Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:41 AM   #351
Cruel Intentions

You should see our school. Everyone's in black trousers/skirts and white shirts with the school ties. Seniors (5th and 6th year) have to wear navy-blue blazers and prefects have to sew on gold (gold, oh my god, chav-bling!) braiding and have badges.
Cruel Intentions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:07 AM   #352
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel Intentions
You should see our school. Everyone's in black trousers/skirts and white shirts with the school ties. Seniors (5th and 6th year) have to wear navy-blue blazers and prefects have to sew on gold (gold, oh my god, chav-bling!) braiding and have badges.
Sounds like a very well-to-do school.

When I was in school we didn't moan about not being able to wear chains and eyeliner. We protested about the girls being forced to wear skirts and petitioned for permission to wear trousers, for equality with the boys, and because we were fricking freezing our pussies off in winter. It worked for a few months then we were forced back to our drafty dresses because trousers "didn't look neat enough" on the girls!

And we didn't even get to wear black at all. Our uniforms were grey skirts/trousers, grey shirts, green pullovers, with green, grey, and red striped ties.

Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.

Kids today don't know how good they have it...
Old 04-20-2006, 07:59 AM   #353
end.of.eternity

Sobeh, I'm sorry my English is bad but try to find a term 'to prink oneself up'
Old 04-20-2006, 08:32 AM   #354
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by end.of.eternity
Sobeh, I'm sorry my English is bad but try to find a term 'to prink oneself up'
No, I was happy to learn a new word! Thanks bunches.

And this guy is a running troll (from Warcraft III). Get it? :P
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:33 AM   #355
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow13666
My school doesn't really care, but my style of dress is a combo of Nu Metal, Punk, and Goth. All those style's of dress are close so everything kind of runs together nicely. The only problem my school has is they don't like the chains on Tripp pants, which is understandable becuase they often get stuck in the desks.

They don't have any make up restrictions or anything of that sort. The rules they do have, are backed up with evidence so I really can't complain.

Yet another post by the authority of 'Dark Fashion', neh?

Just for reference:

Nu Metal ~ http://zax.pl/~karma/fotki/05_11_200..._20_winner.jpg

Punk ~ http://www.fotosearch.com/PHD213/42319/

http://www.fotosearch.com/IDX027/508173/

Goth ~ http://elvispelvis.com/rozzwilliams.jpg

http://thebluehour.free.fr/SP_promo.jpg

http://thebluehour.free.fr/SP_promo2.jpg

They're not all inter-changable.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:43 AM   #356
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Good lord, so many different styles! I need to find a subgenre that I can belong to. I feel so left out..... *melancholy sigh followed by a single tear*
Old 04-20-2006, 09:55 AM   #357
Panic

Well, maybe not "nu-metal", but punk and goth are *definitely* mixable... and to be fair, don't Korn usually dress up more than that? That looks like they're all jet-lagged and high...which, they probably are.
Panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:07 AM   #358
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
Good lord, so many different styles! I need to find a subgenre that I can belong to. I feel so left out..... *melancholy sigh followed by a single tear*
*staples Pinnie's hand to his forehead*
Old 04-20-2006, 10:28 AM   #359
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Gah. That's what I get for being a smartass. Now I just need to figure out how to put my shirt on with one hand fastened to my head.....
Old 04-20-2006, 11:37 AM   #360
Sobeh

Quote:
Gah. That's what I get for being a smartass. Now I just need to figure out how to put my shirt on with one hand fastened to my head.....
To-ga! To-ga!
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #361
Engulfed_in_darkness

My did not ban chains because as I said there are only 4 goths in the school which are me and a my friends and we just wear the chains instead a singing them around like maniacs.
Engulfed_in_darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:58 PM   #362
Engulfed_in_darkness

Say it woman! lol. Personal compasses are now banned and may only use the ones in the class rooms because the minorties who act so immature as people think of them want to play "stab the innocent" and be stupid.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:08 PM   #363
Sobeh

Never mind the fact that a lot of the kids in those school years are masses of hormones and confused social cues.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:09 PM   #364
Engulfed_in_darkness

Yes. The teacher may be boring and lame but she or he is only doing his job, trying to pay his rent money, nd enjoy life like the rest of us and people just cannot seem to understand that.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #365
An Eccentric Cellist

On the topic of the Gothic style in school....What the hell is it with me and rhyming today?

Okay anyway. Today is Hitler's b-day which was the day of Columbine (why the coat thing), wearing any winter coats that are big and thick is forbidden in classrooms, so are floor-length trench coats. There is nothing against makeup. Chains, studs, and safety pins aren't allowed though they don't really enforce safety pins. I think tripps are okay as long as they're cloth.
My English teacher got an email showing a kid pulling out a mini-arsonal out of his clothing in jeans, t shirt and trench, it would be very uncomfortable to do some of the things he'd done,A long barreled gun up your pants leg would be a pain.
A good few of my friends have been asked if they were okay and if they wanted to see the guidance counselor.
Everything else is a good decency code, such as no one wants to see your underclothing.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:13 PM   #366
Corpus_Draconis

We were not allowed to wear outdoor wear in school. They banned spikey studs, too. However, everyone at my school were either major preps, who behaved cuz... well.... yeah, or they were stoners, and didn't care to misbehave. Most of the people who were neither of those were my friends and I, who hung out in the stairwell and had semi-intelligent conversations and did well in our classes. My school was pretty reasonable with the dress code. I even got the vp to write a note to my mom saying that evening gloves were OK in school. Didn't get my gloves back, as was promised, but...
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:14 PM   #367
WolfMoon

Quote:
Well, you're the one that forgot to put your hand to your forhead in the typical tragically goth fashion.

One must never forget the 'Goth Salute' *hand stapled to forehead in truest angst*

P.S. Togas are sexy!
Old 04-21-2006, 06:37 AM   #368
aspendeath

My highschool was pretty lax on goth-type things. As long as it wasn't "indecent" (profanity, exposing too much skin, etc), it was allowed.

They banned baseball caps, though..
aspendeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:36 AM   #369
end.of.eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobeh
And this guy is a running troll (from Warcraft III). Get it? :P
Hell yeah :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
[font=Century Gothic]:
Just for reference:
Wolfie, there was no cyber goth! :'(
Old 04-21-2006, 10:40 AM   #370
Draconysius

Thank GOTH I don't go to public school anymore. I enjoyed the learning experience indefinitely. It was, indeed everything else that angered me. The most annoying part, of course, were the people. Apart from the fact that I struggled with sociability then; unable to even make eye contact, the worst were their disgusting personalities. All the boys were ego-maniacal, homophobic, immature, and plain stoopid. All the girls were basically likewise, sometimes worse.

One of the very first rules in the school's handbook was 'no gothic clothing'. It was literally to the point where we could be questioned if we simply wore black jeans and a shirt. The school system, in my opinion, breaks far too easily and gives in to the bitching of parents far too often.

Sometimes ,though, I wish I could return to school. Since my father's absence from the household, my sociability has vastly increased, and I wish that I could 'replay situations the right way' so-to-speak; enter school with my renewed psyche.

I was originally expelled due to my morbid artwork. I decided then to work towards my GED and reach my approaching future. No longer will I have a vegetable (adj.) existence.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:18 PM   #371
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Well, you're the one that forgot to put your hand to your forhead in the typical tragically goth fashion.

One must never forget the 'Goth Salute' *hand stapled to forehead in truest angst*

P.S. Togas are sexy!
Well, I suppose I could give the toga a shot. I'll have to lift weights for a month or two beforehand, however, to avoid embarassing myself by revealing my weakling's physique.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #372
|BlackOps|Tweeker

go nude ok thanks
|BlackOps|Tweeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #373
Solumina

Quote:
Well, I suppose I could give the toga a shot.
that reminds me, my favorite day of high school was toga day. I had a really pretty blue toga and my hair was all curley. After school I went shopping with a bunch of friend and people at the mall kept giving us strange looks
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:35 AM   #374
Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Eccentric Cellist
Okay anyway. Today is Hitler's b-day which was the day of Columbine (why the coat thing), wearing any winter coats that are big and thick is forbidden in classrooms, so are floor-length trench coats. There is nothing against makeup. Chains, studs, and safety pins aren't allowed though they don't really enforce safety pins. I think tripps are okay as long as they're cloth.
My English teacher got an email showing a kid pulling out a mini-arsonal out of his clothing in jeans, t shirt and trench, it would be very uncomfortable to do some of the things he'd done,A long barreled gun up your pants leg would be a pain.
A good few of my friends have been asked if they were okay and if they wanted to see the guidance counselor.
Everything else is a good decency code, such as no one wants to see your underclothing.
You should show your teacher and principal this article: http://www.slate.com/id/2099203

I really can't believe they're still going on about that...I mean, look how old this article is.

TWO YEARS since this has been published, and schools still think that a kid with a coat on is only wearing it to hide guns...
Panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:54 AM   #375
PainisyourFriend

Guns, knives and other weapons of mass destruction. Yet they have no problem with the Biology class working with pneumonia bacteria. And shop kids get to play with nail guns. (Its supervised, yeah the teacher never looks away for a second.) Ok I can see why they are worried about disturbed individuals, but really they are individuals. Don't stereotype they whole culture.

The rules mandate no nail polish colors other than "natural" and no false nails. However they say nothing about toe nails so I happily were my colors on my feet, with flip flops.
PainisyourFriend is offline   Reply With Quote