Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #151
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
It wasn't the phrase "call them out" that I had a problem with.

Did you intentionally misconstrue what I said about anger. Or are you actually advocating for road rage, domestic violence and fist/knife/gun fights in the streets? Because you used the word tact. Varying your level of tact =/= anger.

Look, I confront people when I think they're out of order, and will even do so with some emotional emphasis for the sake of reception if necessary. But anger never has anything to do with it.
Dude. Read what I said. You can't possibly hope to understand me if you skim over the bulk of my explanation.

I didn't say anything about anger or violence. I said I will confront someone as appropriate. Not once did I say I would pick a fight. I even elaborated on that at the end.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #152
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
Would the members of the delegation of dudes prefer to see women in tight fitting, thigh skimming, cleveage about to burst style clothes, even if it looks wrong and all kinds of hideous OR clothes that flatter and subtly enhance a womans figure? What is the view on this? To skank or not to skank, that is the question.
I can't say enough about the latter. Too many women don't realize that they just can't pull off looking good in certain clothing.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #153
MissCheyenne

Versus, you should SEE the women of the town I live in. A Saturday night is like watching pigs walking around on two legs after smearing themselves in make up and deciding that a waistcoat/tube top and a skirt that would barely cover a six year old girl looks good. And that is just the fat middle aged women.The fat chicks (I'm not talking plump, or a bit chubby, I'm talking morbidly obese) I've seen them in skin tight lycra that would put a cyclist to shame for how baggy his is.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #154
Versus

Quote:
Versus, you should SEE the women of the town I live in. A Saturday night is like watching pigs walking around on two legs after smearing themselves in make up and deciding that a waistcoat/tube top and a skirt that would barely cover a six year old girl looks good. And that is just the fat middle aged women.The fat chicks (I'm not talking plump, or a bit chubby, I'm talking morbidly obese) I've seen them in skin tight lycra that would put a cyclist to shame for how baggy his is.
I am... acutely familiar with the type. But don't misunderstand: I don't think the standard for how women dress should be decided or influenced by men. That's just my opinion on what looks attractive and what doesn't.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #155
MissCheyenne

I wasn't asking for the DoD to decide a standard, just their opinion on what actually looks better to them. I was just curious as to which men actually find more appealing out of the two.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #156
Versus

Oh. I'll troll you in a little bit, then. I just cut my hair and I need to take a shower.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #157
Fruitbat

Quote:
*giggle at the description*

I'm so with you MissC.. I'm sorry but I hate it when big girls squeeze into small clothes, and skank dressing should only be in the bedroom.

Yeah I'm interested in finding the answer to this age old question too.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #158
Saya

Men watch women, women watch men watching women.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #159
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Men watch women, women watch men watching women.
I know men have a lot of perv time watching women, and they stockpile the images for later on, but.... Oh it's so confusing.. my head hurts...

Old 03-24-2011, 07:03 PM   #160
ape descendant

Hmm, there are ways to skank a little... but it should be done with flair and panache if it is done at all IMO.

I don't mind fat chicks in super tight stuff so much... I'm gettin' old, some one's gotta make me look good.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #161
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
I know men have a lot of perv time watching women, and they stockpile the images for later on, but.... Oh it's so confusing.. my head hurts...
I meant that in the way of fashion and behavior >.> Although raunch culture applies too.

Don't google my last post.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #162
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Hmm, there are ways to skank a little... but it should be done with flair and panache if it is done at all IMO.

I don't mind fat chicks in super tight stuff so much... I'm gettin' old, some one's gotta make me look good.
LOL! I have no panache or flair, so I can't skank anything!

I think there is a time and aplace for all sorts of clothing but I'm the kinda girl who thinks that it's more sexy to wear clothes that keep a guy guessing what's underneath them, than to show it all off before they buy the complete package.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #163
Saya

Quote:
LOL! I have no panache or flair, so I can't skank anything!

I think there is a time and aplace for all sorts of clothing but I'm the kinda girl who thinks that it's more sexy to wear clothes that keep a guy guessing what's underneath them, than to show it all off before they buy the complete package.
Are we talking about prostitutes? :P

Regardless, it doesn't go without saying that people dress provocatively just for men.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #164
Murder.Of.Crows

...I don't know what it is yet, but something greatly offended me. Just not sure what. Anyways, I don't really find intrigue in watching women, nor do I stockpile images. I think that's what it was, the stereotyping of men as pigs. Granted, a good number are, but to classify all men as perverted swine, just doesn't sit right with me.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #165
ape descendant

I dress provocatively for women. I don't think I ever get it right though. :'(

Be Kind
Old 03-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #166
Versus

Pictures, plz.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #167
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
...I don't know what it is yet, but something greatly offended me. Just not sure what. Anyways, I don't really find intrigue in watching women, nor do I stockpile images. I think that's what it was, the stereotyping of men as pigs. Granted, a good number are, but to classify all men as perverted swine, just doesn't sit right with me.
Don't be shy to call out sexism when you see it.

Just to clarify, "men watch women"= media is created for the male gaze, regardless of individual taste, and "women watch men watching women"= women internalize the male gaze and adapt to it. Seen by dressing a certain way "because men like it", or in this uncomfortable case, male reassurance is sought that there isn't really an attraction (although I know that isn't exaclty MC's intention).
Old 03-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #168
Versus

It's nice being a guy.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #169
Saya

You can time travel to any point in history! If you're white, at least.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #170
Versus

Not really, no.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:59 AM   #171
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
See I don't think men are perverted swine. I think that men admire women as much as women admire men.

So Murder, you are in a room filled with women who are dressed differently from not a lot to say business woman in a tailored suit - which one catchs your attention and why?

(I think that's what MissC was getting at in her question.)

Oh and for the record I find men and women in nice suits and uniforms always catch my attention first, then guys in nice tees and jeans.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:04 AM   #172
Apathy's_Child

I hung back for a moment to open the door for an old guy yesterday. His response? "Boy, do I look like some chicken?"

Based on this hostile - and, I'm not gonna lie, baffling - response, I'm calling on the Delegation to pronounce him a cryptic and outmoded relic of a simpler time... when you let the door swing back and hit anything you didn't want to stick your dick in in the mo'fucking FACE.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:58 AM   #173
ape descendant

I second this motion to pronounce that guy either a cryptic and outmoded relic of a simpler time... when you let the door swing back and hit anything you didn't want to stick your dick in in the mo'fucking FACE; or an ungrateful crotchety geezer who is so old and crotchety, he's forgotten how to just say thank you.

Be Kind
Old 03-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #174
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Dude. Read what I said. You can't possibly hope to understand me if you skim over the bulk of my explanation.

I didn't say anything about anger or violence. I said I will confront someone as appropriate. Not once did I say I would pick a fight. I even elaborated on that at the end.
Yeah. You skimmed over what I SAID PREVIOUS TO THAT. You initially used the word ANGER. I commented ON THAT SPECIFICALLY. You came back with a non sequitur. You can't possibly hope to converse with me if you respond to something other than what I said.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #175
Ben Lahnger

Actually, let me elaborate so you don't contradict yourself further.

Post #106 - Exerpted quote:

Quote:
3. Quick to apologize, quick to anger
Post #112 - Exerpted quote:

Quote:
Honestly, anger has nothing to do with being manly. In fact, it's a crutch and a poor substitute for real strength.
Post #118 - Exerpted quote:

Quote:
Anger is a man's default and only emotion.
Post #131 - Exerpted quote:

Quote:
Versus - i agree about calling people out, but anger is not the way to do it.
Quote:
I pointed that out earlier, but I think he's just posting his own iteration of "caveman law/man law" for yuks.
Post #132 - FULL quote:

Quote:
Actually, I said it seriously. I will elaborate.

If someone is being disrespectful, they need to be confronted about it. The level of tact that you employ to do so is important, however.

If a guy cuts me in line, for example, I will tell him. Yeah, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and won't be a jerk about it, but if he tells me to fuck off, I will raise my voice and let everyone around me know exactly what is going on. If he wants to argue it, he's going to look dumb in public. I think that's appropriate for the context of the situation. Of course I wouldn't react at all like that to a girlfriend or family member, but this isn't really meant for that setting so I'm not really worried about explaining that far.

Basically, standing up for yourself and other people is classy, but looking for a fight is obnoxious. There is a distinct different between the two, so please don't misunderstand when I say "Call them out."

I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but being polite only goes so far, and it goes strait out the window when violence of action (read: shock of the situation) is necessary.
And that is the first post where you still were suggesting that violence of action (although you shaded it with that "shock" modifier) was a legitimate tactic ... it was also the first post where you didn't use the word anger whilst still backing up the same position.

From that point forward, you've been skimming my replies and posting non-responsive responses.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote