Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
~InsertWittyNameHere~

Another Babybat!

Hello all. I am new (quite obviously) and just wanted to make myself know to the general population. And I apologise for my lack of creativity in this post, i am dredfuly bad at introductions.
My name is Delaney (no last name)
I love music, particularly Jimmy Buffett, David Bowie, Katy Perry, Lady GaGa, abd Taylor Swift (Not the most "Gothyer-than-tho" playlist I know.)
I absolutly love fashion, although I have not found my distinct style yet. I like to think of it as a sweet, well covered gothic fashion but not as sweet and frilly as Gothic lolitta. I love to read and my all time favorite book is "Enders Game" by Orrison Scott Card. My other current favorites are "Alice in Wonderland/ Through the Looking Glass." and "The Gashlycrumb Tinies" (rediscovering childhood favorites). I will be 16 at the end of this year, and i dont have a unfortunate story of woe and angst, of how my parents hate me and throw religon/the status quo in my face. but we do not get along perfectly by any means.
Thank you for reading this, and i hope to find some new friends at this site of doom and gloom.
~InsertWittyNameHere~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
Breathless Horror

Welcome to g-net. Orson Scott Card is rad, I just recently re-read the ender stories, and had comepletely forgotten how much ass they kick. Just try and keep your posts clear, and a read-over before posting to make sure everything is spelled right will help you a lot. The members of g-net are mostly very literate, and some occasionaly get nazi-esque about it.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
Ben Lahnger

Making an effort to spell and write well is a courtesy to others. It says, "I have a desire that you read my comment, so as a courtesy to you I will use, to the best of my ability, proper spelling, grammar and structure, to make my post easier for you to read."

It is a way of being respectful of others, and encourages others to be more interested in what you are saying, instead of how you are saying it.

I'm afraid you're going to end up regretting that name choice.

Orson Scott Card's "Ender" series IS amazing, and Card is the only author to receive both the Hugo and the Nebula award for both a novel AND it's sequel. And he did it in back to back years.

And here's the most amazing thing. He wrote the outline for "Speaker For The Dead" first, then whipped up "Ender's Game" to develop the character of Ender Wiggins and set the groundwork for the second novel!

Welcome to this place. I look forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
~InsertWittyNameHere~

Thank you for welcoming me, and I understand the grammar/spelling issues. (It is a bad habbit of mine not to re-read what I write.) I think it will be very interesting to meet everyone and learn about the Gothic community here.
~InsertWittyNameHere~ is offline   Reply With Quote