Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:31 AM   #1
$haDe

Am I that 'Suck'?

I have never do the whining before

Today is the last day of the summer course at my new school

And there was a party
that everyone in the school knew about it
everyone except me

I knew it when they were putting on the poster and stuffs.

I 'was' so exciting about this party

But when it's the time.

My friend drag me out and asked me to leave before they started

they said that I always screwd all up.
They called me 'happy-sucker' my friend told me that she told the others that i'm not invited and due to my special talent,suck all the happiness from people,I do not belong here

My boyfriend walk out of the crowd and said "You're not leaving. 'We' are leaving"
His friends look upset and try to hold him at the party

I told him to stay. "It's my turn to do the dinner,isn't it?" i said

He let me leave after i asked him for the third time

before i left the building i heard 'my' friend said "How can u make it with that psycho slut,throw him away before he ruins your life"

Fortunately,He told the bitch "Shut the hell up!! Get lost,trash!!"
Or else...

When he got home,about nine

He walk straight to me and give a hug while saying
"Don't worry,I'll talk to them"

Okay!! I'm afraid of that he'll have no friend 'cos of me!

People says(not much talk to me recently)i have a problem
-Sometimes,I act childish
-I don't like to join when people have a conversation (opposite to here,hehe)
-I got a dim thing from my past..
-I am not capable of making others laugh,which in very common in Thailand to make other people laugh
-I have a darker point of view than usual
-I'm able to control my mood in almost every situation no matter what kind o shit that throw at me,I do not respond

I never laugh to much or easily pissed off

All the above make me 'different' from what they expected
and they never tried to get along with me while i tried so hard to be accepted

Well,I hate being ignored...or .. What would u guy says,g.net?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #2
Tam Li Hua

Whoa, that's harsh!

I think that you have a wonderful boyfriend, and that if I was there, we'd throw our -own- party, and none of those other people would be invited.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #3
$haDe

Nah,It is harsh

I just want to know what's wrong with me though
Old 08-19-2008, 11:34 AM   #4
Manamei

Nothing's wrong with you. It's just sometimes people are stupid and look at your negative sides and only that...or try to make something up. It's really dumb.
You don't sound like a bad person to me

-Mei
Manamei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #5
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Sometimes people just don't want to look at positives in different people. If you're different they see that as a bad thing, and then try to point out everything that is bad about you.

You have plenty of positives. At least from what I have seen on the boards, you are a nice and caring person. And you can make people laugh here.

There's nothing wrong with you.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #6
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Hugs $haDe

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #7
Calypso

Well, they're just full of shit. They have a complex, and it makes them feel good to do something "wrong," like exclude you. They really have no valid reason, but twisted people have to make up something so they don't feel like the assholes they are. Nothing wrong with you, you actually have talent if you can control your emotional reactions.
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
(heartofflames)

You should come here and join the Gnet party ^_^

Awww... <hugs> poor baby...
Oh well, best you can do is ignore it and keep in mind that you are loved by the people on the boards and by your boyfriend.

Charlotte: You're probably just having a mid-life crisis. Did you buy a Porsche yet?
(heartofflames) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:47 PM   #9
Godslayer Jillian

How do you act at parties?
I would recommend you to tell your boyfriend to help you have people like you more at gatherings. He might give you some tips, and if you stay with him in the parties, then you don't have to say a lot if you don't want to and you'll just look shy but enjoying.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:21 PM   #10
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
How do you act at parties?
I would recommend you to tell your boyfriend to help you have people like you more at gatherings. He might give you some tips, and if you stay with him in the parties, then you don't have to say a lot if you don't want to and you'll just look shy but enjoying.

I thought so, But I couldn't stand the shit that my friend did..I just can't believe she did that to me
Old 08-19-2008, 08:28 PM   #11
$haDe

Well,At least the school is off.

And i don't have to look at their faces until the 1st of September

The gap might cool me down,thinking about myself.

So the point is,I don't blame them...seriously I'd like to find myself something wrong before finding others

Then I'm here,asking u guy. Is there something fit in high school community (It's a new school,less then 50 students) that I'm missing?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #12
Calypso

Maybe you're just not good at being a sheep?
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:09 PM   #13
Godslayer Jillian

Oh yeah, that's definitely it. He's so independent and unique that people are jealous of his individualism.
Come on!
That's just bullshit.
$hade is a cool person, that's already a given. There's absolutely no need to give bullshit advice to "make him feel special" or some other idiocy like that.
Being liked does not make you a sheep. It makes you well liked. How about offering some genuine consolation (like Humane) or some genuine advice (like mine) rather than arbitrarily saying that if there's a problem, it must be in the others.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #14
Catch

$hade, why not tackle the problem one step at a time.

You say you need to be better at making other people laugh, so think of a humorous catch phrase. Then you can practice it and when in doubt, throw out the humorous phrase. (Also helpful, because you don't have to think of new material all of the time.)

Them wanting to keep your boyfriend at the party makes me suspicious. I wonder if they feel he would be better with them. Jealousy is unattractive. Make sure you attack the girls responsible, not you boyfriend. Cattiness is an artform. Try to not get a bad reputation.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:49 AM   #15
$haDe

I tried that before,Catch

Didn't work... -_-

Seriously,I did have to know if there's something I missed
Or,Am I too boring...
Old 08-21-2008, 06:10 AM   #16
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
You say you need to be better at making other people laugh, so think of a humorous catch phrase. Then you can practice it and when in doubt, throw out the humorous phrase. (Also helpful, because you don't have to think of new material all of the time.)
... A catchphrase? He doesn't want to be a fucking TV presenter.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:35 AM   #17
Kristin

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
Nah,It is harsh

I just want to know what's wrong with me though
Chances are there's nothing much wrong with you other than you just don't fit in. It was like that for me in high school too, no matter how much I tried to fit in or be liked, nothing worked. I'm very shy, and when I tried to act more friendly, it just wasn't natural because it wasn't me, even though I'm a truly nice person under the shyness. People just didn't take to me. And many of them were mean to me too, for no reason I could figure out.

I stopped trying to fit in and just did my own thing. I didn't try to go to parties or anywhere where I knew I'd be uncomfortable or unwanted. That friend of yours who said you weren't invited isn't a true friend. Those who stick up for you are.

Other than ignoring the mean people, you could try a friendly smile, and maybe learning how to make people like you by getting them involved in conversations about THEMSELVES. People love talking about themselves, and if you appear interested in them, ask them questions about their hobbies and lives, etc. and listen earnestly, they'll see you as an interesting and friendly person. It's a good personality trait to practice.

If none of this helps, then you'll just have to realize that high school sucks for many people, but it will eventually be over and then you'll be exposed to more mature and friendly people. Some never grow out of that catty high school attitude, but for the most part, once it's over it's over, and then you can find some REAL friends.

And for the record, there are lots of people I've only met on the Internet and never in real life, but I've known them for years and consider them my real friends too. So it seems like you already have quite of few of those here.
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:46 AM   #18
$haDe

Yeah,U r right, Kristin

That might help. I'll try

Thanks,btw
Old 08-21-2008, 07:05 AM   #19
Kristin

Well, I hope it helps at least a little. I do know just how you feel. It also didn't help that my sister was Little Miss Popular. Ugh. LOL
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:15 AM   #20
$haDe

Same here,But my boyfriend is Mr. Poppular

Until the 1st,Sep I don't have to worried this problem
Old 08-24-2008, 08:37 AM   #21
Jaye Jang

Shade, You're totally cool. Don't let the turkeys get you down. Just be yourself. As for being different, hey, I catch the same stuff at work. I used to feel bad about that, then I started taking a close look at my coworkers. Except for a very small handful, they are shallow, superficial, vacuous and vindictive. In short, I'd have to have my brain taken out to act like them, and that's not going to happen. (Unfortunately the total bubbleheads are the ones who think they are soooo cool). However, there are about four or five people I work with who are actually cool, so I hang out with them. Sometimes, you just have to take the 'meat' with the 'bones', dude. Try to find the genuinely cool people at your school (the ones who accept you as you are -- in short, who are not buttheads) and hang out with them. (I also wear a T-shirt under my work uniform. It would get me in hot water if my boss found out, but it helps me get through the day. It says, "It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys." Try something like that. Then when people diss you, you can smile at them because you know something they don't).
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #22
$haDe

Okay,That should help

Although,there aren't much people in my school,I believed the 'cool' guy have to be around
Old 08-24-2008, 09:31 AM   #23
Sir_Vex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
Make sure you attack the girls responsible, not you boyfriend. Cattiness is an artform. Try to not get a bad reputation.
There shouldn't be any targeting!!! From what $hade has said, it's probably best to just leave them alone to do their own thing and find new friends. Someone out there will accept $hade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
... A catchphrase? He doesn't want to be a fucking TV presenter.
I agree. A catchphrase is stupid.
Sir_Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #24
Jaye Jang

Hey, Shade. There are cool people at your school. Have to be. There are cool people most places. If you don't find them, they will eventually find you. Just hang tough, and keep your chin up.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:59 PM   #25
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
Same here,But my boyfriend is Mr. Poppular

Until the 1st,Sep I don't have to worried this problem
I think you like your boyfriend and would like to marry him. If he was awful, I would say be yourself. Just showing some effort to get along with everyone should allieve the gossip.

I'm sorry, but people make sacrifices for love. Despite what people are saying to you, try get along.