Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-14-2008, 04:19 AM   #1
CptSternn

Japanese invent car that runs on water

http://tinyurl.com/55wjg7

TOKYO (Reuters Life!) - Tired of petrol prices rising daily at the pump? A Japanese company has invented an electric-powered, and environmentally friendly, car that it says runs solely on water.

Genepax unveiled the car in the western city of Osaka on Thursday, saying that a liter (2.1 pints) of any kind of water -- rain, river or sea -- was all you needed to get the engine going for about an hour at a speed of 80 km (50 miles).

"The car will continue to run as long as you have a bottle of water to top up from time to time," Genepax CEO Kiyoshi Hirasawa told local broadcaster TV Tokyo.

"It does not require you to build up an infrastructure to recharge your batteries, which is usually the case for most electric cars," he added.

Once the water is poured into the tank at the back of the car, the a generator breaks it down and uses it to create electrical power, TV Tokyo said.

Whether the car makes it into showrooms remains to be seen. Genepax said it had just applied for a patent and is hoping to collaborate with Japanese auto manufacturers in the future.

Most big automakers, meanwhile, are working on fuel-cell cars that run on hydrogen and emit -- not consume -- water.

For years people said this wasn't possible. Even after in 2006 when a home inventor in the US found a way to 'burn' water, the auto makers still scoffed and claimed it was some sort of 'trick'. Now, it looks like again the Japanese took the initiative and will have this on the market before the US automakers.

It also puts to rest the debate that this sort of technology doesn't exist and is merely science fiction.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:58 AM   #2
Raptor

Quote:
Once the water is poured into the tank at the back of the car, the a generator breaks it down and uses it to create electrical power, TV Tokyo said.
As in uses electricity to seperate the water into hydrogen and oxygen, and then burns them to produce heat? Thats not going to get out more energy than you put in. Haven't there been water car scams before that got proven wrong? Or is this doing something else?
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
KontanKarite

Hydrogen is combustible, which I imagine is what is used to power the pistons of the engine.

Well.... we'll wait and see I suppose.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:03 AM   #4
Raptor

And they claim the hydrogen comes from water. Spliting water into hydrogen and oxygen needs energy. Its just like a hydrogen car or an electric car, it might well stop the cars polluting, but you end up using more electricity to seperate hydrogen/charge batteries and the power stations pollute. There is no magic fix.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #5
KontanKarite

No there's not. I think we've established that there's no magic fix, but hey, a water powered car compared to a gas powered car?

I did however, see a car powered by air that was built in South Africa. Pretty impressive.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
Raptor

Yup, at least other types of car have the advantage of reducing smog, assuming you keep the power stations away anyway.

Oh? I haven't heard of those, sounds interesting.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #7
Opteron_Man

If this car works, it will not be sucessfull. It is a wonderfull idea. That is why it will go NOWHERE! It would put out of buisness the huge oil industry. Big oil will fight this like a gorilla over a porkchop against this. Too bad, It would done a huge amount of good for the planet and mankind.

BTW, has anyone heard of Stanley Meyer? Well he invented a device that will split tap water without any electrolyte using a tiny amout of input electricity. I taked to inventer William Lyne and aparently Stan's device was legit and worked exactly like he said. Hell he was poisoned and died because of it.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:38 AM   #8
Opteron_Man

Here's some links and information on how to replicate Stan's marvolous device.
http://www.waterfuelcell.org/phpBB2/download.php?id=339

http://www.waterfuelcell.org/phpBB2/...69fc473516fa4b
Old 06-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #9
Barfing_Rat

UGH! I would love this, but... I'm really afraid that the oil company would buy the idea and lock it away and hide it so no one can ever make it and put them out of business. It have happen so often with automobile industry.
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #10
Tea and Cake or Death

They had cars that ran on water a long time ago. I mean, we are taking ANTIQUE hydrogen cars. Jay Lenno has one.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #11
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
BTW, has anyone heard of Stanley Meyer?
Yes, he was found guilty of fraud by a court after his work was inspected by real scientists. Also it was food poisoning that killed him, it was his "followers" that claimed it must have been the government/oil companies as far as I know.

He came up with a load of shit (in regards to free energy).
Click
Click 2

I doubt the Japanese company is claiming what they have done is producing free energy. It may well be a more efficient and less polluting engine than the usual petrol ones.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #12
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfing_Rat
UGH! I would love this, but... I'm really afraid that the oil company would buy the idea and lock it away and hide it so no one can ever make it and put them out of business. It have happen so often with automobile industry.
They have done that lots of times during the 20th century. They kill it, then yet another inventer invents a new device that does the same thing. Splitting water cheaply.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #13
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Yes, he was found guilty of fraud by a court after his work was inspected by real scientists. Also it was food poisoning that killed him, it was his "followers" that claimed it must have been the government/oil companies as far as I know.

He came up with a load of shit (in regards to free energy).
Click
Click 2

I doubt the Japanese company is claiming what they have done is producing free energy. It may well be a more efficient and less polluting engine than the usual petrol ones.
Stan was found guilty of fraud, but was he really guilty? That is a good way to smear an inventer's reputation. The fuckin machine works EXACTY like he said it did. It has been replicated by backyard inventers and tinkerers if you didn't know it allready.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #14
KontanKarite

Quote:
Stan was found guilty of fraud, but was he really guilty? That is a good way to smear an inventer's reputation. The fuckin machine works EXACTY like he said it did. It has been replicated by backyard inventers and tinkerers if you didn't know it allready.

God damn it, man...

STOP. BUYING. INTO. OTHER. PEOPLE'S. BULLSHIT.

How do you know it works if you haven't done it yourself?

Old 06-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #15
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
God damn it, man...

STOP. BUYING. INTO. OTHER. PEOPLE'S. BULLSHIT.

How do you know it works if you haven't done it yourself?
You have a good point there KontanKarite. I really don't know. I would build it, but I trust that I am not being lied to by people I talk to. Bill assured that it is good. I do not have the necissary skils to fabricate the device. Even if I did, what then? Plug it into a car? I don't have any wheels!
Old 06-15-2008, 01:08 AM   #16
Wormboy

Quote:
You have a good point there KontanKarite. I really don't know. I would build it, but I trust that I am not being lied to by people I talk to. Bill assured that it is good. I do not have the necissary skils to fabricate the device. Even if I did, what then? Plug it into a car? I don't have any wheels!
I would like to sell you a bridge...

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:05 AM   #17
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
I would like to sell you a bridge...
What do you mean by that? Are you talking to me Wormboy?
Old 06-15-2008, 04:37 AM   #18
Mir

I think he means to say that you're very gullible.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:29 AM   #19
Opteron_Man

Okay smartasses; let’s see how clever you really are. Tell me EXACTLY why Stanley Meyers device won't work and why he is a scammer.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:55 AM   #20
Mir

Seeing as you brought him up, why don't YOU tell us how it would work.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:46 AM   #21
UnSeenEvil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf4gOS8aoFk
UnSeenEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #22
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Seeing as you brought him up, why don't YOU tell us how it would work.
I really don't know exactly the mechanics behind Stan's technology. It is beyond me at this moment. I never ever said that I understood it. What I do know is that it has been replicated by someone else. I have talked to a scintist that knows that it works.

I don't think it is productive to say over and over agin that if someone makes a claim about doing or seeing something that is wild, that they must be lying.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #23
Splintered

There was a discussion on this on Slashdot.

It doesn't work just by pouring water in to the tank. IIRC, it has a chemical substance that separates the hydrogen and the oxygen.

Why the Stanley Water Fuel Cell won't work:

- It violates the laws of physics. You can not, in no physically possible way, combust two substances and end up with more energy then you started before hand. There is no physically possible way to do so. The law of conservation of energy specifically prohibits it.

- You can't break even either. The law of thermodynamics specifically prohibit any system from doing work and breaking even by having the same amount of energy. So even if Mr. Stanley could seperate the water molecules, he could not have the same amount of energy as he began with to keep the cycle going.

That's why it won't work. It defies two cornerstone laws of physics, and is basically a perpetual motion machine. There is a reason the courts found him guilty of fraud: it didn't work.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #24
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Okay smartasses; let’s see how clever you really are. Tell me EXACTLY why Stanley Meyers device won't work and why he is a scammer.
Calm down, I hate to do this to you but they are right. You can only get energy from the fusion of hydrogen and oxygen molecules, in the case of water it doesn't work the other way around. I'll use magnets for a metaphor here,which does use a similar process but not the same exact one as it does not involve the creation of a compound but does involve a positive and negative charge like atoms. When magnets pull closer together think of the extra pull you feel as the release of energy, but notice how you need to put in your own physical energy to pull them apart; the magnets comming together are the same as the hydrogen and oxygen atoms comming together. Stanley Meyer's device expects the magnets to separate by themselves and then give off extra energy....... not going to happen.

That reminds me of a way to demonstrate the fission involved in an atomic bomb.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:51 PM   #25
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I messed up on some of the exact wording like instead of atoms I said molecules in the second sentence so be aware that I'm aware of such mistakes.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote