Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #1
[dark matter]

Erm. Right. Hello. Im Shauna.

Yes, well. Hello. I was told to come here after butting in to a conversation, Eheh. Sorry again guys. Anyway, I dont consider myself a goth, Im just here to clear up roumours Ive heard, and learn more about gothic culture...I just find it interesting oO On to the Intro Questions. Um, I apologize beforehand, I am not a good speller. At All..

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Well, I babysit a little four year old girl named Bella..Shes great. My Hobbies include making computer graphics, drawing, playing video games (RPGS), Roleplaying Online, Hanging with my friends and taking walks to the beach with my dog.

2. Where are you from?
New York State..Tis quite boreing...and cold..

3. Who is your favorite author?
..I dont really read novels for fun too much anymore...too busy reading assigned books for AP English..I read Graphic Novels though..

4. What are your favorite films?
..League of Extraordinary Gentalmen, Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory..I cant really remeber many more right now..

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
..I dunno..Somthing out of the ordinary..

6. At your funeral?
..Again, I dunno...I dont really think about the future..Im odd like that..

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Old...Quick and Suddenly..I guess..

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I dont want a casket. I want to be creamated..and have a black and white marbled ern..

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
My loose fitting black jeans, some dark coloured t-shirt and my patched sweater.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Being able to hang out with my neighbor without feeling akward.

11. What's your favorite band?
Currently...HIM and Disturbed.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
..Im still in Highschool. A freshman to be exact. Im 14. Dont chew off my ear because of that fact, please. I plan on attending an Art school so I can eventually become an artist for Graphic Novels, or Attend a Graphic art school to eventually make Video Game Characters and/or landscapes.

13. Why did you join?
To Meet people...and to answer questions I had about gothic culture. Ive done a bit of research already, But I figured joining here would be a good idea too. If Im wrong, Inform me and Ill leave you all to what your doing. Thanks. oO

Thats it for the Intro Questions...But heres some stuff that didnt quite fit there..
I Like Anime and Manga. I watch One Piece, Naruto, Zatch Bell, FullMetal Alchamist, Hellsing, And pretty much anything else I see. But I dont have cable or dish, so i dont watch much anymore. As for Manga, I read Death Note, Hellsing, Love Hina, Black Cat, Gin Tama, D. Gray Man, And anything else that I would find interesting. Im not to crazy about shoujo manga, but some is ok. I might check in to the Godchild Series, or Pet Shop of Horrors..

Oh yeah..And I Like to eat strange foods. My Favourite odd food is sushi. Its good. I ate seabreaze salad before, (Seaweed and jellyfish) But Ive realized im allergic to jellyfish. Other weird things Ive tried..Ramaki (Chicken Liver wraped in bacon), Raw Oysters, Conch, Papya, Escargot, frog legs, Caviar (Actually, Sea Urchin Roe, but I think its still under the same title..) and some other things that I cant remember at the moment.

Well Thats about it.. Ill be sure to check back later to see whats up.
[dark matter] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:03 PM   #2
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by [dark matter]
Yes, well. Hello. I was told to come here after butting in to a conversation.
It's cool. It's just that it's nice to get to know someone before you start talking to them.

Quote:
I am not a good speller. At All.
This is a literary site so we like good spelling and grammar - as long as you try then that's good too.

Quote:
4. What are your favorite films?
..League of Extraordinary Gentalmen, Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory..I cant really remeber many more right now..
I love Charlie and the Chocolate factory! I have it on DVD

Quote:
11. What's your favorite band?
Currently...HIM and Disturbed.
HIM is cool. I like their new song "Wings of a Butterfly"

Quote:
12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
..Im still in Highschool. A freshman to be exact. Im 14. Dont chew off my ear because of that fact, please.
I'm 14 too. Nobody really cares as long as you don't act like an immature little so-and-so. Then people "chew off your ear". Heh heh. That's a cool phrase. I've never used that one before.

Anyway... Welcome.

Last edited by Magpie_Tendencies; 03-13-2006 at 08:05 PM. Reason: spelling
Magpie_Tendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #3
Reject_Bunnies

Welcome,Shauna.
Thanks for making a proper introduction. Effort=good. Apology=also good.

You seem interesting and fun,don't worry about being fourteen;we have all ages here.
Just try your best to use good grammar and avoid Netspeak(LOL for example),
and you should be fine.
Oh,and one more little thing:Please don't ask anyone to answer a bunch of questions about:"Why you became Goth" or "What does Goth mean to you?" Some people do not enjoy being cut open and analyzed for their 'Gothiness'.

Now feel free to remove your seatbelt and roam around.
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:09 PM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

Ah yes. I think Reject has pointed all the basics. He's becoming the manual for newbies

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
[dark matter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reject_Bunnies
Welcome,Shauna.
Thanks for making a proper introduction. Effort=good. Apology=also good.

You seem interesting and fun,don't worry about being fourteen;we have all ages here.
Just try your best to use good grammar and avoid Netspeak(LOL for example),
and you should be fine.
Oh,and one more little thing:Please don't ask anyone to answer a bunch of questions about:"Why you became Goth" or "What does Goth mean to you?" Some people do not enjoy being cut open and analyzed for their 'Gothiness'.

Now feel free to remove your seatbelt and roam around.
I dont use Netspeak. It bugs me. Instead I use a bunch of smilies (xD xP x3 ect.).
I Do attempt at spelling and grammer, but it just doesnt click with me. I usually lose most of the points on my essays for spelling, and comma placement..oO
Oh, and dont worry, I dont plan on disecting you all question by question and learning the inner workings of you, I just plan on being here for my own interest, and my own fun x3 With that being said, Im going to browse the rest of these fourms. See you all around ^^
Old 03-14-2006, 07:30 PM   #6

Hi Shauna

I'd like to be creamated too. With strawberries.

Welcome.
655322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:45 PM   #7
[dark matter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
We're good people here, but you can't really call us "gothic". Not as a whole. A few of us call themselves gothic, but many don't.

Am I making sense?
Yeah. Dont worry, I think I know where your going, Like gothic is just a label that people gave a certain group of people who are different. Or Somthing realted to the musical aspect of it. Like one cant really consider oneself a gothic person if they dont know who the Sisters of Mercy or the Bauhaus are...Well, thats what Im getting out of it xD If thats not what you ment, do elaborate. Im not trying to group anyone together, and label you all gothic, I dont really like lables. I think theyre kinda dumb. oO
Old 03-14-2006, 07:58 PM   #8
[dark matter]

Sorry..Double post...
Old 03-14-2006, 08:00 PM   #9
Magpie_Tendencies

You can edit it to delete it. Just click the "edit" button down the bottom.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:06 PM   #10
Magpie_Tendencies

Darn simultaneous post...
Old 03-14-2006, 10:41 PM   #11
WolfMoon

Don't mind Geisha, we don't.

She's just hallucinating again.

*hides banana*
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote