Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:37 AM   #1
NicoletteDifiorre

Posting again- Skincare and goth makeups.

Uhmm Hello all!!.

My name is Nicolette , and I am a cosmetologist with degrees in hair extensions ( socap), hair coloring and ALL other aesthetics ( just so you know what I am saying is professional advice)

Well ill tackle makeup first.

First and foremost makeup is like everything in life ! If you skip certain steps and go to the last part you WONT get what you want!

Think of it like painting a house wall, if you don't take time to sand down un even-ness then spackle the wall so its leveled, you can buy THE most expensive most wonderful paint in the world you can also higher the most skilled painter in the world.... the wall will be uneven and have bumps at the end! and look like crap.

so basically skin care is the #1 factor for makeup outcome-

so understanding your skin is important- is it dry? dehydrated? is it oily? combination? do you have acne? do you have scars? are the pores large or small? are you using a facial primer? and proper professional moisturizer ?

What ever the case may be it MUST be addressed and fixed before you even consider a flawless makeup finish!

I wont be here all night so ill type care for dry skin since i have it.

Here is what you'll need

1- never skip cleansing days , even if your tired do your steps before bed ALWAYS. one lazy day can setback skin's condition enormously .
2- Clinique Liquid soap Extra mild -( a must have) clinique Foaming mouse cleanser pink bottle** ( must have)
3- MAC -cosmetics - Microfine Refinisher ( total must A++)
Studio Moisture Fix( will end all dry skin no joke)
4-Bare minerals foundation in your shade- ( mineral makeup is the best and a must)
5-another foundation in a cream powder of your shade ( lighter for goth look)
6- mac black eyeshadow with gel liner - Blacktrack- and a brush for eyeshadow from mac. ( professional brushes are a MUST for flawless makeup finish.) and mac Mineral foundation in your shade.
- MEGA IMPORTANT-->> Mac - makeup removing wipes. these babies will ERASE makeup from your face restore essential oils and open your pores so they are ready for your face wash. NEVER USE BABY WIPES OR CHEAP WIPES THEY CONTAIN HORRIBLE THINGS THEY ARE MENT FOR ASSES NOT FACES.
8- clinique -Acne solutions clarifying lotion- Salicylic acid based NOT ALCOHOL BASED.

this skincare is good for all regular to dry skin people the acid will also brake oils for oily skinned people so its good for both. but this skincare regiment is killer good for acne control.

now steps to using these.

first tie hair back so it wont slap your face .. you don't want dirt or sebum from your hair on your face or neck.

2-) get 1 mac wipe and remove your makeup entirely start by rubbing them in a gentle circular motion with not a lot of pressure on your whole faces avoiding eyes and lips . Flip that wipe over.. now with that side remove all eye makeup then flip over again if needed for more eye remover then lips.

3- MIX your liquid soap from clinique with the foam mouse to create your own unique cleanser. clean the skin. warm water circular motions special attention to the nose chin and T zones.

4- Grab your microfine re-finisher from mac - get a little of it and mix it in a Cap or container with about 2 tablespoons of water. GENTLY rub all over face no pressure needed circular motions and gently. ( this step is once every other day so if you used it monday don't use it on tuesday wait til wendsday) over exfoliating can cause red spotting and even bursting of small veins in our face.

5-get a cotton pad not a cotton ball. and wet 25% of the pad with your toner. now apply to your face rubbing the cotton pad in. this will remove dead skin cells that survived the cleaning and even makeup which was deep in your pores.

6- Get your studio fix mac moisturizer and do 2 pumps. apply all over face and Really work it in!.

wallah! your face is on its way to perfection.

Now for--

Makeup applications---

Foundation--------

alright people its 2008 we have mineral makeups.. we love them we all know minerals rule woot woot.

So so you cleaned your face and used your moisturizer and went to bed.
when you wake up apply a little bit ( one pump) of your studio fix moisturizer all over and wait 2 minutes. NEVER wash face right before applying makeup unless you have super mega oily skin from hell.

Now get your mac liquid mineral foundation and using your fingers lightly cover the main areas in which you need coverage

usualy side burns upper lip- chin - t zone- nose. then do a thin coat all over the rest very very little foundation tho.

Now after thats set Get your Bare minerals- using the long brush it comes with. ( no the kabuki) kabuki brush is much too heavy and will cake.

Grab your bare minerals dip your bursh in it so that it leaves a semi visible buildup on the brush the dab it onto your face 5 times on a line THEN smooth out in circular motion.

after your bare minerals is on get your creme foundation-

IMPORTANT-

you need realistic goals if your not already natural pale your never going to pull off the dead look. you will always look Halloween .

SO create YOUR pale.

the creme foundation should be 1 or 2 shade slighter than your actual bare minerals. ( I am like WHITE like white as paper so I use Manic panic Goth white creme powder it actually doesn't make me any more white when I use it lol)

Dab your fingers getting a LIGHT amount of the creme foundation and spot it all over the face then blend in lightly.

Now your bare minerals and creme foundations should have mixed together.. Now apply a thin layer of Mineral veil from bare minerals. and boom your should be much more pale and look flawless baby.

Now EYESHADOW- is very very important see wearing dark clothes and dark eye makeup will make your skin look even whiter!.

when applying eyeshadow i personally hate eye primers. they make eyeshadow stick way too much and they become not easy to blend. Mac eyeshadow i can even swim with it it wont even move without primer so its pointless.

that being said. Grab your professional mac eye brush of choice. ( I like the mac 219 brush - 217 brush and bare minerals max coverage concealer brush)

also use a mac angle brush with your gel blacktrack eye liner.

use the angle to paint inside the eye ( your water line) then do a THIN line under lower lashes and upper eyelids.

Grab your 217 brush dip it in the eye shadow and tilt your head to the right when doing the right eye and left doing the left eye to avoid excess powder pigment from falling on your newly made pale skin. Black stains are NOt cute or cunt .
shade your eye back and forward following the crease. the secret is light applications about 12 times instead of heavy applications 3 times. See by applying light amounts you can blend blend blend!.

after you put your shadow around the eye liner get your 217 brush and blend it in circular motion and your concealer brush can be used to fix mistake or make eye shadow darker by dabbing and poking over the blend.

Lips-

Avoid black lipstick. do a dark cherry instead then coat it with black lip glass.

why?

well a- black lips look entirely too halloween and fake. and they will bleed and look bad if not done perfect.Black lips need to be airbrushed on with a stencil. now. get a dark dark dark cherry red Mac pro longwear lipstick, and some mac lipglass. shimmer or plain your choice.

apply the lipstick then mix your black eye shadow inside your clear lip gloss and put it over the cherry red. this will leave a smooth rich texture and its easy to apply.

Use a VERY pink blush. and smile and blush the apples of your cheeks if your female. this will make your white skin look even more pale and help create a beautiful bone structure. Males don't need to unless they want to look feminine. then go ahead woot woot.

For more tips and tricks ( special yhaircolor an dhair health)

send me message at

KittyCatLovesu

Aol instant messenger****

smooch

Stay goth stay rocking stay beautiful bitches!

Profile picture shows the makeup routine

hope you like!
NicoletteDifiorre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

Wow.
Um, thanks for the advice, but I can't say I agree that "makeup is everything in life."
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteDifiorre
never skip cleansing days , even if your tired do your steps before bed ALWAYS. one lazy day can setback skin's condition enormously

you don't want dirt or sebum from your hair on your face or neck.

Grab your microfine re-finisher from mac

bursting of small veins in our face.

alright people its 2008 we have mineral makeups.. we love them we all know minerals rule woot woot.

usualy side burns upper lip- chin - t zone- nose.

Grab your professional mac eye brush of choice. ( I like the mac 219 brush - 217 brush and bare minerals max coverage concealer brush)

Stay goth stay rocking stay beautiful bitches!
These made me laugh at you.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
Solumina

Go to the intro section and post and introduction if you want to join our little community.

Also if that is you in your profile pic then go eat a sandwich you're looking more than a little unhealthy.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
vng2

Quote:
So so you cleaned your face and used your moisturizer and went to bed.
when you wake up apply a little bit ( one pump) of your studio fix moisturizer all over and wait 2 minutes. NEVER wash face right before applying makeup unless you have super mega oily skin from hell.
So you mean you're never supposed wash your face in the morning?
vng2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #6
Solumina

There is no problem with washing your face before you put on makeup (though you should use a gentle cleanser and definitely not something that exfoliates), you should just also moisturize and give that moisturizer a chance to soak into your skin before you apply your makeup.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #7
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vng2
So you mean you're never supposed wash your face in the morning?
Nah, you'd bust an artery doing that.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:11 PM   #8
vng2

Yeah but I have like on and off between combination or just naturally teenager oily skin (depending on what season) and I've always washed my face to help wake up in the morning before, so does that mean that's something that needs to be changed in my routine? Oh and yeah its a gentle clenser I use solumina then a toner or a clarifying lotion, then a moisturizer before I apply make up.
vng2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #9
Solumina

Just make sure to wait 2-5 minutes after you moisturize and then put on your makeup.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-10-2008, 06:10 PM   #10
Unimatrix 00

Thank you for this wealth of information, but I already knew it. I too understand that MAC is the best, nothing else can compare. Also the importance of quality makeup brushes. Clinique is good for ones skin too. I use their soap and their clarifying lotion (I cant live without it; I am number 2 (Combination dry skin)).

If I'm being honest, I think we're going to be really good friends here NicoletteDifiorre. *gentle kiss on the cheek then blushes* x x x x
Unimatrix 00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #11
Delkaetre

I wear almost no makeup. On the occasions that I do, I wash my face, put on a little moisturiser, use a light concealer on blotches, then a pale powder, a touch of colour on the lips sealed with a clear gloss, black and sea green shadow on the eyes, and black kohl eyeliner on the inner lids, tailing up to the outer edge to guide the eye as the shadow fades.
This all looks simple, minimal, and creates impact. It's cheaper than the Mac stuff, and works with my personal skintone, hair colour, and colour preferences. Note that this did not require several paragraphs and a pep talk.

The OP appears, looking like a painted skeleton, and tells us all that we're DOING IT WRONG and immediately launches into a great long instruction, apparently written for cheerleaders judging by the amount of 'peppy' little phrases thrown into it. Instruction, I note, that seems little more than an elongated advertisement for Clinique and Mac.
Painted skeleton hasn't the decency to give us an intro first.
Painted skeleton copypastas the Instructional Advertisement into another thread.

The EA isn't even well assembled, and assumes we all want the exact same look rather than suggesting that at any point we may wish to deviate to create our own look. It's very much the didactic Teacher Speaking Unto Ignorant Pupil style. She insults our intelligence, our personal aesthetic, our ability to create our own look, and does all this from the standpoint of an exceptionally shallow individual. Or so it seems to me.

Her information may be very useful to some people, but it's the writing style that really offends me rather than the information in it.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:26 PM   #12
Solumina

...go out and have fun?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #13
Unimatrix 00

Don't listen to him Solumnina *hug* poisinedblueeyes is an ugly piece of shit and deserves no attention. I fucking hate her.

How are you Solumina? It's been a while. x
Old 10-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #14
TheBloodEternity

I like Urban Decay better than MAC.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #15
Solumina

I've been okay, I was sick for a few days but I seem to be healthy now. How have you been Uni?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #16
Solumina

I don't know about that, I saw your pics, they look more like an asexual bloby thing than a female
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #17
Geoluhread

Yay!! The troll keeps coming back and making me laugh!!
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #18
honeythorn

What annoys me about this is that the OP assumes from the getgo that we don't know any of this stuff. Plenty of us do. I use MAC foundation when I can afford it, but only because it's the palest one I can find to suit me at the moment ( seriously, all but MAC and Collection 2000 look orange on me ) I find Urban Decay to be utter shit.

I don't wear heavy makeup every day. Usually just liner on the top lid ( the usual wet-dry Benefit one I've mentioned before ) and a bit of a nice purple eyeshadow by Bourgeouis(sp?). I don't wear lipstick very often at all as I have a weird little mouth that looks a bit odd with lipstick. I have no need of it at work, as I work in a warehouse with 3 blokes and have to get up at 6 AM so really....I can't be arsed.

Oh..I have tried that Clinique acne lotion before. CRAP. I have had acne since I was 11 and still have it now. I've tried everything I can afford off the shelf, including the Clinique , and none of them work. Even the doctor could not cure my acne. It's calmed down a fair bit now but is still a noticeable presence .

It may be ok if you have the odd spot or two, but for those of us with actual acne ....No.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #19
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
I don't know about that, I saw your pics, they look more like an asexual bloby thing than a female
I am always reminded of a cross between Marylin Manson ( before you even think it..no that is not a compliment Poisonedblueyes ) and Sadsack from the raggydolls......
Old 10-11-2008, 05:50 PM   #20
Solumina

Glad that we can amuse you, shame you don't return the favor
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-11-2008, 11:34 PM   #21
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonedblueeyes
oh havent u seen my youtube?

t h a t alone should entertian u for hours. im Xscenelaura on youtube i comment all the wannabe emos that make videos on how to do their makeup in the "EMO" & "scene" way. its hilarious!
Not really. Why do you not have any eyebrows? It kind of weirds me out, and reminds me of my grandma.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:46 AM   #22
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonedblueeyes
oh havent u seen my youtube?

t h a t alone should entertian u for hours. im Xscenelaura on youtube i comment all the wannabe emos that make videos on how to do their makeup in the "EMO" & "scene" way. its hilarious!
I honestly didn't understand any of this... Only that you have a video on YouTube.

Now how do you expect us to communicate properly when you refuse to talk an understandable language (that we're sure that you can talk)?
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:46 AM   #23
Unimatrix 00

I hate this scene laura sooooo fucking much. Here's her youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12uzl...eature=related

Plz plz plz leaver her nasty fucking comments. I hate her soooo much.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:47 AM   #24
MegearaErotica

If you have no eyebrows, how do they rock? I don't understand what "im just so hot fap 2 mai vids!" means...
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #25
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimatrix 00
I hate this scene laura sooooo fucking much. Here's her youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12uzl...eature=related

Plz plz plz leaver her nasty fucking comments. I hate her soooo much.
No. You want people to leave coments on the page of someone YOU do not like? In other posts you have wished for someone to get run over by a bus and OH! hang on...

Quote:
If I'm being honest, I think we're going to be really good friends here NicoletteDifiorre. *gentle kiss on the cheek then blushes* x x x x
As for that? Posting that to someone who seems to have popped up from nowhere with random and unnessescary makeup tips who is clearly promoting something.....is just really disturbing. In fact posting that to anyone at all is really disturbing.