Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-26-2005, 06:19 PM   #476
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
you can call me a stupid head and a big meanie - i'll just make the shots hurt.

a lot.
Whaaaaaaaa!!! *runs and hides* I wouldn't call a nurse that unless they really were a big meanie head (it takes a lot to be one), and I'd definitely never call you that.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:24 PM   #477
ice

I woke up at god knows what before dawn, went to bed... what felt like ten minutes later my cat hopped onto the bed and just would not leave me alone, so I gently persuaded him with my foot to get off :roll:

Woke up again at 6:50, exerienced self-worth issues.

7:10 I get out of the shower, experiencing self-doubt.

7:45 got to school after eating a bowl of Cap'n Crunch and drinking a cup of tea. Experienced self-detestation.

12:15 had lunch after a series of self-mistrusting experiences.

3:45 got home after another series of self-rage.

7:05 woke up from a nap. Experienced self-worth issues.

7:10 got Al's avatar to work after a short bit of self-grogginess

Approximately at 7:24 posted this after a short period of self-doubt.

Ahh... what a wonderfully fulfilling day..

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:15 AM   #478
winged_dreams

I went to the circus. 'nuff said.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:51 PM   #479
Rapture

I was taken to lunch, received flowers and got to leave work early!
Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:25 PM   #480
Indigo

Today I registered on Gothic.net woohoo.... I'm a mom of 2 (scary, huh?) so I changed some diapers made some ez mac, finished a short story I've been writing and otherwise sat on my ass in front of the computer all damn day. Best day ever......
Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:31 AM   #481
MrMaelstrom

Ez Mac?

Is that anything like your cheese whizz?

I'm not kidding here, I really don't know!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 09:00 AM   #482
TeapotScar

To answer you question, Mael, *Easy* Mac (as it is actually spelled, to my knowledge) is like the fastest way to make Mac & Cheese ever invented. It takes three minutes- Step one- heat the package of pasta in the microwave. Step two- Add cheese powder. Step 3- I don't really know... I think you're supposed to eat it, but it's super gross. There's definitely no *cheese* in it, you know?

But today... I got 1 and a half hours of sleep! Count 'em- it's fun and easy for the kids- ONE... A HALF... That's it! Woooooooo I get loopy when I get no sleep.

But I *LOVE* you guys! I went to this website where you post your picture, it gets rated and people can 'Match' you, and when they 'Match' you, you can either accept their 'Match', and that's basically saying you think they're cute and would be interested in dating them, or decline their match. People have IM'd me from this site, and I'd just like to say most of them are fucking weirdo's, and there's one that I'm pretty sure is a fucking weirdo, but not yet.

So that's my life.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:18 PM   #483
Jane13

Easy Mac is the kind of food I wanted my mom to buy fro me when I was a kid, but she refused. Darn her and her cooking skills. Tea- a lack of sleep is a big meanie head >.<
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 04-29-2005, 03:08 AM   #484
pitseleh

All this talk of Easy Mac made me want to make my own, 'cause I like to cook. So I boiled some macaroni, added tomato purè, spices, red onions, green olives, jalapeño peppers and cheese. Damn, it was hot! But oh so tasty. Don't know why you'd wanna eat that icky prefab stuff with fake cheese.

Other than that... What I've done lately - I've finished the poster I've been working on, got it to the printers and all, so that's all done now. Finally I can draw whatever I want again! Other than that, I've been hanging out with my platonic female friend, going to concerts and just chilling... Been a good week. And I'm probably gonna do my taxes online later today, which is a fairly straightforward process really. Then I have no plans, as usual.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:43 AM   #485
drgnlvr

I have just been finding new and interesting ways to procrastinate on my novel. :oops:
Old 04-29-2005, 07:00 AM   #486
drgnlvr

:shock: I'd think you'd be buzzing too much to get fat.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:39 PM   #487
Binkie

Woke up... had advil and chocolate milk for breakfast, called a guy to confirm a meeting for next week, and agreed to go shoot someone's AK next time they go to the shooting range.

It's time for sleep again.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:58 PM   #488
AlKilyu

Got up at usual time (6:30) had a doctor's appointment but damn if I don't get to sleep in!

Got to appointment, got poked and prodded, then the doctor saw me
*ba dun dun*
On Wednesday they were talking surgery today (after they got the MRI results from my primary doctor they wanted me in ASAP, even bumping a few patients today to get me in) but I told them to give me a week. Monday I get to have some kind of radioactive dye injected back there so they can see just where to cut and whatnot. By hospital rules I am supposed to have someone drive me home after that, and EPS wants to, but I think I'll take a cab.

Then I went and got my pain meds (now with 0 tylenol!) and took two of em when I got home.

I will be glad when this is all over. I will be home from work at least two weeks after the operation, ugh.

Hope Manimal offers to let EPS give me sponge baths during that time. :twisted:
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:43 PM   #489
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Looks like Jane13 won't be the only one going under the knife this summer regarding the spinal cord area.

Maybe we can arrange it to be on the same floor so we can call all the nurses "stupid heads"?
Oh, no! Not you as well?! That's dumb... funny people shouldn't have to have surgery. As long as Edible_Eye isn't there, we can call the nurses stupid heads... and big meanies if we feel so inclined ^.^
The nurses in the maternity ward were really nice and kept giving me pain meds every couple of hours.Wolfie was very happy!'Course it helps to be at a hospital that has a very attentive staff.

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:18 PM   #490
Jane13

Poor Al :cry: That's worse than I have it. I go home in five days after, but it's a six onth process. I hope everything goes well for you.
I'm kind of hoping for that, WolfMoon
-Cinema Strange
Old 05-02-2005, 07:49 PM   #491
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
I secured a job interview at MacDonalds. Woot.

And learned that anytime my boyfriend says 'I swear I'll be totally free on such and such night and I'll defintly be able to talk to you.' I should make plans that do not include sitting around looking at my buddy list window every five seconds, because he's not even going to get on until he's too tired (or drunk) to talk.

*sigh* bastard. We have very few nights we can talk to each other because of his wierd school schedule. It's okay that he spends some of those night hanging out wiht his friends. But this is twice he's promised soemthing he hasn't delivered.

I have an eight am class tomrrow, and I don't need to be up all night, anyway. I should just go to bed and find some way to yell at him tomorrow.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:13 PM   #492
winged_dreams

That stinks!! That's not nice at all!! Good luck with the interview.

Today I was lazy. My grandmother got me a bike so I can go ride around, get exercise, and be a bit less lazy. Oh yes, I also played D&D. Yes, I am a nerd! :P

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:46 AM   #493
gingerbreadwench

AlKilyu's CT Scan Adventure.
as told to GingerbreadWench.

Our beloved member went for a CT scan and some spinal X-rays. They injected a berilium contrast into the base of his spinal column, and tilted the table to get it to go through the entire spine. Then some X-rays, which showed curvature of the spine from (most likely) a lateral and a posterior terior view. The CT shows it from a transverse view, by take pictures of the spine by tiny 'slices,' that are put together and then can be viewed from several different views in a more detailed image than the X-rays.

He now has a hole in his spine. Awwww.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:12 AM   #494
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
Poor Al. Best wishes to him!

As for myself. . .I stayed up even later than I meant to because my boyfriend finally got on the internet. . .ad proceeded to tell me we'd better just be friends because his life is over omplicated due to school (He's done after this week for the year), and work (he works one day a week, usually).

Luckily, his sister got on abuot the same time and let me rant at her. She said she was goign to kick him. I hope she does, even thuogh I told her ont to.

But, later today, after a quick nap, I found out one of my friend's friends tried to commit suicide, and my friend is a wreck because of it.

So I think it's just been a shitty week all around.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:06 AM   #495
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadwench
Lucky! Now he can play Existenz!

*I apologize now for the really crappy movie reference. Not that my reference was crappy (my reference pwned), but the movie was really crappy*

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 05-03-2005, 10:48 AM   #496
punkirony

today..............Well, I'm at school. So today I shall be being educated by teachers who haven't a clue of what they're talking about.

Oh, and I just read a happy message from good ol' Teapot.
Did anyone else miss me?
Old 05-03-2005, 02:01 PM   #497
Solumina

I took my Calc AP today that was fun :roll: at least I don’t have any more until next week
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #498
Jane13

Quote:

Our beloved member went for a CT scan and some spinal X-rays. They injected a berilium contrast into the base of his spinal column, and tilted the table to get it to go through the entire spine. Then some X-rays, which showed curvature of the spine from (most likely) a lateral and a posterior terior view. The CT shows it from a transverse view, by take pictures of the spine by tiny 'slices,' that are put together and then can be viewed from several different views in a more detailed image than the X-rays.

:cry:
-Cinema Strange
Old 05-06-2005, 10:49 PM   #499
TeapotScar

Well, I got really drunk and went to a really drunk naked dance. With Granny! She looked teh sexxy... we were all sorts of not-wearing-clothing, and all sorts of fucked-up. It was an okay dance, I don't think Granny had that much fun. I made out with five people- I think that's a new record for one night.

Oi. I'm tired. Or hungry. Hmm.

Old 05-06-2005, 11:23 PM   #500
AlKilyu

Quote:

I forgot to thank gbw for this (and BEG her to return on a regular basis, come on everyone, help me out on this!) because for whatever reason I know nothing of all this, so I send the MRIs and stuff to her and EPS who know this MUCH better than I. gbw's translation of my MRI was SPOT ON! I was soooooo impressed! Looks and brains.

Also thank you Panther and Jane. ^_^

As for the test she mentioned, pain I have never experienced before. The needle puncturing your spine, you think "This is the most pain I can possibly imagine!" But they aim to please, and actually inject the hot radioactive fluid at that point! The nurse told me that the pain I am having as a result of all of my issues may be intensified once the berillium(sp?) actually hits those areas. To ensure this, they hit a button that tilts the table you are laying (on your belly) on forward. Now, your ass is partially exposed, and hot radioactive material is now flowing through your body and into the already painful parts of my upper back.

The nurse, seeing me grip the edge of the table like I am recieving e_e in the butt, offers her hand to grip, but me being the nice guy, knowing that I will crush her hand, decline the offer. They remind me to breathe, which I stop doing at times to keep from screaming. I did not utter a sound, to which the nurse called me a "tough guy". This helps the ego until your uncle has to come pick you up (not allowed to drive home at this point) tells you when he had it done, they said the same thing.

At this point you are hoping this fun won't end, after being told to lay perfectly still, full of that glowing shit they fill the Halloween sticks with while they take xrays. They know you are having fun and wheel you into another room where you are thrown onto a table that rolls you into a slightly friendlier MRI device, where again you must lay still while they take MORE pics.

So they cut into me on Tuesday and I have zero fear. I will be staying overnight and when I get home I have at least two weeks off of work.

My worry is this: EPS feels that as my best friend she must take me to my operation and wait while they do it (an hour and a half) NOT counting recovery.

The problem is she is very sick. I appriciate her wanting to be there for me during this, but again, she is sick, and I just assume she use her day off to rest in bed. I mean, I'd LOVE to have her with me, but I worry because she is so sick. If she were to stay home, I can still get a ride to and fro, and would not think less of her. She owes me nothing except for hot oral sex.

^^
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote