Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:40 AM   #1
ackenda

clothing in tall sizes

lumberjack, golfer, jock.

those are the general options for me--i'm 6'8". of course, big and tall shops also tend to lean toward the big--i'm only 200 lbs at that height. fairly slim.

since i'm over 6'4" (what some stores call "extra tall"), i have little chance of finding things that fit well. i have a few things that, by fluke of production, fit pretty well because of an extra-long cut or some other quality of the shape which i bought back when urban planet still sold men's clothing. but now... not so much. and there's really no place i can go. and urban planet's clothes aren't exactly built to last.

so, i look online and have found nothing for me in years of occasional and, admittedly, limited searching (other than old navy, gap, american eagle--which means the wrong sort of plaid and loads of khaki). does anyone know of a store that sells online that has something in the way of tallish sizes or generously long cuts for clothing that could better fit the goth category?

signed,
i can't really be the tallest goth, can i (?)
ackenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:44 PM   #2
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I suggest trying eBay. If not, you might just have to look in thrift stores and maybe even get into sewing and creating your own. Maybe buying something from those mainstream stores and dyeing them a different color might work. That's all I can think of for now.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:45 PM   #3
ackenda

coool. i did think ebay... just tho't that might be a real whippin. i guess i should look before i assume. i've got some friends who are pretty able to sew--i should've tho't of that, too.

thanks, c_c_t.

anyone...any other tho'ts would be appreciated, too.
ackenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:46 PM   #4
Crying_Crimson_Tears

No problem, any time.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote