Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:39 PM   #76
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye_falling
Sorry, that was condescending and uncalled for. I feel sheepish.
Around here, we love condescending and uncalled for.
We just don't like useless.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #77
gothicusmaximus

A great one today.

Her: (To my roommate) "Only smart girls like [Gothicus]"
Me: "What about Xxxxxx Xxxxx?"
Her: "She didn't actually like you."
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:16 AM   #78
$haDe

That was... awesome!!

Your mom said Oh my God, but my mom threw me out and I lived n my own with no legal guardian ever since.

You have such an awesome environment and surrounding.

holy crap...
Old 10-13-2008, 07:51 AM   #79
crazypunkrckr

My mom is pretty alright. She lets me buy goth stuff and she even dyes my hair black so I really have nothing to complain about with her. My dad hates it but he's really cool about my sense of style.
crazypunkrckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:57 AM   #80
jack_the_knife

My Parents are Ok. My dad is really into blues and jazz ( The blues band, BB King ) , but my mum listens to Nightwish and The Clash. They let me do pretty much whatever I want. My sister is a complete petrolhead and drives a modified Jaguar Mk3 XJ6, she's great .
The only thing I really ever got told off for was coming home shitfaced at 4 in the morning and throwing up on my mums favorite rug... : /
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:01 AM   #81
Tam Li Hua

If she were alive today [or if she is watching me from the spiritual realm] she probably wouldn't care that much. Sure, she'd think it was weird, but then again, she's -always- wanted me to wear make-up and pretty clothes and all that.

Hell, she'd probably just be glad that I actually care about my appearance now, even if I -do- wear all-black. XD

As for my dad, he's a 72 year old classical/jazz upright bass player with a diamond stud in one ear, so even if he makes a comment about my style, I don't really think he cares. XD
Old 10-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #82
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
That was... awesome!!

Your mom said Oh my God, but my mom threw me out and I lived n my own with no legal guardian ever since.

You have such an awesome environment and surrounding.

holy crap...
*hugs $hade*

If I was there, [and if I had my own place], I'd totally invite you over to stay for a while.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #83
noveleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Apparently it skips a generation-

My 80 year old grandmother (poking a stud on my pants): You know, I was reading a fashion magazine and I was thinking of dressing as a goth, you know with really dark hair and dark makeup and red lipstick.
My mom: Makes sense, my son has your annoying gene.
I had to clean coffee off of my computer screen after I read that, lol! Your family sounds great.

My parents have always been very supportive in just about everything. In all honesty, I think that Mom is just thankful that I started wearing makeup and wearing more feminine clothes (since I tend to go for the victorian-ish style clothing whenever possible). Neither of them care what I do because they trust me not to be stupid enough to do something and get arrested.The parental units are, in all honesty, partially the reason I became interested in the gothic sub-culture to begin with.

When I was too young to read, my Mother would read to me from her collection of Edgar Allen Poe's works, all before bedtime. Dad used to go out of the way on vacations to find haunted tours, and we would actively ask locals about creepy places and any sort of local legends. We would take drives on weekends to find old cemeteries and just walk around them, looking at all the tombstones. Whenever I found (and still find) a new band I like, both of them always want to hear it. If they don't like it, they're fine...but if they do they demand a copy. Heh.
noveleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:23 PM   #84
dead_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Apparently it skips a generation-

My 80 year old grandmother (poking a stud on my pants): You know, I was reading a fashion magazine and I was thinking of dressing as a goth, you know with really dark hair and dark makeup and red lipstick.
My mom: Makes sense, my son has your annoying gene.
Your grandma sounds a bit like mine
dead_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:35 PM   #85
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
Oh! Something I'd like to relate...
Okay so I'm a huge fan of the manga Hellsing (not much else, people I'm not a fangirl.... >_> ) and I had a pic of the main character (standing with a huge gun, coming out of a coffin, with bats flying out) laying on my bedside table and she freaked beyond belief. And then she went to my psychiatrist (at the time, he was just there to prescribe my ADHD meds) and told me "Oh she wears black all the time and she doesn't talk to me about anything so she must be depressed and then I found this pic and I'm so worried...." and then the stupid psychiatrist, without even talking to me or asking questions (I.e. have you had any thoughts of suicide? How happy would you consider yourself 1-10) he told me to come in the room, sat me down, and said "You're going to start taking depression meds." Just like that. It was a huge wtf for me so I refused to take them, so his response was, "Okay we're putting you in a mental hospital." Okay so that didn't happen, immediately at least. Then one day my mother tells me I'm going to have my blood drawn and instead has me admitted to the mental hospital where I was put in with people who had actually tried to kill themselves/runaways. When they admitted me they asked me if I had any scars/cuts I needed to show them to photograph and I said "no" and the lady admitting me looked around the corner at my mother and then whispered "Then why are you hear, dear?" The hospital kicked me out in half the time anyone is supposed to stay, because, after evaluating me, nothing was wrong. Duh. When I got home my mother had taken my cell phone and computer, disconnected the home phone, and to top it all off, burned all of my drawings. All of my drawings, that took me hours to do. All of this just because she thought I was depressed because I wear black.
Wow. That sounds like my grandmother. She's a bit too overly Christian for my liking and thinks that I am "possessed by the devil" because I wear black and draw "dark-looking stuff". She burned some of my gothic jewellery about two years back, just because my uncle told her that "that kind of jewellery represents evil." She won't let me go anywhere with her or let any of her "old lady friends" see me when I'm not wearing something bright and happy. She even tried to "exorcise" my room once, lol. I didn't speak to her for days after she burned my things. And right now, my sketch pad is missing and no one can tell me where it is. I am beginning to suspect................

And then there's my mother. She took away all my cd's, my black clothes, my jewellery and stopped me from seeing my then boyfriend in late 2006 all because I said I didn't want to go to church with them anymore (even though I had ALWAYS been against church). They had been forcing me to go for years, and I finally got sick of it. But all that did, was to make her take my stuff away. She believed my grandmother, who said it was all coming from the "evil music" I listened to. When I stopped talking to them and had random breakdowns, she said she wanted me to see a psychiatrist. I refused. I managed to build back up my stuff and now she just leaves me alone and doesn't force me to go to church anymore.

And the funny thing is, she never seemed to notice that the more they tried to subdue me, the worse I would get.
"And as always, innocent like roller coasters. Fatality is like ghosts in snow and you have no idea what you're up against because I've seen what they look like. Becoming perfect as if they were sterling silver chainsaws going cascading......."
~Angel_Of_Darkness~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #86
JCC

Wow, everyone's families are assholes.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #87
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Wow, everyone's families are assholes.

I am lucky enough to have 1 good parent.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #88
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

Half the people on here seem to have really cool parents/grandparents tho. The only people who seem to have annoying 'rents are the underage people. And all that shit I just wrote about- happened before I turned 18. I am now 19 and my mother only feebly tried to drag me to church a few times before giving up completely. And I'm moving out in a couple months anyway.
"And as always, innocent like roller coasters. Fatality is like ghosts in snow and you have no idea what you're up against because I've seen what they look like. Becoming perfect as if they were sterling silver chainsaws going cascading......."
~Angel_Of_Darkness~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #89
MegearaErotica

All three of my parents are douchebags. My real dad kidnapped me and locked me in a closet for around three days when I was 4 years old, my stepdad is an alchoholic with nothing better to do than call me a moron, and my mom is an christian fanatic who screams at me everyday about how I dress. If you can't tell, I'm having a really bad day and need to vent somewhere.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:49 PM   #90
noveleigh

Oh geez, Megeara....there's not even a good way to say "I'm sorry" for the shit you've been through.
noveleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:54 PM   #91
Xombie

Uhmm. My mom's cool, my dad doesn't matter, and my grandparents think I'm neat. :]
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:55 PM   #92
Cicero

My family are all awesome. The only one that's ever had a problem with my style is my sister, and that's only because it got in the way of her making money off me in her modeling agency. But even she's admitted now that my deathhawk suits me, and came to the Return of the Batcave with me, too, despite the fact she wanted to leave the whole time (and ended up really enjoying the Sex Gang Children, haha).

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #93
Saya

My mom's okay, she used to freak out at my appearance screaming "You'll never get a job like that!" Mind you in highschool I couldn't apply makeup very well or style my hair nicely, so I did look pretty funny, I completely understand where she was coming from. Now I've grown into my own look so to speak, and she's cool with it.

I recently got in touch with my father for the first time in years, its kinda creepy that we are alike. When I was little and saw Indiana Jones for the first time I wanted to be an archaeologist, just to explain why our conversation was a little creepy.

Dad: What are you gonna do when you graduate?
Me: Get my masters, become an archaeologist.
Dad: ......Like Indiana Jones?
Me: .....Yes. I shall travel the world, recover lost artifacts-
Dad: And punch out Nazis?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:07 AM   #94
Jaye Jang

Wink

Gothicus, your grandmother so sounds like my mom. She wound up in the hospital a few weeks ago. She totally does NOT like her doctor. So, when she woke up, there the poor schmuck was, holding her hand and trying desperately to do a 'neuro' check. He made the mistake of asking the Momster if she knew where she was, which she told me she thought was a 'stupid' question. She told him she knew where she wasn't. He asked where that was. She replied, "In Heaven." He asked why. She replied, "Because you're here." She then went on to tell him she also knew she was not at home because she was in bed and it was not HER bed, but it was definitely not a hotel bed, either. He asked how she knew that. She replied, "For the same reason I know I'm not in Heaven, genius. Because you're here." She then informed him that the likelihood that they would wind up in a hotel room together was "not going to happen in your lifetime." My mom's spin on my gothness, "If I had a head that looked like that I'd cover it with something, too."
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:30 AM   #95
ellelino

well my parents have never been around much while I was growing up, but whenever they'd come on vacations and stuff, they'd freak out on my looks, then when they were finally ok with it, and they stopped bothering me, I stopped with the whole gothic look, for a while, and when they were finally happy with me, I moved out... hehe
that was 5 years ago, but i still live on my own
ellelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:59 AM   #96
NightmareInShiningArmour

My mum is gonna show me how to create some fishnet sleeves ^_^
She's pretty cool. Gives me some idea's sometimes.

My dad on the other hand... he's cool apart from his lack of enthusiasm towards my music and clothing.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:04 AM   #97
NightmareInShiningArmour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
My family are all awesome. The only one that's ever had a problem with my style is my sister, and that's only because it got in the way of her making money off me in her modeling agency. But even she's admitted now that my deathhawk suits me, and came to the Return of the Batcave with me, too, despite the fact she wanted to leave the whole time (and ended up really enjoying the Sex Gang Children, haha).
It looks great on you!
I'm jealous you went to the Batcave

I'd love my family to be as cool as your family.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:41 AM   #98
StrangeLove

After reading all these, I feel pretty lucky my parents are actually rather awesome and I get a lot of my own beliefs formed from them.

My mother encouraged my own self expression, of living independently and not buying into the mass influence of clothing and music. She was especially proud when I spent more time in my teenage days obsessing over music, writing, and school instead of the "hot celebrity boy of the moment" and Abercrombie and Fitch.

My father works as a government auditor, and encouraged a lot of my political and religious views [we're both athiests]. The amount of government money waste he has seen is amazing and disturbing. The history of my father's family is extremely interesting [an exiled great-grandfather from Russia, and his father is a Holocaust survivor, amongst other things].
StrangeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:12 AM   #99
xXEducatedSocialiteXx

Lol.
My mother is like that.
If she see's me wearing dark eye make-up, she immedeatly assumes that I'm a Goth and goes "Take that eyeliner off right now young lady!".
I just ignore her.
She's a steriotypical so-and-so.
I am so glad that my boyfriend isn't like that.....
xXEducatedSocialiteXx is offline   Reply With Quote