Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 03:08 PM   #2601
spookypurple

Thanks for that. Thought it might.

Hamlet
Old 04-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #2602
A Simple Poet

I didn't know there was an ignore button.

Well so far I hope I've not pissed anyone off, and I can say that it is hard to piss me off so I don't think I need the ignore button. For me, confrontation, if done chivalrously, can be quite amusing.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:46 PM   #2603
spookypurple

You sweetie!

Hamlet
Old 04-13-2006, 06:06 PM   #2604
roserougesang

Talking

This thread is getting so long we'll probably start needing another rant thread....:P
Old 04-13-2006, 06:13 PM   #2605
Empty_Purple_Stars

Bite your tongue..

I started this one a few years ago, and this baby still has many miles left in her.

Old 04-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #2606
Velvet Rain Drops

I'm so mad, my boy friend, James is all in to this other girl, and this other girl is one of my friends. I saw him kissing her after school. I was meeting him in the park and on my way I saw them. I met up with another one of my friends, she told me its been going on for a week or so. I don't really know what to do because I love him so much and it will kill me to break up with him. They don't know I know.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #2607
Corpus_Draconis

K... I have a rant about conformity... no idea where it's gonna go, so look out...

I hate that there's so much pressure to be "normal." Any place that will hire anyone for a summer job wants happy people. Yeah, well what if I'm not fucking happy? What if I'm not fucking sociable? The world needs melancholic people. What's up with making them all discouraged and hopeless, like no one cares? I guess that any corporation wouldn't care. They're bound, by law, to care about the shareholder's short-term (not long-term, fucking short-term) above all else, including the happiness of employees, the ability for the employees to live (aka 3rd world exploition). Why do people get fired instead of sent to a psychologist/psychiatrist if their boss/coworkers notice they're acting depressed or crazy? Think that'll solve anything? Where'd the humanity go? Didn't corporations care? At some point? Any point? For the smallest, tiniest bit?

And why must the media be all sensationalistic and stereotype goths as being violent, satanic, vampiric, suicidal, masochistic, sadistic, etc. and make it nigh-impossible to find a fucking job without hiding our true selves? Why can't they actually do some research, maybe go to a place like this and actually talk to the people? See how repulsed they are at the homocides and wars and suicides? It makes me angry.
Why does everyone have to buy shitty, overpriced clothes from American Eagle or some similar company? Why must everyone want to talk to other people 24/7? Why must people have 8 billion not-so-close friends, instead of a few really good ones who will be there for you when you need them? Why must everyone go into science of some sort, or teaching? Why must everyone be normal?
Doesn't intelligent, thoughtful, balanced, creative, and well-read cut it anymore?

*produces a giant sigh and sags into a slouch* Fuck it, I'm done.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:52 PM   #2608
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Rain Drops
I'm so mad, my boy friend, James is all in to this other girl, and this other girl is one of my friends. I saw him kissing her after school. I was meeting him in the park and on my way I saw them. I met up with another one of my friends, she told me its been going on for a week or so. I don't really know what to do because I love him so much and it will kill me to break up with him. They don't know I know.
I really don't know what to say sweetie. I guess whether or not you should stick with him is actually up to both of you. You should confront him about it. And if he wants to go, just let him.

There will be others in the future that will make him seem like catfood compared to filet mignon.

Corpus, we all have to conform to some degree. The key is looking for a job in a place you feel comfortable in. Do you like book? Apply for a job in a bookstore. I've noticed that in my area(Houston) people that work in places like Half Price Books can get away with looking a little more unconventional. A little.

You're so into art, why don't you apply at an art supply store or a hobby/craft/sewing store?

The possibilities are out there, babe. You just need to find them and tackle them to the ground.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:05 PM   #2609
TwistedKitsune

E_P_S and spookypurple: love you dolls. You're right on the nose with your assumption that they are migraines. I already know that actually, the part that's bothering me is the fact that I've been wavering between premigraine headacheness and full blown migraines for about 3 weeks now. They generally never last that long. My idiot doctor is apposed to medicating based on how young I am. I've been having migraines since I was 12. So I'm going on 6 years of over the counter remedies and my dad's migraine meds when he feels sorry for me. As for the puking thing...definitely just did that; it inspired my last post in the .:Randomness:. thread.

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
Old 04-13-2006, 11:41 PM   #2610
Sanctus Dei

Okay not to change the subject (because I worry about the Kitsy)
but I have a little rant.

To all the disrespectful sexually perverse assholes out there:

I'm fucking sick of the sorry lonely geek ass vulgar mother fuckers who can't keep their hands to themselves and their shriveled hairy fallow balls under some respectable control. Seriously, if a girl has an interest in you she'll show it.. otherwise make no assumptions.. no advances, show some fucking respect junior. So many need a serious ass lashing with a rusty nail baring 2 x 4 something proper... preferably to the skull. Grow up and realize you're creepy and gross and not a single respectable female will ever want to be within a hundred feet of your sexually deficient stench. I personally hate you.. you and every one of your female degrading kind. Fucking rot in hell scum, and lessen the plague you reek on society.

[/rant]
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:00 AM   #2611
ExistentialDisorder

i need to bitch and vent, and this is the only place i have to do it, since the people here are the only real people i have to talk to, even tho i still don't think i'm liked very much...

i've been in pain since sunday. somehow i completely fucked up some part of my shoulder. i guess it's getting better now since i can move it without wincing finally. hasn't been so bad today. but i think that's due to an o.d. of alieve. i couldn't sleep last night because it didn't matter how i moved it hurt like hell just lying still. even breathing hurt, and my arm has had that achy numb/tingly feeling from the shoulder down to the elbow all week. so i had to sit upright in the living room. luckily i have a fairly comfy reclining couch i just bought in november and plenty of episodes of csi recorded. matt tried massaging it a few times. he's trained in sports medicine and his job was massaging and treating highschool and college sports injuries before he moved out here with me. but he mashed so hard that now those spots are bruised. (i told him to but i didn't think it'd bruise). he thinks i've torn something or severely stretched a tendon. and the great news is that, according to him, tears don't ever really heal. lovely.

and if the physical pain isn't bad enough, i finally got some truth out of him as far as the infidelity issue. 3 times, in two years, he's cheated. but it's funny, because he almost volunteered this info to me. and a lot of talking. it's not that i didn't suspect it. i have for a long time. he said that he'd hoped i'd done the same, so it wouldn't make him feel so bad. but nope. he went on to add that he can't promise he won't do it again.

why am i not pissed? is it because i already knew? even though it's taken him til now to admit it, i've known for months. why didn't he tell me back in february when i kicked him out? when i was so pissed i couldn't even look at him without wanting to break something. or when we talked and i let him come back? i still knew he'd been fucking around then and practically begged him to just tell me the truth, cause it couldn't possibly be worse than what i'd been imagining. it all came out towards the end of last week when he didn't get a promotion he'd been hoping for. now he doesn't know if he should stay here. i told him i love him. because i do. i don't know why, but i do. first time in two years that i told him. he's never said it to me though. i don't expect him to. i want him to stay, and i'm not even sure of the reasons behind that. maybe it's that fear of being alone that has always had an all-consuming control over me. but i told him that if i'm not the main reason he's staying then i don't want him here. he didn't take too kindly to that.

i feel like an ass tho. i feel like i drove him to it for being so fucking stubborn and unresponsive, especially in that first year. i spent so much time ignoring him without really deliberately ignoring him. i was so wrapped up in thoughts of my ex and then when i did pay attention to matt all i could see was the things that irritated me about him and the things we didn't/don't have in common. now i want to change it but he's gone cold. our roles have reversed somehow. i'm the one that wants to try and he doesn't know if he cares what happens anymore. and i just keep thinking about that first month and remembering the things that got me interested to begin with, and i miss that. he takes things so personally. i say things without really explaining them, to try and get him to think, but he never gets the message. he just thinks i'm trying to hurt his feelings. earlier tonight i said he was going to die young. he took it offensively and still didn't get what i meant. maybe i shouldn't have said it. i sort of feel bad for it, but he needs to hear it. I just wish he'd understand. I wish this wasn't so fucked up.

I guess i'll shut up now. thanks for listening.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
Old 04-14-2006, 06:10 AM   #2612
A Simple Poet

Corpus wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, well what if I'm not fucking happy? What if I'm not fucking sociable? The world needs melancholic people.
We reach.

Actually, Wolfmoon is right. A bookstore is about the only place where you can get by with being disturbed and the customers will admire you for it as dark and mysterious. That or a bus station populated with bums and trolls. Guess where I work, eh???

NO, I DON'T DRIVE THE BUS!!!! I'M CURRENTLY THE TICKET GUY!!!!

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:51 AM   #2613
spookypurple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
... So many need a serious ass lashing with a rusty nail baring 2 x 4 something proper... preferably to the skull.
[/rant]

Why waste such a thing of rusty beauty on skulls? I'd aim somewhere else... And it would be doing the whole of womankind a service. Preventative action at its best! Now that's what you call a win-win situation!

Hamlet
Old 04-14-2006, 08:14 AM   #2614
spookypurple

To TwistedKitsune - hope you're feeling better soon, honey. Those blighters can seem to go on forever. Will you be okay with the choccy this weekend? Happy Easter, either way.

[big hug]

Hamlet
Old 04-14-2006, 10:12 PM   #2615
TwistedKitsune

Thanks spooky babe, my head is a lot better today, hopefully I'll actually end up with choccy this weekend. *hopehopes*

Old 04-15-2006, 03:41 AM   #2616
spookypurple

*keeps fingers crossed*

Hamlet
Old 04-15-2006, 04:06 AM   #2617
TwistedKitsune

even if I don't, I picked myself up a few orange and raspberry buttercremes at See's today...totally can't resist those buggers. They cost so much though; it's evil!

Old 04-15-2006, 04:31 AM   #2618
spookypurple

Hm! Sounds interesting! What are they?

Hamlet
Old 04-15-2006, 05:49 AM   #2619
Ben Lahnger

Xng and Wolfie, that new tiny, tiny font you are using may be pretty, but it is hard on my eyes. Yes, I know I probably need glasses, and now that I'm covered by an eye care plan and have a paycheck coming in from my new job, that is on the checklist of things to get done.

But in the meantime, can you make the font size 2 instead of 1? I really do want to read every word of what you post, and it is just so hard squinting at that tiny print. Plus, it can't be good for people with headaches to read, either.

Thanks for listing to my little rant.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 04-15-2006, 07:36 AM   #2620
Oubliette

awwww Splinter. *huggles*

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Old 04-15-2006, 08:30 AM   #2621
TwistedKitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypurple
Hm! Sounds interesting! What are they?
chocolates with creamy raspberry filling and creamy orange filly, it's yummy stuff

As for Ben's comments about the purty little font Xng and Wolfie are using. I adore it, but it is a bit hard on the eyes, and my head

Old 04-15-2006, 11:06 AM   #2622
Empty_Purple_Stars

I'm glad its not just me.

It is a beautiful font, but its teensy tiny.

If you two could bump it up a size or two for us old folks, that'd be great.

Now where is my Cane?
Old 04-15-2006, 01:54 PM   #2623
spookypurple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
I'm glad its not just me.

It is a beautiful font, but its teensy tiny.

If you two could bump it up a size or two for us old folks, that'd be great.

Now where is my Cane?
I think you left it next to my walking frame.

And while I'm at it - yay for creamy raspberry and creamy orange!

*licks lips*

*And falls over*

Dang! Where's my frame?

Hamlet
Old 04-15-2006, 03:23 PM   #2624
Cambodian Breakfast

Well fuck where do I begin.

First off what the fuck is wrong with the kids today. Nobody shows interest in the important things today. No the whine about how their parent's are so mean. Do what i did. Piss them ofeven more. Hit the books and punk them. Fuck them up on their own gound. If they have a problem with your hair. Study psychology and point out their insecerties. That is fun. Next. Teachers. Don't give them and inch. I loved school. It gave me a chance the fuck with people. As you can see I am not the brightest, but that dosen't mean shit in high school. Most teachers only know what is on the text books. Go past the school books and you really can fuck them up.

Next EMO. What the fuck. I like some EMO song I will admit. But Fuck dude get out of girls pants and give you balls a break. It is like really sad cowboys that probley have never had a girfriend that they sing about.

Next Goverment. If the thing that are happing now happened in the seventies do you think that most people whould sit in front of their t.v. and watch silentley. No they would march and have roits in the street. That would be hot. O'well what can you do.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:14 PM   #2625
Gnossos

This is more of a lament than a rant, but anyway:

This morning I was awakened in the usual manner by the Wonder Kitty; he starts off by walking on my head, and if that has no effect, he rubs his gums on my face in a very obnoxious and spitty way. Today, however, as I was getting up to feed the beasts, I saw that Randy was sporting the biggest damn hematoma I've ever seen in his one remaining ear.

Seriously. This thing is only slightly smaller than a Ping-Pong ball. His poor ear looks like a potsticker. And it wasn't there last night.

So I hauled him and my sorry quasi-hungover ass to the vet clinic, whilst chewing on five or six pieces of Dentyne in the hope of masking the leftover wine fumes that were undoubtably emanating from my person. Whatever. I had planned on a lovely late lie-in. I had no idea that I would have to be a responsible adult at eight in the morning.

He is scheduled for surgery on Tuesday morning. I have a great deal of respect for, and trust in my veterinarian (she's a straight-shooting, ex-Army type), but when she casually mentioned that "At least he'll have a matching set of ears now", I got kind of upset.

"There's no way to save the ear, then?" I asked.

"I'll do my best to quilt it back together, but it's pretty blown out," she told me. "It's likely to crumple."

Damnit. Poor old Randy Pants.

On the way home, just to ice the cake, he crapped in his carrier, and sat in it. So on top of everything else, I had to bathe him. Neither of us enjoyed this.

I'm worried. Randy is FIV positive, so the usual risks of anesthesia are multiplied. Also, I feel guilty; he might have an ear infection that I didn't notice. I pay a lot of attention to my cats (including regular nail clipping and ear cleaning), so the idea that I might've missed something really bothers me.

At least we now have an answer to the question, "Honey, what should we do with the tax return money?"
Closed Thread