Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
King Of Snake

Fo Shizzle My Nizzle

Greetings Dark Friends.

I am 29 from Israel. An old scene follower. I was bored and read some stuff here that made me laugh so I figured why the fuck not?

Am I goth? Probably halfway between nerd and goth. "A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

They told me I was smart, and I tend to agree. I am a truth seeker. Studied for 8 years the mysteries of invisible particles and strings and the meaning of existence. A bizarre journey the sort of which few people can understand.

Now that I'm done with the secretes of the universe I am a white collar slave in some high tech company, i.e. the manifestation of capitalism in its most cruelest form. Make no mistake youngsters this is where most of you are headed.

I'm still into chicks with black clothes, leather boots and excessive makeup. Looks like that shit ain't gonna change. I don't know why that's what I like I just know that I do.

Being the smartest guy in every room I walk into and being right all the time is fucking exhausting. This is why over the years I've tried to extinguish the extra brain cells with an assortment of drugs and alcohol but to no avail, the bastards keep growing back. It Appears the good lord Baal-Zabub has intended for me to be omniscient. Alas I must suffer the rest of life with this gift\curse.

For the most part I try to be nice to people with mixed success. What else?

Music, I like it. Anything that's loud is good: Metal, Electro, Techno, Breaks. It drowns out the noise in my head and I can finally stop thinking.

Be reading you
King Of Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:18 AM   #2
The Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of Snake View Post
Greetings Dark Friends.

I am 29 from Israel. An old scene follower. I was bored and read some stuff here that made me laugh so I figured why the fuck not?

Am I goth? Probably halfway between nerd and goth. "A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

They told me I was smart, and I tend to agree. I am a truth seeker. Studied for 8 years the mysteries of invisible particles and strings and the meaning of existence. A bizarre journey the sort of which few people can understand.

Now that I'm done with the secretes of the universe I am a white collar slave in some high tech company, i.e. the manifestation of capitalism in its most cruelest form. Make no mistake youngsters this is where most of you are headed.

I'm still into chicks with black clothes, leather boots and excessive makeup. Looks like that shit ain't gonna change. I don't know why that's what I like I just know that I do.

Being the smartest guy in every room I walk into and being right all the time is fucking exhausting. This is why over the years I've tried to extinguish the extra brain cells with an assortment of drugs and alcohol but to no avail, the bastards keep growing back. It Appears the good lord Baal-Zabub has intended for me to be omniscient. Alas I must suffer the rest of life with this gift\curse.
You sound more like a nerd than a goth.

Also, PLEASE don't brag about your intelligence, people like that are usually irritating, stupid and ultimately just end up embarrassing themselves.

Quote:
Music, I like it. Anything that's loud is good: Metal, Electro, Techno, Breaks. It drowns out the noise in my head and I can finally stop thinking.
I think your taste in music sucks(apart from metal and I have no idea what 'Breaks' is/are).
The Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:24 AM   #3
Pineapple_Juice

What I'm wondering is how this guy and Gothicus are going to get along.
The answer is either smashingly or they'll hate each other forever.
I eagerly anticipate this.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:07 AM   #4
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Count View Post
I think your taste in music sucks(apart from metal and I have no idea what 'Breaks' is/are).
Breakbeat and breakcore music. It's good stuff, if sometimes a little redundant outside of clubs.

ANYWAY, the arrogant image is pretty popular here, as you've no doubt surmised, unfortunately you carry it with none of the wit and grace that it requires.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:37 AM   #5
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
What I'm wondering is how this guy and Gothicus are going to get along.
The answer is either smashingly or they'll hate each other forever.
Despite the number of imaginable contingencies and your allowing yourself two guesses, you somehow managed be wrong. The most probable answer is that this guy will make a couple largely innocuous posts that fail to draw my attention in any way, then leave the boards so to devote his focus more fully to reaping the fruits of capitalism in its 'most cruelest' form. A less likely alternative is that, once or twice, he'll say something sufficiently idiotic to justify my thoroughly embarassing him, then leave the boards so to devote his focus more fully to reaping the fruits of capitalism in its 'most cruelest' form. The final and most infinitesimal possibility is that he'll stick around for a considerable period of time, his stale witticisms and unavailing bids for attention gradually blurring, seamlessly, into the vox populi gothici, at which point I will cease to even acknowledge King of Snake as an independent entity and conceive of him only as a cog in the infernal engine that is the bulk of gnet's membership, or as I often call it, "you assholes". No matter what happens, I'm not going to like him, and he won't say anything interesting enough to inspire eternal hatred.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #6
Still Jack

That was an elegantly executed bitchslap...
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
King Of Snake

Hello again

Your warm welcome has caused some mild excitment along the pubes of my left testicle.

I didn't know it was possible to be gang ***** online by a bunch of adolescent virgins. How delightful! I will cherish this moment for some two full seconds.

You naughty boys should really be more nice to newcomers...
It's ok don't feel threatened. I would never steel your thunder in this virtual nothingness where you are "the top dogs". Clearly you have nothing else going for you, and I'm just not that kind of asshole.

As for you gothicus you are correct sir. I will most indeed reap those fruits. I gladly exploit the system which I did not create, but is keeping me in business.
But you'll probably figure out that's the way to go when you're 40 and still living with mom and dad, having had an illustrious career flipping burgers at McDonalds. But hey at least you're an artist.

A failed artist.....
Old 09-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
JCC

That was pretty impressive, I didn't realise that someone could string together so many generic internet insults in one post and then at the end still think that they're shit.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Greetings Dark Friends.

For the most part I try to be nice to people with mixed success. What else?

Be reading you

You seem cool...WELCOME ^_^ *HUG*

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #10
King Of Snake

10x Vindi. Nice to meet you.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #11
vindicatedxjin

Nice to meet you too ^_^

Bring Kontan Back
Old 09-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #12
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
That was pretty impressive, I didn't realise that someone could string together so many generic internet insults in one post and then at the end still think that they're shit.
Let's count 'em!

Quote:
Your warm welcome has caused some mild excitment along the pubes of my left testicle.
"I'm actually amused by your insults", check.

Quote:
I didn't know it was possible to be gang ***** online by a bunch of adolescent virgins. How delightful! I will cherish this moment for some two full seconds.
"I bet you're virgins," check.

Quote:
You naughty boys should really be more nice to newcomers...
It's ok don't feel threatened. I would never steel your thunder in this virtual nothingness where you are "the top dogs". Clearly you have nothing else going for you, and I'm just not that kind of asshole.
"Go get a life outside the internet," check.

Quote:
As for you gothicus you are correct sir. I will most indeed reap those fruits. I gladly exploit the system which I did not create, but is keeping me in business.
"In the real world, I'm livin' it up! I got a bitch under each arm, seriously," check.

Quote:
But you'll probably figure out that's the way to go when you're 40 and still living with mom and dad, having had an illustrious career flipping burgers at McDonalds. But hey at least you're an artist.

A failed artist.....
"You probably still live with you parents and work at McDonalds," check.

The irony here is not lost on me. I didn't really say anything particularly mean about this guy, save that he was boring, and that in all likelihood I wouldn't really notice him. He responds to my 'insult' with a sequence of the most derivative, nondescript personal attacks of which I've ever been a target. I don't want to 'steel' your thunder, King of Snake, but it sure is exhausting being right all the time!
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #13
King Of Snake

Web bullies. Gotta love that shit.

So gothicus, after having my heart broken by your original decision to ignore me I was sure glad to receive your second post and...

Oh wait, maybe by ignoring me you mean not speaking to me directly?
Well that sure is a high school flashback right there. There was this pathetic snob back then who thought very highly of himself that refused to acknowledge my presence, you two may as well be brothers.

I think he's dead now. I heard he slit his wrists after failing the opening auditions for Israel's version of "American Idol". Anyway...

Your striking originality did not fail to impress me as you seem extremely proficient at quoting my every sentence.
Or should I say my cliches?
The worst cliche I can think of is "goth guy who thinks he's so smart by accusing all others of being a cliche". But apparently that level of sophistication is beyond your scope.

I can only hope you will actually make good on your original threat this time and ignore me.
Though I doubt that you will. Your frail internet ego will not allow it.

But who the fuck knows (or cares)?
Old 09-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #14
JCC

What the fuck are you talking about? He didn't say he was going to ignore you. The fact is that coming into a forum like "WELL IT IS DIFFICULT BEING THE SMARTEST GUY IN THE ROOM ALL THE TIME" and not even trying to exploit any comic value from it is social suicide; of course we hate you, you're an idiot convinced that your intellect is of some sort of demigod status, too boring to make it slide.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #15
vindicatedxjin

JCC you suck big ones ^_^

Bring Kontan Back
Old 09-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #16
King Of Snake

Well at least I have one fan here. (10x again vind you're very sweet.)

I am what I am and say what I want. I make no apologies for that.
I couldn't give a shit about what you think are "appropriate social rules" for introducing yourself in forum, or the questionnaire for that matter.
Those "rules" have no business being in a forum for goths.
That's what being goth is all about, to take your weirdness to the fullest extreme. To embrace it not fear it.

If you fail to see that then you don't belong here asshole.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #17
JCC

Are you seriously trying to imply that "don't be an asshole" is equivalent to social fascism? It's not about social rules, if you're not likeable then people won't like you. You're not likeable, you're an idiot.

Also, goth has nothing to do with being weird.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:24 AM   #18
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Are you seriously trying to imply that "don't be an asshole" is equivalent to social fascism? It's not about social rules, if you're not likeable then people won't like you. You're not likeable, you're an idiot.

Also, goth has nothing to do with being weird.

No one here is an idiot except you ^_^

Bring Kontan Back
Old 09-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #19
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
No one here is an idiot except you ^_^
Well shit, that's got me.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #20
vindicatedxjin

It doesn't matter if it got you or not... The fact is that you merely wanna bash, because you feel like bashing. Which is what I think we all like to do at one point or another... because it's simply entertaining to make someone feel bad since its so easy to do online. But my point is that...you are no one special, I am no one special. You are nothing but a bored person trying to get gratification out of being an anonymous ass hole... like the majority of people on this forum. Have a nice day ^_^

Bring Kontan Back
Old 09-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #21
King Of Snake

I don't think that proclaiming one's own intelligence is being an asshole.
I do think that not being nice to a newcomer in a forum is being an asshole.
If you don't like me or what I say you can always ignore me.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #22
Ko Pilot

This thread is lols.
Ko Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #23
King Of Snake

I'm glad you're enjoying it Ko Pilot.
I liked your thread too.
That was actually my original intention with the introduction.
To entertain.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #24
vindicatedxjin

It's nice to have decent people on this forum now!!!!!!

Bring Kontan Back
Old 09-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #25
lamp

I don't see how dedicating four paragraphs to how great/unappreciated you are is entertaining.
lamp is offline   Reply With Quote