Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
DeathChii

So it finally hit me

I guess there is a time in everyone's life when it finally hits them, hits them hard and fast and completely mind boggles their sanity.
I'm going to die.
You're going to die.
We all freaking live and then we die!
It's like you never think about it, and it's like somewhere inside me I've been denying it all my life, but I actually just realized I'm going to die.
I'm going to live my life, get old, and then just stop existing... it frightens me so much, doesn't it scare you!? All of a sudden I start realizing I am in this life, god knows where the fuck it came from, and I'm existing and one day I'm just going to stop.. I think I'm going insane, it drives me crazy thinking about it... everytime I see someone walking down the street I think "they're going to die... theyre going to stop existing... just liek that 'poof', liek going to sleep and never waking up"
I've been having some mental breakdowns and people are telling me "not to think about it" and I'm like "how can I just not think about it!? It's unavoidable!!! so what if it's not going to happen for a long time, it's going to happen!"everything is suddanly so pointless and confusing, I don't know what to do or what to think? What to I tell myself? "it'll be ok"? It won't ever be ok because it's going to happen! To everyone!!! IT's so scary and depressing and I don't know what to think,I think I'm going to go abseloutly crazy, I can't do anything anymore >< my bf told me he went through the same thing wen he was about me age (he's 18, im 16) and he said one day you just accept it... I don't see how you can accept it... I don't understand how people are living their lives and not shaking in a corner... I'm so scared and confsued... I don't know wht to do ='(
Have you ever gone through something like this??? How did you deal with it??? How did you accept it?? and any advice to help me???
[and please excuse my spelling and grammar, I am freaking out and just mad typing]
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
spoon!

It's never pointless or stupid unless you've piddled away your life. Otherwise, you shouldn't be afraid of death. It's not something to be feared.
spoon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #3
JCC

I came to the realization that I was going to die years ago. Atheist from about the age of four, so the whole "One day I'll be maggot meal" dawned on me pretty quickly. It doesn't bother me, it just makes me want to have a life of contentment.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #4
DeathChii

I wish I could feel that way but I don't =(
You see it does bother me, and it scares me, and confuses me... and boggles me o_o just make me want to run around screaming but I feel so hopeless, I mean there is really nothing I can do...If I just somewhat think about it I suddanly feel totally nautious and shitty xD
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 11-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #5
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChii
and I'm like "how can I just not think about it!? It's unavoidable!!!
Well, do you think all day about breathing? That's unavoidable. Or eating? That's unavoidable too. And hearing? Yep, same thing there... so is seeing, smelling, moving various parts of your body, etc. The point here being as it IS unavoidable and it IS going to happen to everyone, then there's no point in thinking of it, you should rather think of all the stuff you want to do until the point comes when you can't do them. Live life. Now. As they say:

The sooner you accept that you're going to die the sooner you can get along with living life the fullest.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:33 PM   #6
Breathless Horror

If you're religious in any way, then find solace in the fact that you believe there will be an afterlife, and that it will most likelly be far better than this one. If not, I'm not sure how you can deal with it, other than to resolve to lead the best life you can. Make sure not even one precious second is wasted, and have no regrets. Then your life will not have been pointless. Also, we achieve true immortality in the memories of those that know us, or know of us.

Other than that, I don't really know what to say, other than that if you need someone to talk to, my email/msn is in my profile.

*hugs*

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:38 PM   #7
d.Nox

The nausea will fade.

This is your wake-up call: This is your life. Are you going to enjoy it, and laugh in the face of your inevitable demise, or are you going to whimper and cringe and hope the end doesn't come too soon?
d.Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:05 PM   #8
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine
Well, do you think all day about breathing? That's unavoidable. Or eating? That's unavoidable too. And hearing? Yep, same thing there... so is seeing, smelling, moving various parts of your body, etc. The point here being as it IS unavoidable and it IS going to happen to everyone, then there's no point in thinking of it, you should rather think of all the stuff you want to do until the point comes when you can't do them. Live life. Now. As they say:

The sooner you accept that you're going to die the sooner you can get along with living life the fullest.
I realize that but I have such a hard time accepting it... just thinking now I'm 16... and one day I'll be 20... and then one day 50... and one day 70 and one day dead... it's scary and weird =( How do you accept that? I wish I knew how to accept it, I wish I could, but I don't want to ><
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 11-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #9
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.Nox
The nausea will fade.

This is your wake-up call: This is your life. Are you going to enjoy it, and laugh in the face of your inevitable demise, or are you going to whimper and cringe and hope the end doesn't come too soon?
I knw but I feel like anjoying it and laugh and having fun just so I can dissapear later ... it's so creepy >< Doesn't it just freak the hell out of you that now you're here, and one day you just won't be... and omg ='(
I envy you guys =(
I envy those who are suicidal, it's like, I wish I wanted to die rather than be afraid of it.... because it's going to happen anyway ;_;
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 11-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #10
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
If you're religious in any way, then find solace in the fact that you believe there will be an afterlife, and that it will most likelly be far better than this one. If not, I'm not sure how you can deal with it, other than to resolve to lead the best life you can. Make sure not even one precious second is wasted, and have no regrets. Then your life will not have been pointless. Also, we achieve true immortality in the memories of those that know us, or know of us.

Other than that, I don't really know what to say, other than that if you need someone to talk to, my email/msn is in my profile.

*hugs*
Thanks, I will probably bother you about it later =P
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 11-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #11
Wormboy

I was basically dead two years ago. Now I'm here, and I have a plate in my head. Death is just around the corner bub, only one thing to do about it. Live every day to it's fullest.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:18 PM   #12
DeathChii

exactly,.. and it totally sucks and it's scary... ;_; what's the whole point of life? if we're all just going to die? I don't understant >< it hurts my brain to think about it! I wish I could just accept it T_T
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 11-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #13
Saddiction

Just be thankful that this isn't the 1800s DeathChii, where the life expectancy was much shorter. It doesn't matter how old you are anyway. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow and not stick around to tell the story. Death is inevitable. There really is no point in dwelling on it. The more you do, the less you focus on LIVING a worthwhile life.

As I'm sure you've heard plenty of times, life is too short. Enjoy it while you can. If you can't, go visit the cancer center and visit with kids who have a matter of months to live. They'd give anything to walk in your shoes.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #14
Tam Li Hua

I think you've just tuned into the reason that some folks turn to religion: it explains Death and Dying.

Death doesn't scare me half as much as the process of Dying, to be honest; I don't think I'll mind or care about being Dead...but the process of soul separating from body sounds rather...painful.
Tam Li Hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:05 PM   #15
Luscinia

I think death will be kind of interesting. I can not claim to have no fear of it at all, but I also have alot of curiosity. This question that most people on earth ponder about at one point or another, but none really know the answer to, this great unknown.. and I will get to find out what REALLY happens! I will discover one of the biggest mysteries of the universe. I think that's something quite fascinating!

Yes, perhaps nothing will happen. No heaven or hell or nirvana or next life, just nothing. But well, I won't really be sad or angry about that nothing.. I just won't exist anymore. Not existing doesn't sound that scary, just kind of sad (for some things in this life I will miss experiencing again). I think tho' that there -will- be something, I believe in re-birth. A new body, new childhood, new people, new friends, new experiences, new lessons to be learnt. Ultimately I believe this is a big circle that goes on and on, like most things in nature, in this universe do. Like the seasons change, like the wind blows.. not many things just end POOF. They transform, change, carry on.

Perhaps I'm crazy. =) But in any case, I look at death as an adventure.
Luscinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #16
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
Just be thankful that this isn't the 1800s DeathChii, where the life expectancy was much shorter. It doesn't matter how old you are anyway. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow and not stick around to tell the story. Death is inevitable. There really is no point in dwelling on it. The more you do, the less you focus on LIVING a worthwhile life.

As I'm sure you've heard plenty of times, life is too short. Enjoy it while you can. If you can't, go visit the cancer center and visit with kids who have a matter of months to live. They'd give anything to walk in your shoes.
I'm not trying to be selfish, I feel even worse for them, I'm just saying I can't think streight anymore... life doesn't make any sense, where the fuck did we come from? We're in this thing called life and then we die and then we have kids wtf is the point? Why are we here, why are their animal!s?? wher the fuck did the sun come from!? WWTF ;_; why do we think!? isn't it scary!? Doesn't it scare you!? you didn't exist, and now you exist, and then you;re going to stop existing. What is this?? it's just freaking me out!! I've gone too deep in to thought. more than one being can handle and im just going insane.
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 11-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #17
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
I think you've just tuned into the reason that some folks turn to religion: it explains Death and Dying.

Death doesn't scare me half as much as the process of Dying, to be honest; I don't think I'll mind or care about being Dead...but the process of soul separating from body sounds rather...painful.
Ant that's great! =) but... I wish you could teach me how to not care =(
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 11-12-2007, 02:20 PM   #18
delicti

Yes... but if we die beautifully, then it's all worth it! :-D

Seriously, don't let it get you. The best way to be happy with death is to live life.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #19
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luscinia
I think death will be kind of interesting. I can not claim to have no fear of it at all, but I also have alot of curiosity. This question that most people on earth ponder about at one point or another, but none really know the answer to, this great unknown.. and I will get to find out what REALLY happens! I will discover one of the biggest mysteries of the universe. I think that's something quite fascinating!

Yes, perhaps nothing will happen. No heaven or hell or nirvana or next life, just nothing. But well, I won't really be sad or angry about that nothing.. I just won't exist anymore. Not existing doesn't sound that scary, just kind of sad (for some things in this life I will miss experiencing again). I think tho' that there -will- be something, I believe in re-birth. A new body, new childhood, new people, new friends, new experiences, new lessons to be learnt. Ultimately I believe this is a big circle that goes on and on, like most things in nature, in this universe do. Like the seasons change, like the wind blows.. not many things just end POOF. They transform, change, carry on.

Perhaps I'm crazy. =) But in any case, I look at death as an adventure.
I wish I could think like you ='(
that's all I want, I don't want to complain, I want help, I need help! ='(
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 11-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #20
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicti
Yes... but if we die beautifully, then it's all worth it! :-D

Seriously, don't let it get you. The best way to be happy with death is to live life.
Is it worth it? but it did get to me T_T so hard!! it's like I never thought about it til now... like I just denyed it, or I just pretend that it doesn't exist?? but it does ='( and the only think that keeps me going is pretending it doesnt...
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 11-12-2007, 02:29 PM   #21
Saddiction

Quote:
I'm not trying to be selfish, I feel even worse for them, I'm just saying I can't think streight anymore... life doesn't make any sense, where the fuck did we come from? We're in this thing called life and then we die and then we have kids wtf is the point? Why are we here, why are their animal!s?? wher the fuck did the sun come from!? WWTF ;_; why do we think!? isn't it scary!? Doesn't it scare you!? you didn't exist, and now you exist, and then you;re going to stop existing. What is this?? it's just freaking me out!! I've gone too deep in to thought. more than one being can handle and im just going insane.
No. It doesn't scare me. We live because this planet has the ability to sustain life. If we keep it up with the bullshit, this planet will eventually become inhabitable, and life on earth will cease to exist.

You ask what the point in having kids is, well, if we didn't reproduce like all the other species on this planet, we'd become extinct. Ever watch March of the Penguins? Do you see what those animals go through just to keep their species alive?

If you're really that terrified of death, I suggest you seek help. It's a part of life. Something that you WILL have to come to terms with sooner or later.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:32 PM   #22
Saddiction

Quote:
Is it worth it? but it did get to me T_T so hard!! it's like I never thought about it til now... like I just denyed it, or I just pretend that it doesn't exist?? but it does ='( and the only think that keeps me going is pretending it doesnt...
So is this to say that you didn't pay attention in science class when you had to study life cycles? You never thought about it when death is on the cover of most news papers or news casts? How can you deny something like that?
Old 11-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #23
Luscinia

Take a deeeeep breath.
See, you're still alive! =) And you probably will be for a looong time to come. Worrying about it is not going to change anything, being scared won't change anything. Yes, easier said than done I know, 'don't be scared' or 'don't worry'.
Think of it like this then.. what is the best experience in life you've ever had? The happiest moment, the best memory. Think that this is what death will be like. This feeling of peace & complete happiness. Who says death will be scary and bad and evil and dark? Noone knows! It could just as well be something really awesome, happy, peaceful. People just don't know it, so they fear.
Luscinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #24
Agent17

I've thought about the processes of life, death and the universe all of my life. Trying to imagine what was here before anything, or what what if the universe was never created. Whenever I try to think about it to much I start to drown in thoughts.

I learned to except the fact that we will all die very early in my life, it doesn't bother me, its just hard to comprehend sometimes.
Agent17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #25
DeathChii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
No. It doesn't scare me. We live because this planet has the ability to sustain life. If we keep it up with the bullshit, this planet will eventually become inhabitable, and life on earth will cease to exist.

You ask what the point in having kids is, well, if we didn't reproduce like all the other species on this planet, we'd become extinct. Ever watch March of the Penguins? Do you see what those animals go through just to keep their species alive?

If you're really that terrified of death, I suggest you seek help. It's a part of life. Something that you WILL have to come to terms with sooner or later.
You're not understanding my meaning, I realize we are here because are planet can sustain life, and all the cells, and the we have children to reproduce and let our species grow and continue to get better but why? why do we have a speices in the first place??
I'm going so much deeper than that. So much deeper than "science"
and I am seeking help, from you, from friends, from parents, and from psychiatrist, I wan tto learn how you've come to accept that, and how you've come to terms with it and no longer fear it because that's all I want
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less