Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:43 AM   #26
ltrevspicer

http://groups.com/aunzsatanism is where you can find all you need to know about The Australia New Zealand Satanists Association, or email me at aunzsatanism@yahoogroups.com
ltrevspicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:08 PM   #27
Delkaetre

The bits of Satanism I've looked seem to be... an exaggerated hedonism, under a different name- an excuse for the strong to rule, do as thou wilt, etc.
We don't have real Satanists here (Northern Ireland), we have posers with internet certs.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:29 AM   #28
dickennz

Order of the Left Hand Path?

I was reading that there was a satanist group in New Zealand called "The Order of the Left Hand Path". There is some info on them here: http://www.answers.com/topic/order-o...left-hand-path

I found this page to: http://textfiles.com/occult/OTO/heretic1.txt it says "RECENT EVENT: The Order of the Left Hand Path has changed its name to: Ordo Sinistra Vivendi." It looks like that was back in 1992.

Does anyone know if they are still around? There are other articles by them online.

I also found this other page which has some interesting information: http://www.geocities.com/noctuliusnz/index.htm - I am guessnig that noctuliusnz is in new zealand by the yahoo.nz email address. I tried emailing but it says "This account has been disabled or discontinued" ... anyone here know who noctuliusnz is or how to contact him/her?

I'm in New Zealand too btw, so would like to find out more.
dickennz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:36 AM   #29
Biggles

The OLHP/OSV was based in Wellington area (along with its successor, the Ordo Deorc Fyre) but it curled up its toes about ten years ago. The OLHP was strongly antagonistic towards LaVeyian Satanism, viewing it as, essentially, infantile, puerile and lacking any real grunt. As the OLHP evolved into the ODF it aligned itself ever closer to the English Order of Nine Angles (google the ONA for a bit of joy and delight).

However, from the beginning the OLHP took a strong pro-Nazi stance and advocated various aspects of neo-Nazi agenda
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:47 AM   #30
ArtificialOne

Hah!!! I find this funny cuz I lived in Adelaide for 2yrs and saw many running around with pentagrams and stuff....... just funny because it's a very conservative city..and the accents.....

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:00 AM   #31
Delicate_Torture

Most people who wear pents are Wiccan or Pagan and are not Satanists.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:02 AM   #32
ArtificialOne

my bad....
sorry

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:38 AM   #33
Delicate_Torture

It's ok.. it is a common mistake. In case you're curious...

A pent symbolises the four elements, fire, earth, water and air-plus the fifth sacred thing, which is spirit. These are the things that a Wiccan or Pagan hold sacred and are seen as being vital for existance.

If you follow a clockwise path around the pentacle, the elements are placed in order of density - spirit being the top point, and then air, earth, fire, water. Earth and fire are basal and fixed-and so they sit at the bottom; air and water are free and flowing-and are the two upper level points. The single point upwards signifies the spirit ruling matter (mind ruling body) and is a symbol of things being in right order. When a pent is worn upside down (which some Satanists do-in the same way that they will wear inverted crucifixes,) with two points up and one (the point denoting spirit) downwards, subservient, the emphasis is on the carnal nature of Man with the wants of the body overruling the Will.

There are male and female versions of the pent, denoted by the way in which the line from the top point (spirit) draws down to the lower, right point (earth).. if the line passes under the horizontal bar (the air-water line) then the pent is symbolic of the male, if it passes over this line them it is symbolic of the female.

A pent can be open or closed. Open means that it hasn't got a circle drawn around it. This symbolises that the wearer is in an active and aware state, and is ready for conflict. It is used as a form of warding or marking something as protected or set aside as blessed for a specific task. A circle around a pentacle contains and protects. The circle symbolizes eternity and infinity, the cycles of life and nature. The circle touching all 5 points indicates that the spirit, earth, air, water and fire are all connected. The circled pentacle is the passive form implying spiritual containment of the magic circle and discipline in one's path.

[/rant]
Old 01-24-2007, 05:03 PM   #34
asta_tintora

Location: To the south of one thing, to the east of that one, and slightly to the right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicate_Torture

There are male and female versions of the pent, denoted by the way in which the line from the top point (spirit) draws down to the lower, right point (earth).. if the line passes under the horizontal bar (the air-water line) then the pent is symbolic of the male, if it passes over this line them it is symbolic of the female.

[/rant]
Interesting. It will give me something more to look at in the jewelry stores to see if it is a male or female symboled pentagram.

Another question, I went into store in Alicante where they had a rather nice pentagram for sale (closed lined with shell, but that is beside the point.) The shopkeeper called it a Star of David. I've also see other areas, where I would think they would use the pentagram, but had a star with six points instead. Is this just a case of mistaken identity or is there some past connection between the two symbols I am missing?
asta_tintora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:47 PM   #35
Delicate_Torture

The Star of David (often also called the Shield of David and sometimes the Seal of Solomon) is a hexagram-which is a six pointed star made of an upward facing and a downward facing triangle. It is a Jewish symbol and got it's name from the theory that it represents the astrological charts at the time of the birth of King David. It is now used on the Israeli Flag. It's meant to symbolise the number seven (six points plus the center area to equal seven) which according to the Hebrew in the Old Testament of the Bible is the number of completion... so that is why 7 is associated with heaven and God, and 6 (or 666) is the number of Satan, being one less than perfection, or imperfection. The Star was also used during Nazi Germany to mark the Jewish people as seperate. They were forced to wear a yellow Star of David on their clothes.

It is also used in Occultism and Paganism. It represents the chalice and the sword-the upside down triangle being the chalice or the feminine, and the upright triangle being the sword or the masculine. It also represents the point at which the heavens and earth meet. Interestingly enough, both Wiccans and Christians use a phrase in ritual to symbolise this meeting of heavens and earth.. "As above, so below." The points of the Star also symbolise the elements as they do in a pent... the difference being that the bottom point is a symbol of man in the same way that the top point of a pent is the symbol of spirit. The other points refer to the 4 elements. In High Majick it is often used as a symbol of summoning.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:18 PM   #36
asta_tintora

Location: To the south of one thing, to the east of that one, and slightly to the right.
Okay, thanks for the clarification. I thought I was missing a piece of information.
asta_tintora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:48 AM   #37
Geo_Toni

Creature? Creature???!!!

How insulting... I dont mind being called a freak, or a weirdo... but Creature? Oh boy...
What was this person on... actually, better not ask!

No point in me emailing... dont beleve in a devil or hell! be a waste of time... HA!
Geo_Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:50 AM   #38
Geo_Toni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicate_Torture
Most people who wear pents are Wiccan or Pagan and are not Satanists.
Thank you for clearing that up! Glad to see someone knows that.
Geo_Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:30 AM   #39
dickennz

A contact in Australia just sent me a link for a New Zealand based website for Meridianus Nexion - meridianusnexion - 50webs - com - didn't think I was a new member!
dickennz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:40 PM   #40
ltrevspicer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel View Post
I'm a Satanist, Kamillo, and would be willing to answer any questions you might have about the belief. Send me a PM... By the way, how come this thread surfaced again? Probably one of the most pointless ones ever made here...
Ok, love, what is a Satanist? I am curious to see as you consider yourself to be part of us, yet you *resist the urge to roll your eyes* at other Satanists. I am thinking you are one of those teeny boppers who has read The Satanic Bible and now suddenly you are a "priestess"

Funniest shit ever....
Old 11-26-2009, 11:45 PM   #41
ltrevspicer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Toni View Post
Creature? Creature???!!!

How insulting... I dont mind being called a freak, or a weirdo... but Creature? Oh boy...
What was this person on... actually, better not ask!

No point in me emailing... dont beleve in a devil or hell! be a waste of time... HA!
I apologise if I have offended you... I say creature as I think it is more appropriate than other collectives, as we are all creatures of the Earth (trying no to sound too 'hippie') We are just as much animal as we are human....
Old 11-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #42
ltrevspicer

I am fom North QLD, however we have representatives in Brisbane, Sydney and Perth.. Cheers
Old 11-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #43
Solumina

What the fuck are you doing back here?

It seems like long absent members are coming back in droves as of late, unfortunately it seems to mostly be ones that suck.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:14 AM   #44
PersephoneX

Oi! i resent that statement!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:31 AM   #45
Solumina

Hey now, I said mostly, you are clearly an exception.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:35 AM   #46
PersephoneX

just checking.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:09 AM   #47
Cosmicgaunt

Why bump this?
Cosmicgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:17 AM   #48
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrevspicer View Post
Ok, love, what is a Satanist? I am curious to see as you consider yourself to be part of us, yet you *resist the urge to roll your eyes* at other Satanists. I am thinking you are one of those teeny boppers who has read The Satanic Bible and now suddenly you are a "priestess"

Funniest shit ever....
Holy crap you took a long time to respond to this post, I hope for your sake you dont seriously expect all of the people who posted here before to answer you back, since most of them are gone now.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:21 AM   #49
SiouxsiePernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicgaunt View Post
Why bump this?
Membership drive?

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #50
vindicatedxjin

Hah two years to respond?? DAMN!

Bring Kontan Back