Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:20 PM   #76
cyberJade

My style is a mix of things. I like vintage, 80'S punk, goth, preppy, grunge. I love
mixing different styles, because I just can't stick to one. So I pretty much wear
what ever I like. Lately, I've been experimenting with the American Eagle,
Hollister, and Abercrombie type of style. Those stores are expensive so
I limit myself to one or two items. Hell yeah, I love wearing my Hollister flip-flops!
*laughs*
cyberJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:04 PM   #77
NyQuil of Doom

I think I posted my "style" or lack thereof on page 1 of this thread, but I've got to share that my keyboard has 104 keys.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:22 AM   #78
Vitsa

My style is like "black aunt". I like those clothes what may look as your aunt could have those in her closet. But I use other colours too than black. I would like to have something green and more blue staff.

Sometimes I like victorian style with wide sleeves. I like being a princess.
But I wear a skirt everyday because I love skirts! Beautiful skirts! Wonderful skirts! *scratching behind ear*
And I have a hat which has somekind of feather decoration. That's really auntish. (^^')

And my keyboard has 105 keys. This is a really good hobby, may I commend this to others?
Vitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:19 AM   #79
DemureDemise

I typically wear jeans and a t-shirt. If I get one of those days where I'm feeling adventurous, I'll wear a skirt. I also like wearing a long sleeved shirt under a t-shirt when the weather permits.
DemureDemise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:34 AM   #80
tenet_2012

I own two pairs of jeans and I rarely wear them.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:04 PM   #81
Pathogen.

My styles/approaches to Gothic dress:

*Deathrock/Oldschool Gothic.
*Modern/MopeyGoth.
*Victorian [it's something new that I'm experimenting with].
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:12 PM   #82
DemureDemise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
What kind of jeans, though?
I like wearing jeans with a little bit of a flare at the bottom. I don't like really dark blue denim like my sister. She loves to use me as her little doll, it's rather annoying.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:23 PM   #83
Betrothed2Death

I don't have "a" style but I guess if I had to try and come up with a one and a name for it, I'd have to say my style is... well... Gaia
But I'm not just being stupid when I say that because I actually do have in mind to become a fashion designer one day. I dunno if that's what you'd call it exactly because I'm interested in strange fashions so some tell me I'd do better in the costume department. Well, personally, I think costumes should be worn more commonly as everyday garb.
SO THERE.
So, as to the actual description of the clothing style-ish-ness, (o.O) I'll do my best....
I love:
Victorian, Renaissance, Medieval, Gypsy (especially Irish and Arab gypsy clothing), Belly Dancing Costumes, 80's Punk, Modern Punk, almost every subdivision of Modern Goth (Rivethead, Raver, Candy Gothy, etc however I am not so keen on PVC and very fake anything basically which is why I can only tolerate Raver and Candy Goth in moderation). I tend to gravitate mainly towards the darker colors such as black (well... yeah...), dark red, dark gray, dark blue, and such but I also like bright, vibrant colors when used in the right context such as in a lot of Gypsy and Belly Dancing garments.
When it comes to what actually wear from day to day, I must admit, I am a lazy fuck with not much money to burn and thus can be seen at almost any point in time wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. Aheh.
Well, one day, I shall make the point to be... er… less lazy and poor... *scratches head*
^.^
~Gaia<3
Betrothed2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:08 AM   #84
NyQuil of Doom

I wear jeans most of the time if I'm not going anywhere, and a lot of the time if I am going somewhere depending on how much I feel like dressing up.

As said in another thread most of my pants are low-rise just because the at-the-waist styles never fit me right without being baggy in the ass. I can't stand tapered legs either, so I've got flares, straight leg, and wide leg. Only time I ever wear anything with tapered legs is if it's leggings I'm wearing under something else, like when I wear my black unitard under my maroon lace dress.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:26 PM   #85
maggot

I feel stupid to ask, but what's a Rivethead?
Old 03-25-2006, 02:55 PM   #86
Betrothed2Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
I feel stupid to ask, but what's a Rivethead?
When I think of Rivetheads I think: Army stuff such as combat boots, gas masks, buttons long coats, etc, bit of Ravernosity (although it seems that Rivets tend to hate Ravers but I can see a couple similarities between the dress styles) like goggles, syntheticness occasionally (hair, clothes - PVC, painted on eyebrows ick!) uberness, computer geek - electrical/hardware/gaming/gear fanatics.. aheh...... Industrialism... lots of spikes... and chains.. heavy.. black... but crazy colors sometimes.. mostly on hair and face though... but you know, that's just a basic generalization of the catagory, I was trying to incorporate as much as I've seen... Here are some pics of "Rivetheads" so you can get some idea of what I was talking about..

http://www.sykospark.net/poster/index.php?id=486
http://www.sykospark.net/poster/index.php?id=622
http://www.sykospark.net/poster/index.php?id=591
http://www.sykospark.net/poster/index.php?id=624
http://www.sykospark.net/poster/index.php?id=726
http://www.sykospark.net/poster/index.php?id=348

Well, that's all I can find at the moment.. Hope that helped...
~Gaia<3
Old 03-25-2006, 03:30 PM   #87
gruel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betrothed2Death
Here are some pics of "Rivetheads" so you can get some idea of what I was talking about..
Oh please.
From the same person that brought you the "Insta-Emo" and "Insta-Punk" kit.
Have you figured it out yet that it's a joke?
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #88
Betrothed2Death

I don't care about the site, I care about the pictures of clothing.. and they may be mockeries but generally, the mockeries have it right on the nail. How else would people get what they're trying to make fun of?
Old 03-25-2006, 03:34 PM   #89
Betrothed2Death

But now that you mention it, I was having a rather hard time with trying to find pics on that site. A lot of them didn't seem like Rivets at all to me. Heh, yeah call me naive/gullable but I'll admit it. ^.^
Old 03-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #90
Circle V

A rivethead is an industrial music fan. You've got the fashion down pretty well-- it's essentially the opposite end of the spectrum from the Victorian style.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:27 PM   #91
Betrothed2Death

Thanks, that's the point I was trying to get across and when I typed in Rivethead that site popped up and I tried to pick the pictures that seemed the "most Rivethead" to me so.....
Old 03-26-2006, 05:43 AM   #92
Cicero

When climate permits, I feel most comfortable in victorian/renaissance clothing. Corsets, bustiers and velvet gowns with a little pvc here and there. I design and sew most of my clothes with the exception of corsets, so I figure most of the stuff I wear is fairly unique.

Due to my current home's likeness to an oven, however, my every day wear is restricted to mid-length skirts and tank tops I've sewn out of band t-shirts, and occassionally my Ancient Egyptian inspired garments (those Egyptians certainely knew how to deal with hot weather).

It's strange though, when I'm working on a shoot and have to wear "normal" clothes, I feel like such a freak, and yet when I'm traipsing along in my full Victorian-Egyptian regalia I feel perfectly normal.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:50 AM   #93
IdolBones

I wear whatever I feel comfortable in.
Which isn't a lot.
Considering I hate how I look and feel in a lot of clothes.
I just wear jeans and a t-shirt... Blah.
I layer a lot of stuff. I have this really sveet lace top that I put a tank over, that looks sort've cool.
Layering. Woot.
Yunno. Sure.
IdolBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:10 AM   #94
mydnyght

as i've said before, i luv fishnet shirts...goes well with my nipple piercings! other than that, i just where black jeans or something. sometimes, i'll where a nice wrinkle resistant collard black button-up over the fishnet. boots, gotta where boots man. so yeah, my look is simple; comfotable shadowy and flowing.
mydnyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:13 AM   #95
Deviant Kitten

*Cries at all the mangling of English going on in this thread*

I tend to wear a lot of black mixed with deep reds, purples and greys. I love the Victorian romantigoth look, but since I'm too lazy to dress up every day I usually wear long-sleeved t-shirts with my favourite black hipster trousers and some chunky boots.

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:14 AM   #96
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen.
My styles/approaches to Gothic dress:

*Deathrock/Oldschool Gothic.
*Modern/MopeyGoth.
*Victorian [it's something new that I'm experimenting with].
SEXXAY!

I wish more guys would experiment with the Victorian look.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:17 AM   #97
Deviant Kitten

Mmm, agreed, Wolfmoon! Guys look very hot when dressed up as Victorian gentlemen. Especially when they've got lovely, long hair... *drools*

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #98
DemureDemise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten
*Cries at all the mangling of English going on in this thread*
It's ok Kitten, just take a deep breath and everything will be ok.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:26 PM   #99
the_cure

Well I'm 15 and my parents hate me being goth. I manage to slide by with black either band/funny shirts. dark jeans and my black and red converse or skate shoes. Aslo I'm always wearing something on my wrist. Not because i cut, but because i enjoy somthing there.
the_cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:17 AM   #100
Mood

I'm very simplisitc, (black dress shirts and jeans) with a military flare.
Mood is offline   Reply With Quote