Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #76
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
They do however, smell just as bad.
Sad. I smell fantastic.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:53 AM   #77
Stormtrooper of Death

I'd just like throw something out here. Aren't we all supposed to be part of one big counterculture? Aren't we supposed to be united and all that? If we are, why are we attacking each other's religious beliefs? All I'm saying is that we focus our efforts on something more productive........
Old 04-29-2010, 06:02 AM   #78
ape descendant

What did you have in mind?

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:19 AM   #79
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Sad. I smell fantastic.
I'd be lying if I said I hadn't wondered.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:20 AM   #80
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death View Post
I'd just like throw something out here. Aren't we all supposed to be part of one big counterculture? Aren't we supposed to be united and all that? If we are, why are we attacking each other's religious beliefs? All I'm saying is that we focus our efforts on something more productive........
Fuck "counterculture."
Fucking retarded phrase.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Old 04-29-2010, 07:26 AM   #81
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Fuck you for thinking we're somehow "united" because we both like to wear black clothing sometimes.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:05 AM   #82
ART

Oh, the crushed illusions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpKWJZQDAjY
ART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:21 AM   #83
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Fuck you for thinking we're somehow "united" because we both like to wear black clothing sometimes.
Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #84
Stormtrooper of Death

I thought I'd try to be "Productive Not Destructive" (if you know where this reference is from, you rule) here, the fact of the matter is that you guys suck.

That is all.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:44 AM   #85
ART

Another quote -- no points for knowing the reference though: Why so serious?

Life is far to bizarre to be taken seriously, and from that easily follows that Internet forums aren't to be taken seriously either.
Face it, no big truths will ever surface here. And the bickering is reasonably friendly, no?
ART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #86
Despanan

Quote:
why are we attacking each other's religious beliefs?
Because some people's beliefs are stupid, and they seem to think that because it's "their religion" that they are somehow immune to criticism.

Hey Carrion, Did you tangle with that ghost yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:30 AM   #87
KontanKarite

Quote:
If we are, why are we attacking each other's religious beliefs?
Not all beliefs are equal. Some are actually better than others and some are down right dangerous.

Respecting others' spiritual beliefs is a cute idea and it'd be nice if it were possible, but as long as these things affect our social climate, you can't logically be passive about them when these discussions arise. Too many religions have very concrete hard-line demands on how to be human and these things do need to be kept in check, even if mockery on the interbutts is one of those ways.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #88
TheHandThatFeeds

Interessting debate.

I personally wear a small pentagram I got custom made under my shirt, so that is only for my own cause. On my old coat I had a patch of a pentagram on each side of the collar though, I guess that was both for the symbolism and fashion statement. First time my dad saw me with it on he actually asked why I was wearing a jew star
I dont call myself a pagan by the way, but I do indentify with alot of the same beliefs, and the symbolism of the five elements which the pentagram (star with circle around) stands for.
I dont realy have a stance on the Wicca stuff, other than I believe its a pop-version of paganism. Which is good in the sense that it brings more notice to it, but bad in the sense that most people misunderstand it.

/rant
I also love bonfires, and would enjoy comming to Beltaine but havent done so the last many years since essencially, the people who does it celebrates the burning of witches (or paganists) which was done in the middle-age, eventhough its frowned upon burning people today. Thats essentially whats happening, just as a symbol instead. And people at Beltaine find it amusing which disgusts me.

Also to the one who said that believing in a religion doesnt hurt anyone else, you maybe doesnt, but I can sure tell you that the christianism of middleage did as witches where burnt and tortured, and Temple Knights raided jerusalem and slaugthered civillians, or when they forced my heathen viking ancestors to become christian. Or when Muslim teorrists bombed world trade center and are currently at war in Afghanistan.
And this is just examples, I'm pretty sure followers of every religion has done horribly crimes, including Pagans.
/rant over

By the way, to the one who wanted to wear a rosary course they liked the wooden beards, why not get a rosary and just leave the cross off..?

Oh, and regarding the fashion statement, I'm pretty sure quite alot of goths wear ankhs/crosses for the fashion with the victorian/graveyard/gothic arcitecture stuff. Thats just a steriotyping though. But I see alot of them getting sold as assescories in gothic shops.
TheHandThatFeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #89
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHandThatFeeds View Post
the symbolism of the five elements which the pentagram (star with circle around) stands for.
Nope.
That's only relatively recently.
It dates back a quite bit further than Agrippa.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #90
honeythorn

Quote:
celebrates the burning of witches (or paganists) which was done in the middle-age,
No it wasn't. Burning was an extremely rare form of death penalty. Drowning and hanging were far more widely used.

Burning people to death for being a witch however is actually still practiced in some African countries even today.

WARNING - the below link shows someone being burned alive, which I'm posting to somewhat validate the above statement. Don't click if you know it will upset you, it is horrible and graphic.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dae_1236854361
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #91
TheHandThatFeeds

Damn f*ck that was a horrible clip.
Its thousand times worse what is happening there than what we take as Beltaine but Its still disgusting that, trying not to sound racistic, us people is more "civilized" countries, while not practicing such thing. Still make a party out of giving it symbolism in a positive way.
I know witches also got executed in other ways, such as tied to a cross and drowned. Not even thinking about all the tortoure they went through first to get them to admit being witches, but burning is probaly the most widely known today. And the most horrific sounding.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #92
korinna5555

You fuck head, Belatine is an ancient holiday and was celebrated with bonfires well before the Middle Ages.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #93
Still Jack

I have to say I find pretty retarded if you run around with a cross or whatever and then don't actually believe in the great cookie monster in the sky. Kinda like running around with car keys and not actually owning a car.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #94
Stormtrooper of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Because some people's beliefs are stupid, and they seem to think that because it's "their religion" that they are somehow immune to criticism.

Hey Carrion, Did you tangle with that ghost yet?
This thread was started to explain why you WORE PIECES OF JEWELRY, not to attack people for their religious beliefs, and when you insult one of my best friends, you're crossing the line. She just stated why she wore it, and then some douchbage has to critque everything, and then some more douchebags have to join in too, it's fucking stupid, no wonder why people have wars and fight so much, because some idiot has to insult somebody else and then that idiot gets his buddies to gang up on that person and be an asshole.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:34 AM   #95
korinna5555

Quote:
that idiot gets his buddies to gang up on that person and be an asshole.
Aren't you doing the exact same thing by getting butt-hurt that some people disagree with what she said?
Old 04-30-2010, 06:45 AM   #96
MissCheyenne

Quote:
This thread was started to explain why you WORE PIECES OF JEWELRY,
I thought this thread was started so people could explain why they wore RELIGIOUS symbols. Religious symbols are not just any old piece of jewellery, whether or not you believe in the particular religion that the symbol is used to represent. As far as I'm concerned, if you can't adequately defend why you wear a religious symbol, then you deserve all the shit you get. There's just no need for you to jump to your friends defense over it, if she can't reasonably explain her own position on the subject, that's her problem. Don't get so butt-hurt over something that's not even yours to defend.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:48 AM   #97
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
I thought this thread was started so people could explain why they wore RELIGIOUS symbols. Religious symbols are not just any old piece of jewellery, whether or not you believe in the particular religion that the symbol is used to represent. As far as I'm concerned, if you can't adequately defend why you wear a religious symbol, then you deserve all the shit you get. There's just no need for you to jump to your friends defense over it, if she can't reasonably explain her own position on the subject, that's her problem. Don't get so butt-hurt over something that's not even yours to defend.
++
Well said, madam.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:56 AM   #98
TheHandThatFeeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
You fuck head, Belatine is an ancient holiday and was celebrated with bonfires well before the Middle Ages.
Fuckhead yourself, Ofcourse I know that. But the people in my area that holds it locally each years does it by celebrating burning a fake witch.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:00 AM   #99
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHandThatFeeds View Post
Fuckhead yourself, Ofcourse I know that. But the people in my area that holds it locally each years does it by celebrating burning a fake witch.
Then you should really learn how to word your posts, because you said absolutely nothing about the people in your area. Dumb ass.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #100
Underwater Ophelia

He also didn't say anything about people everywhere doing it.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote