Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-12-2005, 10:11 AM   #26
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
I like how Sternn seems facinated with gun control here in the States, yet his cub scouts group (i.e. the IRA) can't apparently conform to Northern Ireland and the UK's request to lay down illegal arms either. That's what we call the double standard here folks.

"The US has funny gun laws... it should be like here in Northern Ireland, where terrorism isn't a problem at all" :lol:

May I just take a moment to say:

I love you Binkie!!

8)
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 11:12 AM   #27
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
I might not smoke, but I can run a 6 minute mile
...which comes in handy when vets find out that you lie about serving in the military.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 11:21 AM   #28
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Quote:
I might not smoke, but I can run a 6 minute mile
...which comes in handy when vets find out that you lie about serving in the military.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Quote:

"The US has funny gun laws... it should be like here in Northern Ireland, where terrorism isn't a problem at all" :lol:
May I just take a moment to say:

I love you Binkie!!

8)
Al is also mah Hero..

*sniffle*

Could you two just get together and create the perfect human life form??

The Gene Pool needs YOU!!

:shock:
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 03:07 PM   #29
MrMaelstrom

Sorry Al. I don't intend to be politically correct, bit I have to try to be at least correct, and no matter how funny it may be, the manner in which you were funny is derrogatory to other people.

Do better. That was beneath you.

post scriptum In regard to something I "happened to notice" in Suicide Jade's post in this very page: are you two bonking around?

Good on ya, if y'are, get to it if ye ain't.

Ahh, another day, another good piece of advice.

Yep. That's me, a fortune cookie with fur and a dick... :shock:
Old 04-12-2005, 04:18 PM   #30
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Sorry Al. I don't intend to be politically correct, bit I have to try to be at least correct, and no matter how funny it may be, the manner in which you were funny is derrogatory to other people.
That happens here daily, and far worse.

Whom exactly did I offend with that?

If you are going to keep to those standards, get a pot of coffee ready, because you will be deleting all night...
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:43 PM   #31
MrMaelstrom

Dude, you offended gay people.

Shit Sternn, I didn't mean it like that.

Al, come on, leave minorities (not little people, like, say, leprechauns ) out of this.

As for the majority....well, they ain't here, they're stuffing themselves at a MacDonald's near you and me. :?

Al Dude, I'm sorry that everytime I get a bug up my arse I end up stumbling on one of your posts. It's a coincidence, really.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:04 PM   #32
Jane13

Quote:
Rolling papers are easily avialble in VA, as are crack pipes and other paraphanalia. They sell it all at every gas station - since all are also used in smoking tobacco and VA is the home of tobacco. A pack of cigs is still under $2.00 there for the generic and $3.00 for the good stuff, not that I smoke.
Seriously? I don't smoke, but ciggs here are around 5-6 bucks a pack, around eight in Chicago.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #33
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
Quote:
Rolling papers are easily avialble in VA, as are crack pipes and other paraphanalia. They sell it all at every gas station - since all are also used in smoking tobacco and VA is the home of tobacco. A pack of cigs is still under $2.00 there for the generic and $3.00 for the good stuff, not that I smoke.
Seriously? I don't smoke, but ciggs here are around 5-6 bucks a pack, around eight in Chicago.
Eight? Damn... they're like $4.50 around where I'm from, but eight.... goddamn that's too much.

And I don't know who's spreading the international rumors but, just to make sure we all have it completely clear about the US: 1) It is completely legal to smoke ciggs in your own home, and 2) Rolling papers are totally legal, too, and can be bought at most pharmacies and gas stations.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 08:32 PM   #34
Binkie

BS, Tom. Not on the camel toe arguement, but using Cheney as an example. The man can seriously not help it. He's actually wearing XXXXLs in that picture, but the overwhelming size of his balls always makes his pants shrink visually on film.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 03:03 AM   #35
SuicideJade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom

Do better. That was beneath you.

post scriptum In regard to something I "happened to notice" in Suicide Jade's post in this very page: are you two bonking around?

Good on ya, if y'are, get to it if ye ain't.

Ahh, another day, another good piece of advice.

Yep. That's me, a fortune cookie with fur and a dick... :shock:
no we are not..
al had a complaint about one of my previous avi pics.. i wanted to assure him that this one was not mean spirited.. like i said.. it's the jades honest truth :P
Old 04-13-2005, 05:00 AM   #36
CptSternn

Binkie -

As a person who travels quite often around the globe, I can tell you from personal experience prior to 9-11 no one had a problem with my jacket and or pants (I was asked to remove the bondage starps from my pants the last few times I flew in the states). I don't see how a few chains, some pyramids, and bondage straps will allow me to takeover a plane, but hey, I'm not the one being scared by a false threat anyhow.

Ally -

Didn't we get rid of you in the last thread? If you don't have anything intellegent to say, get back in your box. I don't think you have ever contributed anything intellegent to any topic here - just silly personal attacks. You are what we call a tourist. One of those fuck ups in kakhis and a polo shirt who shows up at the club trying to hit on the young girls gawthed out in club attire. Where I'm from, we usually have security take you out back (part of the job I love). Get back on www.anncoultre.com and post your rightwing thoughts there.

As far as crack pipes - your telling me you have never seen the wee little roses in the glass tubes they sell at the gas stations?

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:15 AM   #37
MrMaelstrom

It ain't a non-existent threat Sternn.

I consider myself to be pretty open-minded, but I'd bomb Exxon, Texaco, Citybank, NORAD, Haliburton, WB/AOL, The Pentagon and Britney Spears if I could. And that's just out of the top of my head.

On the immediate afe«termath of 9/11, it would have been unthinkable for anyone other than complete fanatics to attack the US.

Not so after the invasion of Afghanistan/Iraq.

America is a target.

Europe is a target.

It doesn't surprise me that most americans can't get their eyes off their navel, but for you, of all people here, to say something like that as if the MADRID bombs didn't kill anyone really surprises me.

It wasn't fucking ETA who did that one. It was the same "idealism" of 9/11 that did it.

You and I could be next.

Sure, I also blame most of the current situation on the US administration and our arse-kissing leaders, but the fact is: you too are in peril, and this is no scare tactic. Right now, it's a fact, Sternn.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:51 AM   #38
Binkie

Oooh, so these regulations only pertain to airports in this conversation? There were harsh regulations in schools and at clubs about spikes and chains long before 9/11 (you know... what other people were talking about before you gave your input). I guess you'd have to climb out of basement to figure that out though. Course, your pyramids don't have any sharp points on them anywhere, right? And of course they can't be used as a blunt weapon, like say... when you take off your coat, wrap it around your fist and slug someone in the face. Never thought of that, did ya? Well someone else has. It's been done. Your "pretty/fashionable" attire has been used as a weapon before. UK may not have a problem with that kind of stuff... that is, until the IRA is provoked into attacking again. Then you'll find traveling to meet Congressmen here in the US with your spikes, chains, and leather goodies (hold on... let me laugh for a second.... HAHAHAHA... ok, I'm good) is a bit more restrictive.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 04-13-2005, 12:29 PM   #39
CptSternn

Once again binkie, you try to derail a good discussion with personal non-related issues.

So back to the topic.

Another great influence on politics on the gothic scene would have to be that relating to sex. You have to love the current administrations ostrich approach. Thje whole 'abstinance' approach worked so well for bush during his term as texas gov. During that period they had the most STDs and teenage pregnacies in the history of the state.

This of course effects all people not just the gothic community, but definately something to think about when your out at a club chating up the opposite sex...

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:36 PM   #40
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
something to think about when your out at a club chating up the opposite sex...
That's why I married myself and live very happily together. :shock:

I started smoking cigarrettes when I was 23 (stupidstupidstupidstupidstupidstupidstupidstupid) and I smoked Marlboro's (Wild At Heart thing, I guess).

They are now 2,55 (2euros55cents).

I smoke John Player Special for 2,40.
Because of Elio de Angelis.
He was my Black Knight when I was 13.
A true gentleman in Formula One racing.
Horrible death, though.
Look him up.
He was worth it.
Anyone can remember Ayrton Senna, but de Angelis...
MrMaelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 01:41 PM   #41
Solumina

Quote:
Your "pretty/fashionable" attire has been used as a weapon before.
I’m sorry but this just doesn’t cut it. Anything can be a weapon, hell I could stab someone with a straw, it has been done. By your logic we should outlaw straws and just about everything else. Also a much more common weapon is a high heel and as far as I know absolutely nothing has been done about them.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 01:53 PM   #42
Solumina

Ouch!
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-13-2005, 04:09 PM   #43
creepylittleshit

Yet another thing that keeps me from going out and having fun in my nieghborhood. CRACKHEADS!!! My god how I hate crackheads. They turn the 'hood upside down. They are generally the root of most of the crimes and yet the cops still don't do anything about them. They stay outside all day and beg for money too. Its bad enough they commit ugliest crimes around here but on top of that some passers-by give them money!!!

Plus the fact that the gangs are coming back to life too. For awhile all the gangs we had were the asian gangs. They didn't bother anyone unless you messed with them. But now we have what I like to call the asshole gangs. They kill random people for initation. You can tell when those people are back into the swing of things. Every night you here anout another random murder with no real motive. The last one I heard about was an old man who simply answered his door and boom he was shot and killed.

I am defintely contemplating moving far away from here. :cry:
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:07 PM   #44
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
I’m sorry but this just doesn’t cut it. Anything can be a weapon, hell I could stab someone with a straw, it has been done. By your logic we should outlaw straws and just about everything else. Also a much more common weapon is a high heel and as far as I know absolutely nothing has been done about them.
Slit a man's neck open with a straw... or impliment a skull fracture with it. You'll have a stronger case at that point. Especially if you can hijack an airliner with one. Otherwise it's about as much of a threat to national security as say... a binkie. :lol:

Not sure what shoes you've been wearing, but heels can't be weilded as easily into as destructive a weapon as say a spiked collar, which can be wrapped around your fist and used with more force. Heels are ackward to hold, and more awkward to strike with, - not to mention they're generally not made out of material that's reliable and strong... like metal (some are, but those are rare). If people start using them effectively to take other people down rather instantaneously and pose a serious threat, you can bet they'll be banned from schools and airports. I don't see that happening, however, as they're not a reliable weapon - nor do they pose the strength to fracture someone's skull or inflict deep puncture wounds with one strike. If they are capable of such (say they have very fine points), you can bet your ass you're not getting past TSA with that.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:11 PM   #45
Solumina

Actually I was thinking of a person that was stabbed in the jugular and he died. Also heels are fairly easy to wield with quit a bit force it is just that most guys don't know how to do it well
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-13-2005, 08:18 PM   #46
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepylittleshit
Yet another thing that keeps me from going out and having fun in my nieghborhood. CRACKHEADS!!! My god how I hate crackheads. They turn the 'hood upside down. They are generally the root of most of the crimes and yet the cops still don't do anything about them. They stay outside all day and beg for money too. Its bad enough they commit ugliest crimes around here but on top of that some passers-by give them money!!!
Crackheads... ugh. There have been sooooo many meth lab busts in the area in which I live.... I didn't realize there were enough people here to have that many labs 0.o Crack is a cheap, trashy drug, and there are a lot of cheap, trashy people around here, so... I know what that's like. *caughmyfriend'sbrothercaugh*
Not so much a gang problem here as kids coming here from Chicago and St.Luis that are incredibly hostile. I'm really quiet in my math class- I sit next to this chick that was dubbed "BBQ Grill" for assaulting a much smaller girl with the lid of a bbq grill because she "Talked trash about ma momma".... in between complaining that "It's not ma fault if I have to go to court!" when she fails tests. Her toady sits behind me.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:26 PM   #47
Binkie

Do you know where this incident happened? I'm curious to find out how that was accomplished, or what it was accomplished with (what kind of high heel it was).
Old 04-13-2005, 08:35 PM   #48
ice

Quote:
Otherwise it's about as much of a threat to national security as say... the Binkie.
"It's as much of a threat as a WMD the size of an M1 Abrams tank" ?!?! O _ O Holy frick... I wanna get me somma those high heels man.

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:37 PM   #49
Binkie

I was talking about straws in that paragraph, bee itch. :lol:
Old 04-13-2005, 08:48 PM   #50
ice

Quote:
I was talking about straws in that paragraph, bee itch. :lol:
You...

really suck. :cry:

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote