Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
zerademark

Zerachiel de Mark, Greetings

Hello everyone on Gothic.net.

My name is Zerachiel de Mark (obviuosly not my real name, a simple annagram) and I decided to join this site to get a little more grip on writing gothic fiction. And now, let the introduction commence!

1) My hobbies are painting, drawing, writing and listening music. I am still at school, so no jobs for me.

2) I am from Suriname, a country located north of South-America. Right between the Guyana's and above Brazilie. And contrary to the fact that most Latin American countries talk Spanish, my country doesn't. My home langauge is Dutch, so please forgive me if I make spelling mistakes or so.

3) My favorite author is J.K. Rowling. Because I live in a third world country whos home langauge isn't English, I didn't have the chance of knowing a lot of english authors.

4) My favorite movies are Twilight, the Dark Knight and 2Fast 2Furiuos. I dont know if anime movie counts, but there I have Vampire Hunter D.

5) Music I want to play at my weddings are: Seal - Kiss of a Rose and Pehli Nazar Mein - Atif Aslam

6) Music I want to play at my funeral. Hmmm...None. It is no use playing any music if no one comes.

7) How I want to die...Free-fall from a high building or getting shot when protecting a girlfriend. ^^ I'm so romantic.

8) As a muslim, we don't use caskets. So this question is meaningless to me.

9) My favorite outfit is a long dark-blue jeans with a short sleeved black/ grey T-shirt. A leather band. And ofcourse my selfmade necklace with 5 Pagan symbols as hangers.

10) What I missed from being a little kid...Being utterly naief.

11) At this moment Arch Enemy is my favorite band.

12) Suriname standard education: Grade-school, Mulo School and now I'm busy with my first year of High school.

13) I joined to get a tighter grip when writing Gothic horror, and to improve my internet-social life. Also to get into more contact with people.

14) I am male, seventeen years of age.

That's about it. I'm looking forward at meeting the rest of Gothic.net.

Salaam Walekum,

-Zerachiel de Mark-
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
Solumina

Hello, I'm rather sorry to say that gnet has mostly lost touch with its literary roots, we do still have a literature section worth checking out, it just isn't as active as it used to be and we only have a handful of published authors now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerademark View Post
My favorite movies are Twilight [...] and 2Fast 2Furiuos.
Really? Why?

Also if you're Muslim then why do you wear a necklace with Pagan symbols?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:04 AM   #3
Pineapple_Juice

Very good question.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
zerademark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Hello, I'm rather sorry to say that gnet has mostly lost touch with its literary roots, we do still have a literature section worth checking out, it just isn't as active as it used to be and we only have a handful of published authors now.
Then I will try to re-boot it. xD

Quote:
Really? Why?
2Fast 2Furiuos: Because this movie settings, Miami I think, reminds me of the times when I was Yu-Gi-Oh duelist. Practicly everything does in a underground street movie. Just replace every cars with cards and there you have it.

Twilight: When first watching the movie I got bored. But as the story processed to the ending, I got a weird feeling I can't describe. Maybe nostalgia or something? I don't know. But the love between Edward and Bella really inspirated me for a few paintings.

Quote:
Also if you're Muslim then why do you wear a necklace with Pagan symbols?
Because I am a real Muslim, not those stupid bastards from the middle east. I wear them because they look beautiful and I don't believe in Paganism. The rest of my family finds it okay too, as long if I don't add crosses, skulls, pentagrams (other -grams are allowed) and such things. That way it won't offend people.

Salaam Walekum,

-Zerachiel de Mark-
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #5
PortraitOfSanity

So you're a racist, AND you compromise your own ideals for the sake of what other people think of you.

I don't think I'm going to like you much.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
zerademark

Come again? Please quote the part where you got those assumption from?
If you're talking about "stupid bastards from the middle east", then this is a misunderstanding. I call them "stupid bastards from the middle east" because I was refering to the ones there who actually read the Qoran and still misunderstand it and use it as a tool to promote war. I don't judge people from their skin color or their religion. I just get really mad when people do stupid things and then justify it.

And the thing about compromisation is simply that some people get offended when confronted with these things. (skulls, pentagrams etc.)
I don't dress myself to offend people, I dress to comfort myself. Black clothing and other Pagan symbols are my taste. If people don't like that, then sorry for them. But I'm not trying to "shock" them like rockers do.

Besides, I already get stopped fifty times by Christian promotors when taking taking a walk through town. I really don't need the church chasing me or priest in white praying for my soul agian.

Ciao ciao,

-Zerachiel de Mark-

ps.
I am Hindustan by skincolor, and I live in a country where racial statements are punishable. I know that I'm an asshole, but not a racist.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #7
Pineapple_Juice

So you don't care what people think of you, but you don't want to offend people with pagan symbols because you care what people think of you?
Old 06-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #8
zerademark

More explained:
-I dont care so much what people think of me.
-I dont want people to be offended; getting an emotion that angers or frighten themself.

I just realized I made an introduction in which I hardly introduced myself...

To start over:
My name (not real, but a annagram) is Zerachiel de Mark. I have intressed in diverse subjects like History, Religion and the occult. My favorite music swifts from metal to soul. I loved reading, but lost a little of that passion due to a large amount of read-grounding layed by my parents. My favorite hobbies are painting and writing.

Good features: Helps people, smart, talented, talks riduculous amount of English and reconizes when talking contradictions.

Bad features: Depressed, makes dumb decisions, hyprocritic, stubborn, weak, bad social live.

This describes me better I think.

-Zerachiel de Mark-
Old 06-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #9
Black Inferno

Hm...Welcome to Gnet,Zerademark...
Assala Walaikumusalam.

"Talks riduculous amount of English"
Well,aren't you the master of the obvious?
Black Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:00 AM   #10
zerademark

yup, riduculous amount of English...during daily life in Suriname...where the home language isn't even English!
Thank you for your comments, everyone.

Salaam,

-Zerachiel de Mark-
Old 06-09-2009, 01:08 AM   #11
Joker_in_the_Pack

You're a South American Muslim who speaks Dutch...

WTF?
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:12 AM   #12
zerademark

More specific, Mr Pack: I'm a South-American Muslim with a Pagan necklace who speaks Dutch but talks alot of English and listens to Japanese music while drinking Chinese tea and eating Hindustan food. lol.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #13
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
You're a South American Muslim who speaks Dutch...

WTF?
Nearly a quarter of the population of Suriname is Muslim and as Dutch is the official language it doesn't seem like a terribly unusual occurrence, though it is a rather small country.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #14
gothicusmaximus

Quote:

2Fast 2Furiuos: Because this movie settings, Miami I think, reminds me of the times when I was Yu-Gi-Oh duelist.
Candidate for funniest single sentence ever to appear in a gothic.net post.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:36 AM   #15
Malice In Wonderland

I think that's an attempt at making "loser who plays card games for 8 year olds" less pathetic sounding.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #16
zerademark

Actually, the setting was quite the same like the movies. I mean, playing for cards and money, Listening to HipHop and Metal, cards getting stolen, cards getting burned because Christian thought they were Satanic....
Old 06-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #17
Solumina

Sorry dude but it isn't at all the same, that would be like saying playing D&D is pretty much the same as being a Medieval knight. No matter how hard you want to believe it, it just isn't true.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #18
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Actually, the setting was quite the same like the movies. I mean, playing for cards and money, Listening to HipHop and Metal, cards getting stolen, cards getting burned because Christian thought they were Satanic....
Did mentioning something negative to do with religion make you feel cool?

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Old 06-11-2009, 05:17 PM   #19
zerademark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Sorry dude but it isn't at all the same, that would be like saying playing D&D is pretty much the same as being a Medieval knight. No matter how hard you want to believe it, it just isn't true.
I think I already knew that I was playing with a children card game.

Quote:
Did mentioning something negative to do with religion make you feel cool?
No not really. I have nothing againts religion. I just don't like the people in the religion.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #20
Malice In Wonderland

Gnet is suffering from an influx of complete and utter retards right now.
Well... More than usual anyway.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #21
zerademark

Good thing I joined then, right Mr Wonderland?
Old 06-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #22
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
And this, to you, recalls a movie focused on illegal streetracing, drug trafficking, and semi-truck hijacking?
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #23
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Good thing I joined then, right Mr Wonderland?
As much as that would have sounded cool coming from anyone else...

Old 06-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #24
zerademark

Well Mr Maximus,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
And this, to you, recalls a movie focused on illegal streetracing, drug trafficking, and semi-truck hijacking?
Illegal streetracing: Playing in about every public places where cards are prohibited. Betting money, cards or on one occasion, a cellphone worth $160

Drug trafficking: People were smoking, drinking alcohol, betting, importing cards and trading stolen cards.

Semi-truck hijacking: Stealing $300 worth of cards....

But enough about the childrencard games and so. That was one part of my life which I enjoyed, but unfortanly ended. I am now focusing on art and improving my English writing. Little question: Are we allowed to post pictures and if the answer is yes, where?

Thanks for the comments,

-Zerachiel de Mark-
Old 06-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #25
Godslayer Jillian

I gave up my dangerous life of Yu Gi Oh dueling and became an author. Maybe one day I will write my autobiography, let the world know my days old glory with my faithful friend the Black Wizard.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote