Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
darkksyde

in the absence of light...

Hey, I'm Sarah. Female. 21ish. Married.
OK let's do this shit...

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I work for "the man". and oh yes, he does keep me down.
Outside of oppression? I like to draw, write, read, paint, make clothes, play with my 2 psychotic rabbits, and
just chill.

2. Where are you from?
Alaska. A couple things. First of all THERE ARE NO FUCKING PENGUINS IN ALASKA!!! Also, I DON"T FUCKING LIVE IN AN IGLOO! Yeah, well FUCK YOU TOO!

3. Who is your favorite author?
I would have to say Robert Asprin. Silly but still awesome!

4. What are your favorite films?
V for vendetta. Lord of the rings. The dark knight.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Well at my wedding I played Evanescence, then some disturbed and a little bit of everything else.

6. At your funeral?
mmmm....I would say about the same.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
One of two ways. If my husband is still alive at the time I wan to die peacefully in his arms. If he is not. I want to go down fighting. Think Jet Li's fight scene at the end of "the one".

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I want to be burned!

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Corset, short skirt, fishnets, and hooker boots.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
I had a fucked up childhood so...really nothing.

11. What's your favorite band?
Disturbed!!!!!

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I graduated highschool. I have little desire to return unless I find something I really want to go for.

13. Why did you join?
I just want to talk to people. I am not looking for a hook-up or an affair so go be a perv somewhere else.
darkksyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:25 AM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Welcome. However you are not the first person I've met from Alaska, I have a dear friend up there, not to mention I watch a lot of documentaries so I am well aware of what the conditions are up there. Do you live in Anchorage?

I can't say I'm particularly fond of your music tastes, and this is after all gothic.net, would you care for an introduction to gothic rock? You must understand while your music choices are perfectly alright, they are by no means goth. Don't worry, confusion on the subject is perfectly normal. You could think of goth as being in the eye of a musical hurricane, it's difficult to get there, but once you do it all becomes quite clear.

I seem to be feeling rather talkative again it seems, I haven't taken up the task of greeting new players in quite a long time.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
darkksyde

No. I have no desire for an introduction to gothic music, but thank you.
I listen to music that I like. That makes/lets me feel something and that has depth and a soul, if you will. I have listened to many goth rock bands and frankly, I dislike a majority of them. But that is just my opinion, you are entitled to your own.

I live in the interior of Alaska. I won't say where do to all the fucked up people I tend to attract.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Well when it comes to gnet you'll find that the people here are quite sane when it comes to the things that matter for the most part, so you wont find any stalker creeps or anything like that, at least among the regulars like myself. We do of course get odd people roaming in and out but what place in the real world and the internet doesn't? As for interior Alaska I doubt even creeps are willing to go that far to stalk someone, but either way I'll leave you to your privacy.

But for the sake of making sure we're all clear on everything, what gothic rock bands have you heard.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome my dear. I have spent a little time in Alaska, although confined to the Anchorage area. I spent 20 days during the longest days of the year and twenty days during the shortest, and I must say it is a beautiful state. The people suck, but the landscape is wonderful. I saw mostly drunken Native Americans sleeping in the parks waiting for their checks, hookers in 30 below on street corners and everyone seemed to drive with a beer between their legs.

But I also saw bighorn sheep the size of cars, whales spouting as they swam up the inlet past icebergs, and saw those same icebergs at night in low tide, stranded in the blue moonlight like the surface of the moon. I will never forget those summer and winter days and nights.

I also got so shitfaced at The Birdhouse (I stapled my business card on the ceiling) that I missed my flight home the next day and had to take a later flight.

I like your answers to number 4 and 5, and I think you may last longer than other newcomers but beware, not everyone is as friendly as Renatus and I. Your real test is yet to come my dear.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #6
darkksyde

thanks for the warning.
It is exactly as you remember it here i guess.
Shit-tastic people and beautiful landscape. I work retail so I just get to see the fucking people all the time.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #7
Murder.Of.Crows

Wow, i feel so sorry for you. I was once in Idaho, the people there are similar sounding, yet they carry the rudeness of good old California and i worked at McDonalds. It was terrible. Drunk fuckbags complaining that they had to pop out there fifth kid and the only good thing about having the kid, was that they got high before doing so. They told me these things! When all i just wanted to hear is, if they wanted there number 5 med. or large!!! But, enough complaining, welcome.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
OnyxBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
Wow, i feel so sorry for you. I was once in Idaho, the people there are similar sounding, yet they carry the rudeness of good old California and i worked at McDonalds. It was terrible. Drunk fuckbags complaining that they had to pop out there fifth kid and the only good thing about having the kid, was that they got high before doing so. They told me these things! When all i just wanted to hear is, if they wanted there number 5 med. or large!!! But, enough complaining, welcome.
Haha, some people think Fast food places are five star resturants were you actually have a choice.