Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
ZyklonB

To destroy, or not to destory?

Well, a while ago, in early November my ex best friend cut off all ties with me. She was my best friend to that day, and all of a sudden that day, she decided to ignore me, and be indifferent. I was depressed for a time after that, it's not until recently after a conversation i had with her made me realize it wasn't worth it. In that conversation, I recalled all the good times I had with her, and all the memories I had. What she told me was, "All those things. Only you cherish. I don't even know who you are anymore. Much less remember that."

After that, I decided to try and move on. And I have a lot since then. It's funny, because the day before I had that talk with her was the last day of school before winter break. And I broke down twice that day because I would remember everything me and her did that same day last year. This year, i got no gifts, nothing, but I was still glad I had my other friends with me to cheer me up.

Now, to the original point of this thread. Should I get rid of everything I had of her? I have so many pictures, notes, drawings that she gave me. And I feel like I want to get rid of them so badly but I can't. They are memories, you know. But why let someone who treats you so badly now be a part of my memories? ARG
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #2
AngelikDemonik

I would keep it. I've gotten rid of things from people before, and really regretted it later on.
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
ZyklonB

Maybe... I spent a better part of 3 years of my short life with her... I'll wait a bit before getting rid of everything and think about it more I guess.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
Drake Dun

My advice is to get them out of the way, but not destroy them. Pack them in a box and shove it in an attic or something.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

Destroy

her!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #6
korinna5555

Put them in a box, put it in a safe place.
I went though something similar with a close friend of mine.. I wanted to burn his things, but now.. I am glad I saved them. We made up, and the first thing I did to get over being mad at him was to pull out the box of stuff.

Jilli, I KNEW you would say that..
Old 12-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
ZyklonB

Lol...yeah.. I like your idea Jill... kidding! The box thing seems nice. Thanks for the idea =]
Old 12-30-2007, 05:40 AM   #8
Apathy's_Child

I'd do as Drake Dun suggested and put them away. If you can't bring yourself to throw them out then you're not ready to let them go. Put them away and move on. When you're over it, you can decide if you want to throw them out or keep them to remember the good times.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:10 AM   #9
Edward Strange

I agree, put them away. I've recently come out of relationship and find myself in a similar dilemma. If we ever make up or not I really don't know. I do want to get rid of them, but I have this feeling at the back of my mind I will regret it later on.
When I get back to university, I'm going to put them in a box and give them to a friend to hold onto indefinitely. Something to consider perhaps?

Breathing heard just below the floorboards.
The sense of something terrible rousing itself from
from its torpor.
Edward Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:51 AM   #10
le_revenant

Put 'em away.
If she meant as much as you say, you'd regret it later if you trashed 'em.
le_revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:07 AM   #11
dark_dragon_of_ice

I had a best friend that I had since I was 2 to 14 and because he moved I haven't seen him again.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:12 AM   #12
Valerius

I'd put them away for use later as sacrifices to Satan.

Blooood!!!

Just kidding.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #13
AngelikDemonik

Exterminate, annihilate, destroy.
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #14
KontanKarite

Hurt//Maim//Kill

Acknowledge//Submit

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #15
Breathless Horror

Seeing as how I'm not sure what all this maiming buisness is about, I'll just throw my vote in with the "keep it" people. If you destroy them, you'll probably regret it.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:43 AM   #16
ApothoKeri

Eh, do what you feel like. I would destroy, in a heartbeat, it's only paper and such afterall so how much can you really regret - post-it note turned to ash? If it's a bad thing (and this appears to be painful to you) then sometimes it is better to just move on and make a clean start if it can not be worked out. You really can only move forward and try to make the future better. Dwelling on the painful parts of the past really don't do much but either make you miserable or make you realize that you never, EVER want to do specific things again. The person and the impact on your life is the important part not the little scrapbook pieces. If you are asking you seem unsure though so maybe you just should not do anything right now but put them away like others said and you can think about it later if you need to...and if you don't need to, they can just stay where they are for eternity.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:11 AM   #17
Dancing_in_rain

Do not destroy too viciously...keep something for the sake of Auld Lang Syne. Destruction hurts the soul/

Yawn. This is rather tedious, is it not?

www.chansondeplume.blogspot.com
^Mon blog d'ecriture en francais. Veuillez lire et commenter!
Translation: My writing blog in french. Feel free to read and comment.

Dancing_in_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #18
Dark Clarissa

Destroy them...why would you want to be reminded of how she hurt you in future? If she was horrible enough to make you feel this way then the good times are not worth remembering IMHO. Oh and I'm speaking from experience and I don't regret destroying the stuff, if I'd have kept it I would have brooded on the whole episode a lot more than I did. This way I was able to put it all behind me. :-)
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #19
amai:angusu

Pack them all in a box and store it in somewhere like the attic or basement. Wait for a few years, if you guy aren't friends again and you finally don't feel attached to it then destroy it for good.
amai:angusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #20
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by amai:angusu
Pack them all in a box and store it in somewhere like the attic or basement. Wait for a few years, if you guy aren't friends again and you finally don't feel attached to it then destroy it for good.
Hey, you're off to a really good start here, and I'm really enjoying your handle.
Do yourself a favor, and make an intro thread, or the hounds will be upon you.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote