Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #6801
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
My only uncle died. I'm sad for my dad and sad for my aunt. Meh.
Sorry to hear this Ape

Hugs to everyone who needs 'em.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #6802
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
The fish tanks MUST be cleaned and I have a feeling it's going to be done by only me. Have been waiting around on Mr. Kitty to help for at least a month. Am not looking forward to the process
PROTIP - Use an old store card ,old spent giftcard, or better yet a credit card ( That'll stop any spending!!! ) to scrape algae off the glass. Much more effective than those magnetic scrapers
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #6803
Timeless Rebellion

Mega-rant: The person with whom I had plans tomorrow evening poked me on Facebook today to cancel because her parents wanted her to spend new year's eve with them, so now I am gonna be all alone -.-"
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #6804
DL Winters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion View Post
Mega-rant: The person with whom I had plans tomorrow evening poked me on Facebook today to cancel because her parents wanted her to spend new year's eve with them, so now I am gonna be all alone -.-"
I am sorry to hear that. It seems I will be spending my new years alone too, but tis be not all bad. I will like watch Paranormal Activity 3, and work on my book if not play Dynasty Warriors 5, or Xenosaga. Would be awesome if I could take my little one to see the fireworks downtown. Damned sickness.
DL Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:18 AM   #6805
CarrionCorpse

I have to suffer through New Years with my friend's absolutely moronic girlfriend being in my presence.-__-
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:21 AM   #6806
DL Winters

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
I have to suffer through New Years with my friend's absolutely moronic girlfriend being in my presence.-__-
That truly does suck. I have to play chapperone/3rd wheel to my ex and her best friend out in the woods somewhere to meet some guys they din't know.

Happy New Year...
Old 12-31-2011, 08:29 AM   #6807
CarrionCorpse

She's awful. Last time I had to be around her I needed a full bottle of wine to stay nice. We found I get rather happy when drunk from that. haha Not like the usual alcoholic drinks I indulge in...

Maybe you could leave them in the woods if they become a problem? haha
Old 12-31-2011, 08:32 AM   #6808
DL Winters

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
She's awful. Last time I had to be around her I needed a full bottle of wine to stay nice. We found I get rather happy when drunk from that. haha Not like the usual alcoholic drinks I indulge in...

Maybe you could leave them in the woods if they become a problem? haha
In all honesty, I'd rather not go. It's an opportunity to network, and there will apparently be free liquor, so I'm hoping each shot or bottle will make it strikingly less awful.

I don't know why they think it's a good idea to go out to a party in the woods on new years with a guy they meet three days ago online. I'm all for adventures with strangers, but the woods..? Really?
Old 12-31-2011, 08:35 AM   #6809
CarrionCorpse

Stranger Danger. hahaha
Old 12-31-2011, 08:37 AM   #6810
DL Winters

I know. Ridiculousness. It should at least pose an interesting experience, if not a drunken one. A chance to pass out buisness cards, and a slimer one of meeting someone new and interesting.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:55 AM   #6811
Morpheus13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion View Post
Wanna swap bodies for New Year's Eve? I have to work in a few hours and then, as soon as I'm off work, I have to spend the night with my two cousins.
Morpheus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #6812
Grausamkeit

Apey, I'm sorry, hun. *HUGZ&cuddles*

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #6813
Solumina

Strep throat sucks
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #6814
Saya

I slept in all day and have to get up at six am tomorrow for a three hour class.

I know that's minor but I don't function well without sleep.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #6815
CuckooTuli

After a weed-free week of quality time with my insomnia, I do not have the words for how fucking tired I am right now. It's nice to be less fuzzy during the daytimes, but damn, I don't know how much longer I can do this without either going the sleeping pill route (which I REALLY don't want to do), or headdesking at work.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #6816
MissCheyenne

What about asking for some anti depressants that have sedative properties at certain doses? I take those myself for my insomnia because I can't stay on proper sleeping pills forever. Trazodone is the one I take and I know Mirtazapine is used in low doses for insomnia.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #6817
CuckooTuli

I'd rather not tranq up either though, to be honest. My mother used to be hooked on them to the point of zombification and it's made me very wary of them, given my own addicitive tendancies. Part of the reason I'm having so much trouble is that I've been taking a break from weed, so switching to a different drug because over-use of this one's making me fuzzled seems... counter-productive. :s
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
Old 01-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #6818
Solumina

Some OTC sleep aids and herbal supplements can work wonders without the nasty dependency issues that come with prescription sleep aids, especially if the issue is relaxation and not inability to stay asleep. Pop into a pharmacy and ask the pharmacist if they can recommend anything (and be sure to mention your concerns).

My throat is feeling a bit better thanks to the antibiotics I'm now on, too bad I had to pay out of pocket to go to the doctor (the prescription was only $8.00 to fill so I'm not too bothered by that). My insurance was supposed to start on the 1st but it looks like DRI has, once again, managed to fuck things up. Thankfully I have a paper trail showing that I did exactly what I needed to do and that the fuck up happened after I gave the proper form to HR so I will get my insurance started up but chances are that I won't be able to get this retroactively covered as it wasn't the insurance company's fault. That being said the lady from the insurance company was extremely helpful and spent a while on the phone with me (first thing in the morning too as I called as soon as they were open) trying to figure out just what had happened. She even checked to see if I had accidentally been renewed on Jake's insurance instead of starting my own coverage.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #6819
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
I'd rather not tranq up either though, to be honest. My mother used to be hooked on them to the point of zombification and it's made me very wary of them, given my own addicitive tendancies. Part of the reason I'm having so much trouble is that I've been taking a break from weed, so switching to a different drug because over-use of this one's making me fuzzled seems... counter-productive. :s
To add on to what Solumina said, I'm told Valerian is a really gentle sleep aid and St. John's Wort has been proven to help with depression, although the exact amount you need to take remains unknown.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #6820
honeythorn

Valerian does indeed work. I use it occasionally. 2 tsp of the dried root ( use a tea ball ) steeped in water for 5 mins. But I warn you, the smell and taste is NOT pleasant.

My brother described it as " sweaty gusset" just as I was having a gulp Thanks Bro .
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #6821
Saya

I've seen it in pill form if the taste is that bad XD
Old 01-07-2012, 04:21 AM   #6822
CuckooTuli

Thanks, guys. Some other people have recommended valerian, so I think I'll take a trip to Holland & Barretts (and hope to fuck that they do the pills, from the sound of it - sweaty gusset? Mmm-mmm...).

Saya - thanks hon, but depression isn't really a problem for me. One of the reasons I've become such a career stoner is because it brings me down off the ceiling, where so much of my life is lived in a state of interminable perkiness (when the sleeping's good, at least)
Old 01-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #6823
CarrionCorpse

One of my dread orders got cancelled because 'her mom doesn't want her having them'. What a fuck. Haha
Old 01-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #6824
Solumina

I really hate funerals and I've been avoiding thinking about the fact that I will be going to one tomorrow. I don't mind life celebrations and memorial services but real funerals just really bother me, they make me sad without giving any sense of closure, I guess because they tend to be rather religious and focused on how the person will be going to a better place but I'm not a religious person so I would much rather spend the time remembering and celebrating the life a person lived and the memories that we have of them.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #6825
CarrionCorpse

Just had to remove my right nose stud because it was slowly migrating extremely close to the hoop I also wear on my right nostril.
Fuck me for my placement being to close when I did it.
Ughhhhhh.