Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
Godslayer Jillian

Fuck politeness

It's too fucking much. Too many fucking people are fucking pussies lately. The collective toughness and intelligence of Gnet is declining because of you fuckers.
What the fuck is your obsession with propriety? You would rather be a nerveless pussy with no opinions of their own, or a passive-aggressive cunt that smiles when you entirely disagree, rather than risking calling on someone's bullshit.

Fucking grow up. Not all opinions are equally valid, and if you think so, then you're either a high school freshman, or a hindrance to our gene pool.

Learn to fucking have a real consistent opinion, you fucking pussies. All of you that think all opinions are equally valid are merely subconsciously hiding the fact that your own ideas are shit. You want all opinions to be equally valid because you know that under scrutiny, no one would take yours seriously.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
Delkaetre

Ever heard Tim Minchin's stuff?
A wonderful example of the times when you just cannot listen to someone bullshitting on any further- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujUQn0HhGEk
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
Godslayer Jillian

Holy shit, that guys is awesome.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Delkaetre

His song about fat kids is also quite good, directed as it is directly at the parents rather than at advertising or government or schools or any other popular scapegoats.

Oh, and this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DXl6...eature=related
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
Underwater Ophelia

Yes.
Thank you.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
DRM

Even some freshman know that not all opinions are valid.
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
maggot

NO YOUR STUPID!!!!!!!

Just kidding, just kidding.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
You know Jillian, you're right, and to take it further, America should stop caving in to other nations wants and needs and we should go back to unilateralism, who gives a fuck about others opinions? Who care what feelings we step on, who we piss off? Let's bring back Bush and then we can just do whatever the fuck we want. Enough of America being a pussy! Let's stand for America and keep our opinions, and to hell with flexibility or diplomacy! If our leaders show us how we can be undiplomatic too! Diplomacy be damned!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #9
Godslayer Jillian

Do I even need to prove all you said as ridiculous or you just wanted to let some steam off?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-07-2009, 06:02 PM   #10
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
You know Jillian, you're right, and to take it further, America should stop caving in to other nations wants and needs and we should go back to unilateralism, who gives a fuck about others opinions? Who care what feelings we step on, who we piss off? Let's bring back Bush and then we can just do whatever the fuck we want. Enough of America being a pussy! Let's stand for America and keep our opinions, and to hell with flexibility or diplomacy! If our leaders show us how we can be undiplomatic too! Diplomacy be damned!
Seriously.
Fuck.
Off.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #11
Mir

HumanePain: [sigh] Why even bother?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:22 PM   #12
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Do I even need to prove all you said as ridiculous or you just wanted to let some steam off?
Looking back at it I think it was flatulence not steam but eh...yeah.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:46 AM   #13
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
There goes some of my respect for you.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:34 AM   #14
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
That was awesome.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #15
Tam Li Hua

Ow, my brain. >_<

You can be certain of your opinion without being a rude asshole. I think that was HumanePain's point.

Not to say that I don't understand your frustration though; tolerance -can- be taken a bit too far sometimes.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:05 AM   #16
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
NO YOUR STUPID!!!!!!!

Just kidding, just kidding.
Heh heh heh. This was awesome. XD

In all seriousness, though, I think this is what just about every argument on t3h Internetz boils down to eventually.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #17
Beneath the Shadows

So some people want to be polite... and? Does it hurt you? Does it somehow degrade your own arguments?

I understand what you're saying, Jillian, but if some people want to be pussies, let them... it'll make those of us who are dicks quite happy.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #18
Solumina

There is a clear distinction between being polite and being a pussy. I will bend over backwards to be polite but that doesn't stop me from voicing my opinion. I am sick of people on here being passive aggressive and spineless but I am equally sick of people seemingly going out of their way to be catty bitches. Voice your opinion, give a proper argument, tell someone why they are wrong, whatever but it doesn't have to turn into mudslinging.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #19
JCC

Eh, I don't know where I stand on this. As you can probably all tell, I like mocking the things that people say and can be pretty harsh in my criticism, but I genuinely don't like upsetting people, and whenever people say "oh fuck politeness", I always wonder whether they mean "don't be afraid to make fun of people and be harsh" or "go out of your way to be a dick".
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #20
Alarica

I think it's far easier for people to be brutally honest on a forum, such as this, than it is face to face. But there will always be people so desperate to be accepted and fit in that they will quite literally agree with anything a name on the screen says.

As for Tim Minchin, I think the blokes brilliant. Trying to get tickets to see him in Oxford.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #21
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
There goes some of my respect for you.
That's what I get for not being a pussy. LOL

Actually I was a little tense that day. I blow up from time to time.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #22
Cicero

After watching the youtube links posted here I immediately made a compulsive purchase of tickets to see Tim Minchin in less than two weeks. Yay.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:58 PM   #23
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Eh, I don't know where I stand on this. As you can probably all tell, I like mocking the things that people say and can be pretty harsh in my criticism, but I genuinely don't like upsetting people, and whenever people say "oh fuck politeness", I always wonder whether they mean "don't be afraid to make fun of people and be harsh" or "go out of your way to be a dick".
I like this. Kudos to you.

For me, there's a time to let loose raw irritation and criticism and a time when tact and discretion can be equally powerful tools.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #24
$haDe

I think I'm polite.... like naturally.

In my opinion, I don't think it is about hurting people's feeling but more like.. I don't see why do I have to be mean and fierce about the arguement just to prove that my statement is right.
The whole thing is still about logics and possibilities, sometimes it's 'right or wrong'.Thus, I believe it's a waste of time to put in insults and stuff....or at least not when it is not necessary.

ps. But, again, it could be very amusing for anyone else.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #25
Tismine

I quite enjoy this topic.
Since when is being polite synonymous with subservience? I am exceedingly polite, but I very rarely back down from an argument unless I have truly changed my mind. While I'll admit that it takes far less effort to insult someone when one ignores all rules of etiquette and throws curse words about freely, it also speaks of a dull mind and an even duller tongue.
Honestly, Jillian. If you found yourself in an debate with a man constantly spewing bile from his lips while screaming and fighting for his opinion, refusing to take anything that you are saying into account, would you take anything he was saying seriously? No matter how valid his argument, his listeners will not hold him in respect and consider what he says. Whereas if he was exceedingly polite while listening, absorbing, and countering his opponent's points, his audience would be much more captivated, and thus more likely to adopt his thought.
Also, please consider modern politics. Those involved in politics have to constantly weave their words while maintaining a pleasant exterior. And yet they manage to spread rumors, insult each other, and negotiate with volatile powers while conserving their friendly, polite exterior.
I suppose that that is what makes manners so important: It separates the unintelligent from the intelligent.

And in regards to something I can't remember: One does not need to attack the character of their opponent to attack their argument. A vile tongue is only a hindrance because, instead of finding rational counterpoints to their ideas, you waste time and brain power fabricating petty insults.

I'm terribly sorry if this didn't make sense. I've been deprived of sleep for a bit, and I tend to ramble when this happens. I do hope I got my point across, though.
Tismine is offline   Reply With Quote