Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

View Poll Results: I agree with the list...
Yes 0 0%
No 2 50.00%
Edgar Allen Poe - who is part Native American (few people know this) 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
Catch

Native American Goths

Okay, so as everyone knows people only identify themselves with one race. Usually, when anyone is any type of black, they become black even if they have blond hair and blue eyes. Next, Latinos have gained favor over the years and any amount of Hispanic Ancestory is becoming their entire identity. The only abridgement is being Called "Mexican." Which is apparently an insult to Native American, Muslims, Asians (including India) and some Europeans.

Next we have white. Though blacks and Latinos will not pretend to be white almost every other blend will pretend to be white to gain friends, if they can and sometimes even if they cannot; overemphasizing the parent who is white.

Next, it is a draw between Native Americans and Asians for who wants to be a different race more. Native Americans network and despite the tribal origin it is cool hanging out with other natives, while Asians have underlying racismm between the several countries so much that even the ones with higher standing like China and Japan no longer wish to distinguish which country they originate from at all.

Therefore, I have comiled a list of most desirable race.

Black
Hispanic
White
Muslim
Native American
Asian

Old 02-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Catch

Muslim meaning: Meditaranean (Middle-Eastern and whatever is around the Meditaranean).
Old 02-14-2011, 02:38 AM   #3
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcud View Post
Catch is the second funniest person here.
Thank you. Who is the funniest?
Old 02-14-2011, 03:58 AM   #4
CptSternn

I thought this was a thread on naked american goths.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcud View Post
I am the funniest.
Okay, I'll take your word on it.

Turns out Johnny Dep is half Scottish and the other half is Native American. Does anyone know that? No. It's not popular enough.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
nobodygoth

Johnny (found this out on a Report on TV, of all things), that he and I are distant Cousins.
Oh, and I am Proud as Punch of ALL the different Ethnicities that my Family happens to carry.
I Love them, each and every one.
nobodygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:30 AM   #7
PorlNecklace

Why are you using Muslim as a catch all for Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and Arab demographics? So are Italian Catholics and Zoroastrian Persians both Muslim? These ethnic groups do predate the foundation of Islam afterall. While as for no Latinos pretending to be white, that generalization is wrong on both accounts. Seeing as Hispanic is a cultural rather than racial construct, which only developed after the 15th century. Many Latinos still considering themselves Caucasian, and indeed retaining primarily Caucasian ancestries. Shoddy sociology in this thread.
PorlNecklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:38 AM   #8
Elystan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorlNecklace View Post
Why are you using Muslim as a catch all for Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and Arab demographics? So are Italian Catholics and Zoroastrian Persians both Muslim? These ethnic groups do predate the foundation of Islam afterall. While as for no Latinos pretending to be white, that generalization is wrong on both accounts. Seeing as Hispanic is a cultural rather than racial construct, which only developed after the 15th century. Many Latinos still considering themselves Caucasian, and indeed retaining primarily Caucasian ancestries. Shoddy sociology in this thread.
Actually the whole thread is so retarded that it just makes you look stupid for taking the time to write out a serious response.
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:35 PM   #9
PorlNecklace

It might indeed be retarded, but I am studying to become a teacher. So how damning can it be, to waste 30 seconds on a productive response? v^-^v
PorlNecklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:02 AM   #10
XNyarlathotepX

Your problem is that "Muslim" is not a race. It is a religion. Arabic is an ethnicity, and semitic is arguably a race, but you can be 100% white and be Muslim. Conversely, there is a large population of Palestinian Christians, for example.
XNyarlathotepX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #11
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNyarlathotepX View Post
Your problem is that "Muslim" is not a race. It is a religion. Arabic is an ethnicity, and semitic is arguably a race, but you can be 100% white and be Muslim. Conversely, there is a large population of Palestinian Christians, for example.

ninja style

SHUT YOUR MAIZE HOLE AND GET ME SOME FIREWATER, GODDAMNIT!!!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote