Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #26
Ishan

Okay ... here's what happened. Of course, Hilter preyed upon the anti-Semitism that prevailed in Germany and other nations at the time. But what sparked his particular hatred of Jewish people was that Mr. Adolf Hitler wanted to be a painter. That's right - he wanted to be the next Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Picasso - pick your name.

He showed his works to some instructors in Austria, who just happened to be Jewish. They told him his work was mediocre. Here's a guy who knows how to hold a grudge.

I've seen some of the paintings - and you can find a couple on Wikipedia. They're okay, but not great.
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #27
Opteron_Man

What I don't understand is why Jews? Hitler was picky about black people back then too. Why make the Jews the primary goal? Also, if he did pick black people, I would still be here saying the same question, except replacing the word Jew with black.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:08 AM   #28
manequin

Didn't also have this theory that the jews where trying to make the whole world communist? I think thats right...
manequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #29
Splintered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
What I don't understand is why Jews? Hitler was picky about black people back then too. Why make the Jews the primary goal? Also, if he did pick black people, I would still be here saying the same question, except replacing the word Jew with black.
Geography is the simple answer.

Poland, Russia, Germany, etc. all had large minorities (They were relatively large, say, compared to Syria [I believe], but still a minority in the Germanic areas). So, when Hitler needed a large overall goal to massacre, where would he start? With the biggest problem in his mind; the Jews. Also read the book called "The International Jew: The World's Foremost Problem", which I believed influenced Hitler. (Don't quote me on that though).
Old 05-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #30
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
Read that very interesting.
I agree. However, I wish I was able to read German.. you miss nuances with a translated version.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:57 PM   #31
Stormtrooper of Death

I've read the German version, fasinating to say the least, however this was a few years ago when my German was in good shape.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #32
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan
Okay ... here's what happened. Of course, Hilter preyed upon the anti-Semitism that prevailed in Germany and other nations at the time. But what sparked his particular hatred of Jewish people was that Mr. Adolf Hitler wanted to be a painter. That's right - he wanted to be the next Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Picasso - pick your name.

He showed his works to some instructors in Austria, who just happened to be Jewish. They told him his work was mediocre. Here's a guy who knows how to hold a grudge.

I've seen some of the paintings - and you can find a couple on Wikipedia. They're okay, but not great.

Hitler didn't become a Jew hater over a painting. He was one before that time, one might blame his upbringing.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:24 PM   #33
ThreeEyesOni

Quote:
Hitler didn't become a Jew hater over a painting. He was one before that time, one might blame his upbringing.
Also, one might blame it on him being a god-damn lunatic.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:34 PM   #34
twink

Maybe he was a lunatic with shitty upbringing.
twink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #35
Wednesday Friday Addams

When I said upbringing I didn't mean a abusive family or whatever. I was talking about how he grew up in a small village where being antisemitic and racist was the norm.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:39 AM   #36
Ishan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
Well, in the end he hated everyone, even Germans who weren't perfectly German - tracing their ancestry back at least 500 years. With that qualification, even Hitler should have been sent to a camp, then the gas chambers.

It wasn't Jewish people, or people who were black, or gay, or brunette or anything ... it was just he hated everyone.
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:49 AM   #37
Wednesday Friday Addams

I want a SS Waffen thread now.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:06 AM   #38
Opteron_Man

Quote:
When I said upbringing I didn't mean a abusive family or whatever. I was talking about how he grew up in a small village where being antisemitic and racist was the norm.
Adolf Hitler's father, Alois Hitler beat him. His mother spoiled him.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote