Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #26
badteccy

Yellow walls, bamboo shades, awesome artsy yellow,white,blue, whatever bedspread, tan wooden furniture, a flat screen TV, a dark, very full and wooded bookcase, a tree painting I did and this Jazz woodcute thing. A whie curtain with this awesome big tree on it as my closet "door".
HOW GOTH, RITE???
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #27
NachtSorcier

Steel gray walls and ceiling, beige carpet, black curtains, black iron bed frame, and lots and lots of clutter. Before I can do anything else with it I need to get the carpet stretched and cut. I plan on getting a throw rug that will cover most of the ugly beige.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I wonder how many people are going to come and live in my room this time? Last time we had a thread like this, the count got to about 5 or something haha! There is only one person on this site who'd be allowed IN the bed, but he no longer posts alas. So I get it all to myself *dances* I wouldn't mind a pretty thing to lie at the end though... hmmm.....
Count me in!

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #28
Delkaetre

A mess. A tiny, squalid, mess. I don't have enough space for anything- two fur coats, two leather trench coats, a green suede frock coat, a black frock coat, a silver frock coat... no hanging space at all, especially when I need to hang my grey suit and my work stuff and my shirts and waistcoats. All flat surfaces are occupied with books, papers, masks, gloves, glass, various cards, unorthodox dolls, more papers, more books, bubble wrap... And the bed and computer chair are covered in the clothing that doesn't fit in or on the wardrobe- corsetry, coats, shirts, t-shirts, four pairs of black skinny jeans (five now the buttonless set have a button again), pvc, underwear, blouses....

The walls are a vile magnolia, a great corner of the room is taken up by the hot water tank, and the bed, desk, drawers and wardrobe are all *very* carefully arranged in order to fit in at all. There are posters on the walls- La Mucha, Siouxie, Voltaire(signed), Bowie in the Labyrinth, Abney Park (signed). Unfortunately, I can't put up my limited edition The Mission: The Final Chapter poster, because it's a lovely print and will need framing and glass.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #29
honeythorn

Woo I have 3! I've tidied my room since those pictures, it's bloody immaculate. The dusty unused TV has gone and I actually now have space for some of my larger crystals to come out and glitter ^^

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...horn/stuff.jpg

I wanted to set up my 3 gallon steampunk shrimp tank on the bedside table but mother has banned me > So the crystals are there instead.

Delk - Are you allowed to put up shelving or anything? Perhaps hooks on the walls for the coats and whatnot? And I don't know if you have one already, but you can get a hook rack that hangs/hooks onto the top of the door while still allowing you to shut it. We have one here in the spare room . Might be useful for coats and long garments maybe?
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #30
Opteron_Man

My room is crammed with a computer setup on a board that is on two big floor model speakers as a makeshift desk. Stereo amp/tuner/tapedeck, piles of clothes, some clean or dirty, bed, table and dresser. And *points* more junk stratigically placed around. Oh, and coffee cups too hehe! Electric heater. My boots and sandles, and depending if I am about to go to sleep, my AFO braces are cast onto the floor in a untidy heap. lol! I may take a picture of my room for fun.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #31
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Woo I have 3! I've tidied my room since those pictures, it's bloody immaculate. The dusty unused TV has gone and I actually now have space for some of my larger crystals to come out and glitter ^^

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...horn/stuff.jpg

I wanted to set up my 3 gallon steampunk shrimp tank on the bedside table but mother has banned me > So the crystals are there instead.

Delk - Are you allowed to put up shelving or anything? Perhaps hooks on the walls for the coats and whatnot? And I don't know if you have one already, but you can get a hook rack that hangs/hooks onto the top of the door while still allowing you to shut it. We have one here in the spare room . Might be useful for coats and long garments maybe?
That is a cool looking room!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #32
ZyklonB

My room? Ok.

Used to sort of look like this

Now it looks like

That's with the Futon up though.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #33
Tam Li Hua

I have a house, and it's usually cluttered with random crap.

Surprise, surprise.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:30 PM   #34
Tam Li Hua

Honeythorn, I envy your bed!! *steals*
Old 05-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #35
Pastamancer

Honeythorn, that is the most amazing room I have ever seen. You've inspired me to clean up my room. My first goal will be to find something to fix my bed frame with.
Pastamancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:07 PM   #36
Komakino

ZyklonB, Your room's a mess! Interesting before and after photos hahah!
Komakino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #37
Cicero

Bat Brains and I have a whole house that's being consumed by random shit. I am too fucking untidy and disorganised, and being a hoarder that likes to make stuff doesn't help that. I can't throw anything away that I may find a use for in future creations.

So yeah, best description for our most frequently used living spaces would be post-apocalyptic.

I do keep a clean kitchen though.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #38
Komakino

Quote:
I do keep a clean kitchen though.
Well good for you haha! Errr...mine would be the opposite of your's though.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #39
Pastamancer

A clean kitchen is a must. I do tend to get flour in odd places but otherwise it is clean.
Pastamancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #40
Komakino

I should start cleaning then o_-
Old 05-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #41
ZyklonB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
ZyklonB, Your room's a mess! Interesting before and after photos hahah!

Yeah my room is tiny so there tends to be stuff all around. I don't even have a closet to put my stuff in, so there's a cabinet thing to the left of the photos that you can't really see that has lots of my clothes. Actually it's supposed to be a bookcase, but it works. And it holds other random stuff.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:18 PM   #42
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero and Delkaetre View Post
Disarray and hoarding(on behalf of Cicero)
Yay for fellow untidy hoarders!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:28 AM   #43
Solumina

Jake is one of you hoarding types and I'm more of the "if you can find a place for it then it can stay but otherwise it goes" kind of a person and no, the floor does not count as an acceptable place, neither do chairs, my desk, or the kitchen counter (unless it is some sort of kitchen item then an exception can be made). Thankfully the new place has much more storage space so there will be less of an issue, but I have a feeling he will manage to more than fill that up within the first two months.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #44
SiouxsiePernova

I am most definitely a hoarder, and I seem to clutter surfaces unnecessarily. I have tried to become more a more organised person, but I keep relapsing.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:07 AM   #45
honeythorn

I try my best not to hoard, but sooner or later I have to find a box to put hoarded items in and shove it under the bed if I can't find some way to display it. Much like Cicero, I tend to hoard things I reckon I'll use to make something else. The crystals are an exception to that, but I do have somewhere to display some of the larger ones now the TV is gone.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:17 AM   #46
Still Jack

I'll take a pic of my room as soon as oggy has come to pick up his engine which I'm looking after at the moment. 5.0 l V12 from a Toyota limo I think.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:22 PM   #47
Pineapple_Juice

New room, same crap, but I like the vaulted ceiling I have now. Planning on moving in with the BF asap and then our studio will be awesome.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #48
Zabijej

Zabijej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #49
ZyklonB

I wish I had an air conditioner sometimes.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #50
Zabijej

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyklonB View Post
I wish I had an air conditioner sometimes.
D: YOU POOR THING!

srs, I feel for you.
Zabijej is offline   Reply With Quote