Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #101
Jaye Jang

LaBelleDame, The graveyard you describe, that is off the beaten track, and up a trail sounds like the Pioneer Cemetery in Idaho City. European graveyards are awesome, especially to make tracings off the graves. Ones I would love to visit would be in Louisiana -- where the graves are above ground --and Tombstone, Arizona, where you can actually visit the graves of Doc Holliday, Wyatt Earp and, I think, Bat Masterson. I would love to go to, I believe it's Le Pere Chaise cemetery in Paris, where Jim Morrison is buried. Also, I found a website for people to hang out on, who like to check out cemeteries and old gravesites --but I have to locate it. I will get back with you folks.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:35 PM   #102
Despanan

Don't fuck with freemasons; they'll build a house at you!
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:43 PM   #103
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
I like graveyards. But not because they're quiet. If I want quiet I'll go for a walk up the fields, and to be fair even that isn't quiet due to wildlife ( which is in fact why I go there )

Even graveyards aren't quiet. Trees rustle, birds rattle and flap about, and then....there are the SQUIRRELS! I know they can be little bastards at times but I love them anyway. I love hand feeding them nuts and raisins out of my hands. Just rattle the tub/bag and they come running!

I can understand though that if you live in a big city with few or no green places, a graveyard is more than likely the best place to go to get away from the worst of the traffic noise and people.

I also dislike really neat and tidy graveyards. I like them old and messy and a bit overgrown.
There are other things to enjoy in a graveyard. I like to think of my own mortality while i'm there, the fact that we all should cherish every moment because it will never come again. There are nice stone and iron work to admire. There other things, but these are the ones that came to mind.
The lack of screaming undisaplined kids running around.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:49 PM   #104
Deadmanwalking_05

I have a few graveyards around my area,they are way out in the middle of no where,and are some of the best spots to sit and watch the sun go down,they're peaceful,and offer good small and medium sized game hunting.

They are a mix of old and new graves and the next time I'm out I'll snap a few pics to post.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #105
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I'm glad this thread was resurrected again. It reminded me to snap some pictures of the pet cemetery 20 miles down the road.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #106
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Also, I found a website for people to hang out on, who like to check out cemeteries and old gravesites --but I have to locate it. I will get back with you folks.

Found it!

www.graveaddiction.com
Old 09-19-2008, 08:57 AM   #107
Sabine Blodwin

I really like cemeteries and graveyards, I used to stay there with some friends by night, the time that I think that the place is most beautyful and calm. We used to go by day too but there are so many people (here in Brazil is really commum persons walking through, exercising, praying during the day...) I went there at july to take a friend from other state to a visit and took some pics. These are from the Cemitério da Saudade, the older in my state and the most beautyful, it has 200 year old +/- :

The Entrance:
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/o...emanaxD175.jpg

The Pracinhas monument (Brazilian Soldiers that fought in the 2º war, against nazi-fascism as allied forces):
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/o...emanaxD141.jpg

Inside, some beauty tombs, statues..:
http://s368.photobucket.com/albums/o...erioDaSaudade/
Sabine Blodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #108
Jaye Jang

Thanks for the pix my peepz. Those were awesome. Sabine, I so totally want to go to Sao Paolo now.

Here is the best I could come up with for Idaho City. It shows some of the older grave sites, and also gives a pretty good idea what the town still looks like.

http://www.cultimedia.ch/ghosttowns/htme/idahocity.htm
Old 09-21-2008, 03:23 AM   #109
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Awesome pictures folks! Thanks for sharing them.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:11 AM   #110
Sabine Blodwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang
Thanks for the pix my peepz. Those were awesome. Sabine, I so totally want to go to Sao Paolo now.

Here is the best I could come up with for Idaho City. It shows some of the older grave sites, and also gives a pretty good idea what the town still looks like.

http://www.cultimedia.ch/ghosttowns/htme/idahocity.htm
Jay I really loved the pics from Idaho, I would love to visit there one day xD
I'm glad that you liked the pics from my city cemetery =) when u come to São Paulo, let me know and I can show you the places o/
Sabine Blodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #111
XsixfeetdeepX

Oh cemeteries are boring.
yeah, they're creepy and dark and symbolic and really really ridiculously dead, but still.

but there was this one cemetery I used to really like because it had the prettiest flowers growing under this huge maple tree. But then someone went and trashed it one halloween. damn them kids.
XsixfeetdeepX is offline   Reply With Quote