Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
*~Necromantic_Lovely~*

Hi, I'm Brittany. I'm a "Budding Gothic" in appearance, not at heart.

Hi there!
My name's Brittany, yes I'm new and there's nothing anyone can do about it! Anywho, I am a writer of Dark subject matter through poetry and people seem to have a problem with it. I say, "come on now, my being more interesting and open-minded than them just keeps the world right on spinnin' " I love to read and write anything with a dark touch, as it nourishes the soul in a way that "frilly, rainbow-fart writing cannot."

I love Rock music, specifically TOOL and A Perfect Circle, although it would behoove me to discover some Gothic bands. I sing in my spare time and love video games. I have a ps3 but not a lot of girl-gamer friends that share my interests.

I joined this site to find my outlet, as I am a very misunderstood person and feel like a ghost trapped in this prison we call modern society. I'm not much of a social person and rarely talk to anyone I know, only because they will never understand my complex thoughts and ways of living. I hope to make some female friends that are like me.

Thank you for having me,
Brittany
*~Necromantic_Lovely~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
Alan

You do realize that the fact that you find the done-to-death clichés of 'dark' literature inspiring, and the fact that you talk of literature as a dichotomy between stupid somber tropes and "frilly, rainbow-fart writing", are just perfect signs of your lack of creativity?

Let me ask you something. Octavio Paz. Where does he fall in your dichotomy of uninspired poetry?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
Grausamkeit

Jill, you are truly sadistic. I like that.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Let me ask you something. Octavio Paz. Where does he fall in your dichotomy of uninspired poetry?
Oh, he is definitely in the dark side of it 'cause he's like all dead and shit.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
Grausamkeit

Seriously, I thought I liked Pablo Neruda until I read some of Paz's poems.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
Valhalla

... I don't know what to think. At first I thought preteen girl, but based on "they will never understand my complex thoughts and ways of living" it could be a troll. However, only budding goths can muster the pretentiousness to use behoove in a sentence. I have no idea.

Anyway, if you're not a troll, welcome to the forums Brittany. I enjoy video games as well, and also have a PS3. What do you play?
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
Grausamkeit

If they had used 'behoove' in the wrong context I would think it wasn't a troll.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
*~Necromantic_Lovely~*

No, I'm not a pre-teen troll, this is a real profile. It clearly states that I'm 21. If anyone is pretentious here, it is all of you douchebags, choosing to inflate your intelligence just to make the new person look ignorant. You have nothing to go on here...all of your attacks are nothing but opinions. Yes, I used "behoove" correctly. Wow, what a shocker that a person can use words in the right context and not be a troll! You attacked EVERYTHING...even the words in my title! I didn't realize one had to be perfect to join this site. A word of advice, "opinions are only going to get you so far. After you stop advancing through life on pure opinion, you'll be doing nothing but wasting away in a pool of foolishness." Looks like you better start contributing something more worthwhile to this site than attacking others with your big, scary opinions and grow some balls, or grow up, whichever comes first.
*~Necromantic_Lovely~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #9
Grausamkeit

oh noes! another n00bz schoolin' the forum.....

Old 12-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #10
Alan

You don't have to be perfect to be on this site.
But we do have one qualifier:
You can't come here and be exactly like every other single god damn teenager that discovered the color black, and then go on about how YOU are completely different than everyone else and that they are not real people with real problems but rather just a walking mannequin always wearing a smile like that were a bad thing.
What if the girl you see coming out of The Limited was once ***** and she was strong enough to continue living a happy life despite all that?
What if the jock that you hated so much in high school based his whole future on a basketball scholarship because his parents wouldn't be able to afford college for him?
What if the preppy girl reading a nondescript book that you dismiss immediately because it has a shiny silver cover so it must be 'rainbow-farting', is actually reading The God Delusion?

But you, your biggest problem is that you want to make a bitch fit because people online tell you we've seen hundreds of people exactly like you, and that hurts you because you want to pretend you're special.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:52 AM   #11
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
You don't have to be perfect to be on this site.
But we do have one qualifier:
You can't come here and be exactly like every other single god damn teenager that discovered the color black, and then go on about how YOU are completely different than everyone else and that they are not real people with real problems but rather just a walking mannequin always wearing a smile like that were a bad thing.
What if the girl you see coming out of The Limited was once ***** and she was strong enough to continue living a happy life despite all that?
What if the jock that you hated so much in high school based his whole future on a basketball scholarship because his parents wouldn't be able to afford college for him?
What if the preppy girl reading a nondescript book that you dismiss immediately because it has a shiny silver cover so it must be 'rainbow-farting', is actually reading The God Delusion?

But you, your biggest problem is that you want to make a bitch fit because people online tell you we've seen hundreds of people exactly like you, and that hurts you because you want to pretend you're special.
Hand me a cigarette, 'cause I just came.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote