Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #4226
Alan

I wait three fucking hours to be able to return to my goddamn city because America decides they want to be assholes and make us lose and eight of our day patiently waiting to cross the river...

just for a fucking semi to crash into me.

fuck everything

fuck everyone

and fuck you
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:11 AM   #4227
The Divine Ms. M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Ms. M, I am truly sorry to hear that.
Thanks Ben...sorry about the burocracy you're dealing with, I know how bad that sucks...

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here."-from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

"A real friend will stab you in the front."-licence plate frame a friend & I saw
Please read My Blog!
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:09 AM   #4228
Fruitbat

Miss M sorry *hugz*

Ben - WTF? That is completely screwed up.

Alan - hope you weren't injured and the car is salvagable (sp?)

I hate dealing with real estate agents. I hate moving, I hate the entire house/moving/buying/selling crap all together.

I wish I could just point to a house and say "I'll live there thanks" and go to sleep, and the moving faeries would take care of the rest.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:00 AM   #4229
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I wait three fucking hours to be able to return to my goddamn city because America decides they want to be assholes and make us lose and eight of our day patiently waiting to cross the river...

fuck everything

fuck everyone

and fuck you
This sucks big balls. I'm sorry you had to go through all that.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #4230
ape descendant

Ah, its quiet... its raining and quiet. My neurotic cat is around here somewhere... either stalking me or sleeping harmlessly.

I've started a big project around the house.. I have no idea how long its going to take me.. now all I really want to do is get my guitar out and tune it..... play it... take out my keyboard and re learn how to play it.. as its been years and all I remember is the beginning to fur eliese.... bleh

I have two medium sized art pieces started.. but no idea how I want to finish them.. the deadline for one keeps sliding closer one day at a time.

Thats pretty much the tip of it all for right now.. the rest lies beneath the surface where it should stay, never to see the light of day.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #4231
The Divine Ms. M

Thanks Fruitbat

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here."-from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

"A real friend will stab you in the front."-licence plate frame a friend & I saw
Please read My Blog!
Old 08-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #4232
The Divine Ms. M

My guyfriend called this morning telling me it's not that he didn't want to talk, he was just trying to prove a point...wtf?!

Please read My Blog!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #4233
Saya

The communists are in the funhouse, there's three tampons in the house and I'm broke til Friday. Fudge.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #4234
the-nihilist

I find myself utterly baffled when someone doesn't act in the way my irrational cynicism dictates they will.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #4235
Solumina

So you have no idea how to react when someone is genuinely nice and kind? My mother would make your head explode.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #4236
vindicatedxjin

Had a not so great weekend... Oh well.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #4237
Pineapple_Juice

IT'S A KILLER WHALE, retard. It does stuff like that. Stop saying it's a psychotic demon beast who needs to be put down. KILLER WHALEdummy
Old 08-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #4238
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post

Dude, did it total your vehicle? What happened? I assume no one was hurt.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:31 AM   #4239
Noumi

I miss being in love...
=P

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #4240
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Dude, did it total your vehicle? What happened? I assume no one was hurt.
I assume his quote "fuck everything - fuck everyone - and fuck you" means some hurt was done.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #4241
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
IT'S A KILLER WHALE, retard. It does stuff like that. Stop saying it's a psychotic demon beast who needs to be put down. KILLER WHALEdummy
Did another trainer get killed or is this about them eating other whales?
Old 08-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #4242
Ben Lahnger

It's about the last trainer that got killed. OSHA came out with a report that says SEAWORLD was negligent in their safety practices and that THEY (not the Killer Whale) are responsible for the trainer's death. But I'm sure there are news stories about people protesting that the animal should be put down ... idiots.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 08-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #4243
lady_cthulhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Did another trainer get killed or is this about them eating other whales?
I thought I read somewhere that the whale acted out as a result of being forcefully bred with other whales and then kept in isolation; in essence, they tortured him into insanity. It's their own damn fault he attacked that trainer. I'd say put the trainer down, but apparently it's already been done.

EDIT: Ben beat me to it.
lady_cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #4244
Saya

Quote:
It's about the last trainer that got killed. OSHA came out with a report that says SEAWORLD was negligent in their safety practices and that THEY (not the Killer Whale) are responsible for the trainer's death. But I'm sure there are news stories about people protesting that the animal should be put down ... idiots.
Aaaaah. Yeah, see, I don't know why people are surprised. Its not safe, they're animals, and they're extremely intelligent social animals kept in isolation, what do they think is going to happen? Animals just like people go nuts in situations like that.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #4245
Ben Lahnger

But the point is, the animal wasn't driven crazy ... the management at Seaworld does not train their people to use safe practices around a large and admittedly dangerous animal.

The same kind of thing hits the news periodically about people keeping a tiger or an elephant at some zoo or compound when a handler gets killed. A wide variety of people will speculate that the animal went crazy and should be put down, or that these animals should not be held in these facilities. But almost inevitably the fault is due to a mistake made by the handlers ... sometimes in just underestimating the danger of working with such wild and powerful beasts.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 08-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #4246
lady_cthulhu

According to the article I read, he was acting out due to stress and hormones; not necessarily insanity, but definitely related to their methods of treating him. Here's the article I read:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35584261...ience-science/

I trust it about as far as I trust any other article I suppose, but it was the first article I read regarding the incident. I don't disagree that SeaWorld's health and safety practices may have been a factor, but I think the animal's mental state was also a factor.

Edit: I agree that people should not blame the whale; regardless of his mental state. People who work with dangerous animals have to understand the risks, and honestly I doubt the trainer he killed would have wanted him to be harmed, either.
lady_cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #4247
Saya

Quote:
But the point is, the animal wasn't driven crazy ... the management at Seaworld does not train their people to use safe practices around a large and admittedly dangerous animal.

The same kind of thing hits the news periodically about people keeping a tiger or an elephant at some zoo or compound when a handler gets killed. A wide variety of people will speculate that the animal went crazy and should be put down, or that these animals should not be held in these facilities. But almost inevitably the fault is due to a mistake made by the handlers ... sometimes in just underestimating the danger of working with such wild and powerful beasts.
Well yeah I don't mean that the animal in question was clinically insane, I should've said "aggressive", I mentioned in another thread that we've been seeing orcas around here lately as they hunt the minke whale, they're never around here. While we were driving out to the park where we went camping I was listening to CBC radio and they had a marine biologist on the line and callers could call in to ask questions about the whales, and he said in the wild he never heard of a human being killed by an wild orca. According to wikipedia there's been very few attacks at all and none fatal.

I honestly do think though that by having these whales in captivity as they do, in isolation and limited space, would contribute to their aggression and stress, although their own safety measures are not enough in this case either anyway. Its a lot like elephants too, wild elephants live longer than those in captivity, they're just not meant to be put in small spaces behind glass for our entertainment.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:42 AM   #4248
Fruitbat

I hate colds.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:12 AM   #4249
vindicatedxjin

Horrrible horribleee morning.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-25-2010, 07:46 AM   #4250
Ben Lahnger

That article from Feruary was all "speculation" from those experts. Their statements were loaded with "X could have caused the behavior" and "the orca may have been acting out due to Y". I've seen other experts suggest the animal might have started out thinking it was playing with the trainer when it grabbed her ponytail, and then once she was in the water and panicked, the animal changed it's intent. Nobody sems to be able to state with a certainty what the animal was thinking.

There's only guesswork, and that actually serves to point out one thing ... how little we actually know about these animals and why ongoing study of them is so valuable.

Here's the press release from OSHA direct from the Department of Labor website, which is full of much more factual information than what you have been reading.

http://osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp....SES&p_id=18207

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,