Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-15-2020, 03:23 AM   #1
Midnight_Carnival

(If welcomed,) I don't know where this should go (you can delete it or something)

Hello.
I have a shitty attitude, I get thrown off a lot of forums for this. I don't mean to be confrontational, I just have limited understanding of social interactions (due to a lack of enthusiasm) and no understanding of heirarchical group dynamics.
I find it especially challenging to interact with highly competitive people who function mainly in a clearly defined heirarchically structured group because I don't know what to say to "I'm the undisputed king of this pile of reeking shit and anyone who doesn't get inline will be excluded. I'm not challenging the status of such individuals, I just tend to treat them and their need to assert themselves in a similar way to jehovas witnesses coming to the door (I have a shitty -I may have mentioned this)

So I think I should introduce myself, probably, as a way to either avoid getting into fights or in order to see that it's not worth talking shit on this forum (I can talk a lot of shit)

type: tentacled horror
blood type AB (sweet due to use if herbs, not disbetic)
sexuality: not if I can help it
personality type: miserable old bastard (abrasive)
religion: no
politics: fuck off
why am I here?: to meet people, but by "meet people I do not mean attempt to become physically or emotionally intimate with anyone in any way - it's not worth it, really.
what do I want to do with the people I meet?: well, sacrificing them to chthonic elder deities might be fun if they are interested, otherwise probably talk shit and get shot in the face
drug of choice: caffeine
favorite horror movie: the news (it's fucking brutal)
music: I like lots of stuff depending on my mood - like music and stuff with music in it

trigger warnings (or invitations for epic rants, depending on preference):
facebook
harry potter
group stuff (identity, politics, religion, hierarchy, uniformity, etc)
everything (when suffering caffeine withdrawal!)

- that's enough blatant narcissim from me.
if you want to ask me questions I welcome them - including the most invasive personal questions you can think of (mild enthusiasm)
Also, if you want to tell me I'm shit and or won't get on with this group, I'd actually appreciate it. I mean better here and now than constantly giving me shit and strongly hinting that I don't belong every time I post anything.
thanks for having me.
also if you actually read all that shit, thanks for feigning interest - it's a fucking waste of all of our time, but I appreciate it nonetheless.
Midnight_Carnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:57 AM   #2
Geoluhread

Welcome to the semi-dead forums, tentacled stranger!.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:28 AM   #3
Molster

Welcome to the place I like to hide...It's generally pretty dead here...
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:29 PM   #4
Midnight_Carnival

I have the morbid suspicion that I'm going to <gag reflex activates>
"fit in" here.
Gods help you all
Old 03-10-2021, 07:26 AM   #5
DarkIshtar

Greetings.

I hope you find your tribe here. Seems a bit of a revival going on! Newbie in this form here ����
DarkIshtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:32 AM   #6
Midnight_Carnival

Oh hello DarkIshtar.
Thank you for your good wishes.
I will be happy to find a tribe, but I am looking for a particular individual.
Another dark goddess, not the lady of the evening star, heavenly Inanna, lady of the date cluster, the celestial she-goat.
Although I am enchanted to meet her.
<bows politely, taking off bowler hat to do so)
Old 03-12-2021, 06:31 AM   #7
DarkIshtar

Well... I do hope you find her
Old 03-12-2021, 06:39 AM   #8
DarkIshtar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkIshtar View Post
Well... I do hope you find her

Incidently and not at all implyng anything just interesting. Ironic that my Avatar once was Quasior... Often with 7s and 13s.. Alternate and deliberate personalised spelling of Quasar.