Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #101
Still Jack

I used to get death threats. =D I still have some of them. I actually know who they're from, I just can't be bothered to do anything about them.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #102
Ophelia's Snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Divine Ms. M View Post
I (wearing headphones helps this a lot lol).
Definitely! Sunglasses, too. It's nice to have some sensory barriers on days when you have no choice but to go to potentially "unfriendly" places and you're feeling a bit too vulnerable (or cranky) to brush off insults and glares. Thank goodness those days don't come along too often.
Ophelia's Snorkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #103
The Divine Ms. M

I agree! And I wear sunglasses too-they do seem to work....
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:23 AM   #104
SiouxsiePernova

Sometimes I position my parasol so that it forms a barrier between me and the gaze of whoever I am trying to avoid.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:41 AM   #105
Still Jack

I like the way people get all riled up over me. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. I'll be like :"Come on, bring the hate, is that all you got sunshine??".
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #106
SweetJane

I hung out with punk kids, so the people who mostly sneared at me were emotards or metalcunts. So beat them up or scared the shit out of them. Frat boys are even easier to get to fuck off. The fact that I'm short and not scared to get in your face usually works to my advantage, and I usually don't even have to throw a punch (my shoulders are apparently the only good thing my design has going for it). I've never had an issue with the same asshole twice.

I'm not really advocating violence, I'm just saying stand your ground.

Or run like a senseless little girl if the prick is packing.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #107
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
The fact that I'm short and not scared to get in your face usually works to my advantage, and I usually don't even have to throw a punch (my shoulders are apparently the only good thing my design has going for it). I've never had an issue with the same asshole twice.
Same here.. it seems like just the fact that I will get in someone's face in the first place is enough to get people to back off.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:44 AM   #108
Ophelia's Snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxsiePernova View Post
Sometimes I position my parasol so that it forms a barrier between me and the gaze of whoever I am trying to avoid.

Yes, mine has a nice, pointy tip so that I can make threatening/fussy old lady gestures if I must. I don't know how intimidating it actually is, but I feel better.
Ophelia's Snorkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #109
alchemie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
Really, it depends on where you live. When I lived in the more ghetto areas of Oakland and New Orleans, my dark image actually worked to my advantage.
I think that you are right in some ways. No one really said anything when I was living in Los Angeles. However, I do remember an old timer at the Post Office saying that he wondered if people looked the way I did in other cities, and I let him know where I was originally from. Even though he was surprised, he was actually nice about it.
alchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #110
nobodygoth

I have been Heckled all my life, beaten up, Stalked, Harassed, Shredded both on line and off.
I have finally given up trying to get it stopped and will go as dark black as anyone would care to see me, in a Clean, Classic, Simple way.
I have decided to go all the way black, to keep others away from me.
But just as is my preference.
nobodygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:48 AM   #111
CyanideandRaspberryTea

Have a bitch to your boyfriend, accept that people will stare and say shit like "Ooooh a GAWTH" and "It's not Halloween yet" and "Dirty bitch", then move the fuck on You wanna wear a corset to go grocery shopping? Deal with rude people.

Unless they hit you. Then feel free to hit back. Or to phone the cops.
CyanideandRaspberryTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:50 AM   #112
CyanideandRaspberryTea

@ nobodygoth: With all due respect...I know you're trying to communicate, but what are you SAYING?
CyanideandRaspberryTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #113
nobodygoth

What I am saying, is that I know how it is, I have been there and sympathize with those who have been through it.
nobodygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #114
aisehino

I just learnt to roll with it. Walking home from school, a friend and I would usually have food thrown at us off the bus we were avoiding. I pick it up and pretend to eat, never happened again.
I also used to get alot of shit for being ginger. One day it checked: why is this offensive? Provided there's no violence, I see no harm.
aisehino is offline   Reply With Quote