Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
Rorschach Twin

So, Obama got the nomination

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS...ats/index.html

And of course, Clinton wants the Vice President spot. Any surprise there?

discuss.
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #2
blackwater1110

Death to Clinton!

Oh, wait, Obama's also a manipulative politician who sold out his pastor when things got a bit dicey? Hmmm...Looks like a choice between Turd Sandwich and Giant Douche again.

Who do you think will be his running mate, then? Clinton? For some reason I doubt it, especially given how long it took her to drop out. Unless it was actually a clever promotional scheme by the democrats to keep both contenders in the race for as long as possible to hog the media spotlight so that when they teamed up they would be the only ones anyone had been really following...though I doubt the Democratic party thinks that far ahead. That said the other rumor going around is that Edwards might take the VP slot, which miht pick up some of those blue-collar WASPs that Clinton was holding onto...
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:34 AM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
It's always a choice between two evils. I will be voting for Obama in November as McCain is more of an insider than Barack. I do appreciate McCain's service to his country, and respect his time as a POW, but that does not give him license to be as much of a corporate kiss up as Bush. Time for the pendulum to swing away from a government for the industry, to a government for the people.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
Rorschach Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
It's always a choice between two evils. I will be voting for Obama in November as McCain is more of an insider than Barack. I do appreciate McCain's service to his country, and respect his time as a POW, but that does not give him license to be as much of a corporate kiss up as Bush. Time for the pendulum to swing away from a government for the industry, to a government for the people.
Interestingly enough, McCain and Bush have voted 100% the same on every issue. I'm not sure what type of time frame we're talking about, but I'll get the site..

I've read that Obama is not going to choose Clinton, but I'm not really sure how credible the site was. I actually really hope he chooses John Edwards. He can clearly reach out to most of the demographics that supported Clinton.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #5
Barfing_Rat

Blah what we need is another Theodore Roosevelt. That man was a bad ass! Unfortunately no one will ever come close to fulling his boots.

AS for right now, I'm more worried about repairing our relationship with other countries. Bush have really fucked everything up beyond belief. So I think we need to pick someone who is willing to try work and strengthen relationship with other countries. Unfortunately, large percent of Americans are a bunches of redneck whose cousin is also their sibling and girlfriend/boyfriend and think that every other non christian religions should be crushed and put to death.

Plus you'd be amazed by how ignorant majority of Americans are. Many Americans still believe that any non english speaking countries beside Japan and western Europe are full of bunches of savages who still live in cave and have never seen a automobiles or television.

So good luck getting this damn country to see how awful our relationship with other countries are. They don't want to work with other countries, they just want to go in with "My way and nothing else!" mental set.

So out of both Obama and Clintion... From what I see, Clintion is basically a bitter feminist who is extremely insecure and have to flex her muscles all of the time. So I'd not want someone like that to try work to repair our relationship with other countries. I prefer someone who is more calm, trying to understand other view point, be able to keep their cool, and try to fix the problems instead of being a cowboy. So my vote goes to Obama.

Go ahead and slap me in the head if you want to, I'm not really well up to date in political stuff. I just check on infos from time to time and studies how the candidates act and react to things to decide who I want to vote for.
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:58 AM   #6
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach Twin
Interestingly enough, McCain and Bush have voted 100% the same on every issue.
Yes, please get the site. You need to source statements like this.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #7
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfing_Rat
Blah what we need is another Theodore Roosevelt. That man was a bad ass! Unfortunately no one will ever come close to fulling his boots.
Theodore Roosevelt was a fucking pig. A dumb racist bigoted right-wing pig. Everyone seems to idolise him for some strange reason. Just because he refused to shoot a little bear doesn't make him less of an ass.

Quote:
AS for right now, I'm more worried about repairing our relationship with other countries. Bush have really fucked everything up beyond belief.
The Middle East have hated you for a long time. Bush aggravated the already prevalent dissent, but it was there already.

Quote:
So I think we need to pick someone who is willing to try work and strengthen relationship with other countries.
YAY!

Quote:
Unfortunately, large percent of Americans are a bunches of redneck whose cousin is also their sibling and girlfriend/boyfriend and think that every other non christian religions should be crushed and put to death.
Oh damn. Maybe you need to find someone who doesn't hate the country he's running first. That was all bullshit anyway.

Quote:
Plus you'd be amazed by how ignorant majority of Americans are. Many Americans still believe that any non english speaking countries beside Japan and western Europe are full of bunches of savages who still live in cave and have never seen a automobiles or television.
Your grammar is abysmal. Maybe the new president should focus on education.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #8
Rorschach Twin

Barfing Rat, you are no better than the groups you are complaining about.

Here's one site about it.

http://www.progressivemediausa.org/2...7/john-mcsame/

the site's not really very credible looking, and their source doesn't work.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_103718.html

there's another one.

I swear, all of the stories I looked at have been deleted.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #9
Barfing_Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Theodore Roosevelt was a fucking pig. A dumb racist bigoted right-wing pig. Everyone seems to idolise him for some strange reason. Just because he refused to shoot a little bear doesn't make him less of an ass.
LOL I'm someone who prefer to have a sicko psycho serial murder as a president as long as he can run the country well and take care of the people instead of a Ghandi who cannot even run the country and let it go down hill. When it come to politicians, I don't care much for his personal life. I just look at how he run the country. So I don't love Theodore just because he refuse to shot a cub.

Theodore was a very rich and young man with crazy life. But... He always stand by people, not the business. He have no needs for moneys. He started many things such as FDA, dissolved forty monopolistic companies, pushed for universal health care and national health insurance, built Panama canal, made peace between Russia and Japan, was in process of banning child labor, and many other things. Before that, he was a police chef and he cleaned up the corrupted polices in NYC. He have done many other things. But I don't want to turn this into Roosevet thread. So you can do your own research if you want to know more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
The Middle East have hated you for a long time. Bush aggravated the already prevalent dissent, but it was there already.
I'm no expert on middle east and USA relationship. But... USA does use to have good relationship with middle east. Even to this day many still does. May they're not best friend, but they get along alright. In fact many middle eastern often are very curious about Americans and I've known many people who go or even lived there and say people there was pretty nice. I also had met a couple and they were always surprisingly nice people.
No I'm not saying that all of those people are good or innocent. But... Every places in world have good and bad people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Oh damn. Maybe you need to find someone who doesn't hate the country he's running first. That was all bullshit anyway.
Bullshit? Do you have any idea how dangerous religions are? Southern is the place where those nuts are most intense about their belief. That will not help when it come to relationship with other countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Your grammar is abysmal. Maybe the new president should focus on education.
Is that a cheap shot? Are you judging quality of my post by my grammar? English isn't my first language, that's why my grammar is so bad.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #10
Barfing_Rat

RT.... How is it a bad thing that I want USA to improve their relationship with other countries?

Are you saying most Americans are familiar with cultures and way of other countries living? In 2005 before I leave for Czech, my family was terrified to death. They keep saying that Czech is a riot country going through horrible change in politic and everything. I showed up... It was very peaceful... No violence or anything at all. When I went to Croatia, my family totally panicked. They keep telling me it is a war zone and everything is covered in barbwire, all buildings are ruined to rubbles, and people carry guns around all of the time and will kill me if I make eyes contact. I showed up in Croatia... No firearms in sight. Even thousands of years old structures was still up and being used. Kids was running outside after dark because it was so safe. People was still walking around doing their business.

Other time I met a girl from Africa. She was shocked when I ask her where in Africa she was from. She told me most Americans thought Africa is one country, not a continent.

I also always get in argue when people try to tell me that polygamy is so bad and sick when they don't even understand the reason behind it at all. It happen with everything else that rubs Americans the wrong way.

I can go on about this all night. But to keep it simple... Most Americans are extremely ignorant about other countries and think we have to control them. That's why Americans often aren't too well liked when they travel oversea.

So in end, this lead many Americans to look down at every other countries and consider themselves to be the best. This play a huge role in politic. Especially foreign relationship relate matter.

If more American would take a bit more time to stay educated on other countries and cultures, they'd have seen that invading Iraq was a bad idea just like as almost every other countries in the world.

Then Bush manage to piss countless countries off and sour everything with USA. We are basically slowly heading back into cold war with Russia which isn't a good news at all. We have been dragging many middle east countries into a conflict and put everyone in a tough spot.
Thing with North Korea have been screwed up big time because of American's cocky way of dealing with things.

So... now that's why I am more worried about our relationship with other countries than anything else. Because everything have turned into one huge mess. We need to get it fixed before things get worse. Wouldn't you agree?
Old 06-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #11
JCC

Quote:
LOL I'm someone who prefer to have a sicko psycho serial murder as a president as long as he can run the country well and take care of the people instead of a Ghandi who cannot even run the country and let it go down hill.
What's Gandhi got to do with anything? Teddy Roosevelt couldn't take care of the people inside his country if he didn't care about people who weren't white.

Quote:
I'm no expert on middle east and USA relationship. But... USA does use to have good relationship with middle east. Even to this day many still does. May they're not best friend, but they get along alright.
The US has never had a good relationship with the majority of the US. It was either apathy or seething hatred.

Quote:
In fact many middle eastern often are very curious about Americans and I've known many people who go or even lived there and say people there was pretty nice. I also had met a couple and they were always surprisingly nice people.
Yeah, but a couple of Middle Eastern people doesn't represent the political stance of Middle Eastern countries and the political stance of many Middle Eastern countries is that the west can suck a fatwa.

Quote:
Bullshit? Do you have any idea how dangerous religions are? Southern is the place where those nuts are most intense about their belief. That will not help when it come to relationship with other countries.
I was saying bullshit about the other part. I agree that the Bible Belt is a problem, but Middle Eastern countries are even more militant than the most die-hard Christian Tennessee men.

Quote:
Is that a cheap shot? Are you judging quality of my post by my grammar? English isn't my first language, that's why my grammar is so bad.
Then I apologise for criticising your grammar, though it makes your comments about Americans just another form of ridiculous racism.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:20 PM   #12
Barfing_Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
What's Gandhi got to do with anything? Teddy Roosevelt couldn't take care of the people inside his country if he didn't care about people who weren't white.
I was basically saying I prefer to have a politician with awful moral who can run a country well than a politician with good moral who cannot run a country. How could you say Teddy doesn't care about people if he's the one who dissolved monopolize among corporates, created FDA, put effort in ensure everyone have health insurance, try to stop children labor, and other things? You want the answer to racist question, he dine with Booker T. Washington at white house and upset the southern big time. So that throw whole racist part out of the window. He could easily say "he's black, I'll not let him in" but he didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
The US has never had a good relationship with the majority of the US. It was either apathy or seething hatred.
During WWI and WWII, US does have a alright relationship with them. But after Israel was created, thing just doesn't go too well. But it would be good if both of them put in some effort to make peace. Wouldn't you agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Yeah, but a couple of Middle Eastern people doesn't represent the political stance of Middle Eastern countries and the political stance of many Middle Eastern countries is that the west can suck a fatwa.
yes you're right about that. Lately some people in Middle Eastern have been trying to push for more moderation government who is willing to work with the west. If this is to happen, we'd need someone who is willing to try work with them as well, not fight them. Because if we fight them then all hard core old Middle East politicians will run out and tell everyone "Look we were right! They refuse to try work with us! Now it's time for us to take the rein again" and everyone will believe them and put them back in power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
I was saying bullshit about the other part. I agree that the Bible Belt is a problem, but Middle Eastern countries are even more militant than the most die-hard Christian Tennessee men.
Yes you're right on that part. I believe if we have the right leader and the Middle East finally get someone who is willing to try to be more moderation and work with the west, this problem can be reduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Then I apologise for criticising your grammar, though it makes your comments about Americans just another form of ridiculous racism.
It's ok. It happen all of the time. you're right, I may be a bit racism in a way. I guess I'm just bitter and fed up with how Americans look at themselves and think things should be run.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:57 PM   #13
Tea and Cake or Death

that really sucks.

moving right along.....
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #14
Wormboy

Does it matter? So Obama won the nomination, big deal. Do you think it will honestly change anything? If the Christian rednecks have their way, McCain will be in charge, and it's another eight years of Bush with a different name. If Obama wins and doesn't get assassinated by the Christian rednecks, then what? Is the 'change' everyone was expecting really going to happen? Nothing is going to change except the plaque on the Oval Office desk and the voice giving us bad news.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #15
Barfing_Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
Does it matter? So Obama won the nomination, big deal. Do you think it will honestly change anything? If the Christian rednecks have their way, McCain will be in charge, and it's another eight years of Bush with a different name. If Obama wins and doesn't get assassinated by the Christian rednecks, then what? Is the 'change' everyone was expecting really going to happen? Nothing is going to change except the plaque on the Oval Office desk and the voice giving us bad news.
What if Obama actually put some effort in help with fixing problem?

Look at Putin... Before he was in office, everyone probably say the same thing. At end of his term, he have one of the highest approval rate in the world and pull Russia out of poverty and fix so many things.

Yeah it may just be a flip of coin but... Hey at least Obama is nothing like Bush or his cock sucker, McCain. So there will be at least SOME change.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #16
Wormboy

True. I was in a very lousy mood when I posted that.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #17
Jaye Jang

Now that we only have two candidates I'm bummed. Before, when we had three, I could crack "Clint Eastwoods" and refer to them as 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, your choice as to which is which'. The Bobbsey Twins won't work. Twin Peeks, either. I suppose I will just have to settle for Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker, your choice.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #18
Catch

Bob Barr, the Congressman not to be confused with an animated elephant, is running on the Libretarian ticket. Ron Paul is going Independent again.

There are still options.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:20 AM   #19
KontanKarite

Third parties wont get a foothold in even one election. A third party has to have the numbers. The US is still polarized. Maybe if a third party took enough votes in some way, they'd be viable options.

Ron Paul? Mmm... if he's anything like a Libertarian, than no thank you. Last time I checked, he was a Libertarian in disguise. If my understanding of Libertarians are correct, then yeah, they give me the damned willies.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:01 AM   #20
emeraldlonewoulf

welcome back, Kontan.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:07 AM   #21
Rammsteinpoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
If my understanding of Libertarians are correct, then yeah, they give me the damned willies.
Are you talking about the Libertarian Party, or the general political ideology of Libertarianism? If you're talking about the LP, than I agree with you whole-heartedly. If you're talking about Libertarianism as an ideology, I would have to say it's hard to make such generalization, as libertarian ideas can greatly differ amongst different people.
Rammsteinpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:40 AM   #22
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsteinpoet
Are you talking about the Libertarian Party, or the general political ideology of Libertarianism? If you're talking about the LP, than I agree with you whole-heartedly. If you're talking about Libertarianism as an ideology, I would have to say it's hard to make such generalization, as libertarian ideas can greatly differ amongst different people.

In the most extreme example I know of about Libertarianism is pretty much social liberal/anarchy with conservative economic/market values.

Other than that, from what I can guess about it, a smart Libertarian strikes me as a Republican who is fairly centrist in thinking or is more or less a Republican with liberal SOCIAL values.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote