Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:52 AM   #1
CptSternn

Denver cop accused of using gun to speed up McDonald's breakfast

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12880594

A Denver police officer faces felony menacing and weapons charges based on an allegation that he pointed a pistol to speed up his order at an Aurora McDonald's in May.

An employee at the McDonald's at 18181 E. Hampden Ave. told investigators that two officers were waiting for their order at the drive-through window in the early morning hours when Derrick Curtis Saunders, 29, grew impatient and pulled a weapon.

In addition to the menacing and weapons charges, Saunders also is charged with prohibited use of a weapon, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct, the Aurora Police Department said Monday.

Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said Saunders has been suspended with pay during the investigation, but he would be put on unpaid leave once the department is formally notified of the charges.

Jackson said neither he nor Police Chief Gerald Whitman would comment on the case.

"It would be inappropriate for us to make any comment about another department's case, especially an ongoing, active investigation," he said.

Saunders was assigned to Denver International Airport. His booking photograph was not available from Aurora police Monday.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:53 AM   #2
CptSternn

What can I say? Police in America suck.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
What can I say? Police suck.
Ahem...
Fixed.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
What can I say? Police in America suck.
Well, if one idiotic cop in Denver makes all American cops suck, does that mean that since you too are an idiot all people in Ireland suck?

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #5
zerademark

What can there be said? The guy was really really hungry.
"Parapapapaah I'm loving it"

Anyone want some fries?
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:30 AM   #6
Still Jack

Mickey D's isn't worth pulling a gun. Now KFC or Burgerking, that WOULD be worth it. =D
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:00 AM   #7
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Now KFC , that WOULD be worth it. =D
EWW I dont care how many "special spices" they claim to put on their chicken, spiced shit will always taste like shit.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:31 AM   #8
Still Jack

I was taking the piss, I don't eat fast food...
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #9
Lord Whiskerton

I highly do not think that it would be worth threatening innocent common people for the rubbish they call "Fast Food", especially by a person of authority whose job is to protect his fellow citizens.
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #10
DemiGoth

Greedy obese people... see what the world is coming to? The US's own protection is turning against itself in order to get breakfast at McDonalds!!! Pretty sad I must say.
DemiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote