Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Opteron_Man

How to be liked and not hated

I am not liked here at gnet, people want me banned. People want me carried away by goblins.

What can I do to be more liked and even accepted? I am tired of being hated all the time.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
MollyMac

Step one: Stop being such a douche-canoe.

There is no step two.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
RozzVanian

Ow...this is just sad.
Do what most people who feel hated do and stay in the shadows, not posting your every thought and opinion. That way, you have less of a chance of stirring something up.
Not that I'm telling you to shut the fuck up, it's just better if you'd let things simmer a bit before you let out a potentially controversial comment.
Who's that walking in the streets?
-Christian Death
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
Duane

Leave for a while, and return when you've improved certain qualities people here don't like.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
KontanKarite

Just leave. I'm confident that the consensus here is that you're not welcome. We're done with being patient with you.

Jesus, you actually made Underwater say, "I can't fucking stand you."

If this were a bar, you would be been bounced and banned a LONG time ago. It's like you're this insufferable and belligerent village idiot.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:50 PM   #6
ZyklonB

I like Opty... he's just gotta learn to filter things a little bit. And a lot of times he says things and they don't come out well, but that's just cause he's so akward I guess xD

Sometimes it happens to me too, but I guess not that bad, but everyone has their quirks. Some things he says do make you kinda smile though don't they?

Stop being so defensive about things sometimes too Opty, you just have to learn to not post a flame back and move on, or something or other.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyklonB View Post
I like Opty...
You're either comatose or lying.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
Opteron_Man

Quote:
I like Opty... he's just gotta learn to filter things a little bit. And a lot of times he says things and they don't come out well, but that's just cause he's so akward I guess xD

Sometimes it happens to me too, but I guess not that bad, but everyone has their quirks. Some things he says do make you kinda smile though don't they?

Stop being so defensive about things sometimes too Opty, you just have to learn to not post a flame back and move on, or something or other.
Thank you Zyklon. You are right, I don't get things out right. I don't mean to be awkward. I am a bit too uptight, I know. I try to be mellow.
I wonder if it is a good idea to back me up. I don't want to see you dragged down in your kind efferts to defend me. However, I am greatful to you.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #9
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
Leave for a while, and return when you've improved certain qualities people here don't like.
There is some good advice here.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #10
Duane

I'd take it, but I'm slow when it comes to being more mature.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #11
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
I'd take it, but I'm slow when it comes to being more mature.
You are ok man, you are light years away from the aggravation level of Opteron. At the moment he needs to turn off the computer for a week and catch up on reading.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #12
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
There is some good advice here.
It IS excellent advice. And Duane IS a good guy.
What do I do, I am all out of hope. I am hated and probaly be gone soon.
Everybody mostly hates me here. I guess I will reap what I sowed.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #13
Duane

That's coming from one of the nicest members on Gnet, if not the nicest. I think what some of the other members think is more accurate.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #14
Saya

Quote:

Ninety percent of my posts are stupid because I don't think before I type, I don't think thats the root of his problem at all. I just don't think he's suited at all for a forum, he acts pretty thick and self centered, and I mean, racism aside, he's been told several times before that she was a troll. That alone deserves a facepalm.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #15
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man View Post
I am a bit too uptight, I know. I try to be mellow.
*cough* Here bro, puff puff then pass that shit on to Zyklon *hack*

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #16
the-nihilist

Just don't get involved in flame wars and don't start flame wars. They're a complete waste of time and the end result is just pissing someone off over the internet.
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #17
KontanKarite

They've told him this shit 100 fucking times. How many god damned times are you people going to repeat yourselves?

Protip: Some people are insufferable pricks. This is a fact. Opteron is an insufferable prick. This is a fact.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #18
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man View Post
It IS excellent advice. And Duane IS a good guy.
What do I do, I am all out of hope. I am hated and probaly be gone soon.
Everybody mostly hates me here. I guess I will reap what I sowed.
It's just teh Internets dude. Somehow I missed the whole process of you getting everyone against you, so I don't know what the problem was. Usually when that happens it involves threats and assorted melodrama from the person in question, so if you did that you're following in a line of distinguished ex-gothic.net members. In that case the answer really is simple: knock it off.

I don't have anything against you, but anyway if things really are this bad it might be best to just distance yourself from them, at least for a time. Remember, it's teh Internets. These things will happen. Take it as evidence that you need to spend some time out figuring out how to approach things differently, and not as proof that you are an evil, evil person. Collapsing into a ball of self revulsion and making desperate posts begging people to like you will make things worse, not better (especially at gothic.net).
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #19
KuroOokami

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite to Optie View Post
If this were a bar, you would be been bounced and banned a LONG time ago. It's like you're this insufferable and belligerent village idiot.
It's not a simile or any other figure of speech. "You're this insufferable and belligerent village idiot." There we go.
KuroOokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #20
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun View Post
It's just teh Internets dude. Somehow I missed the whole process of you getting everyone against you, so I don't know what the problem was. Usually when that happens it involves threats and assorted melodrama from the person in question, so if you did that you're following in a line of distinguished ex-gothic.net members. In that case the answer really is simple: knock it off.

I don't have anything against you, but anyway if things really are this bad it might be best to just distance yourself from them, at least for a time. Remember, it's teh Internets. These things will happen. Take it as evidence that you need to spend some time out figuring out how to approach things differently, and not as proof that you are an evil, evil person. Collapsing into a ball of self revulsion and making desperate posts begging people to like you will make things worse, not better (especially at gothic.net).
Yeah I am going to take a break. Re-invent myself and come back when I am better and more on the level.

I am NOT going to sink down into a ball. I am going to rise up and dust myself off and think twise about my actions.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #21
Duane

Like Uni, after a week, you'll revert back to your original self.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:30 PM   #22
Learing Cordelia

Why do you care so much about what people on here think of you? It only truly matters what you think of yourself. If you can live with yourself and be relatively happy, does it matter if people want you banned or dislike you on one site?
Learing Cordelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #23
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Stop emailing me as well, I told you once and you seemed to understand but I'll tell you again for good measure; I'm not your friend.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #24
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
Stop emailing me as well, I told you once and you seemed to understand but I'll tell you again for good measure; I'm not your friend.
Fine, that's good, I am glad to know this. Truth is, I am not your friend either.
I won't email you anymore. No loss, no problem. Goodbye.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #25
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Like Uni, after a week, you'll revert back to your original self.
I am not Uni. I won't revert to my original self after. Truth is, I don't like my present self. Not one bit. I won't go back becasuse I don't like it.