Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 05-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
angledust

You're right

Maybe i am stupid and Maybe I don't know what i'm doing here. But i do know that anybody who voted for Bush was wrong. I am sorry for all Your time I wasted I will not write about Bush again but that dosent mean I have changed my mind. What i said about Bush was all true.
angledust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

You still haven't told me which law has Bush broken, angledust.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:35 AM   #3
Wise Child

I'm really starting to think troll.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:08 AM   #4
Demonista_Ravenesque

Go Away.

Your futile attempts at apologising are FAILING!

I hope you get sold to a circus so we don't have to put up with you.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:58 AM   #5
angledust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela

Get a fucking backbone and make up your own goddamn mind.
I got a fucking backbone. These are all my thoughts nobody elses so u can all go to hell.
angledust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:36 AM   #6
spookypurple

Just an observation - did this really require its own thread?

Unless.....

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:01 AM   #7
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonista_Ravenesque

I hope you get sold to a circus so we don't have to put up with you.
Could you be anymore fucking fabulous??

I think not.

That's just about the funniest fucking thing I have read in a loooong time.

You. Rule.

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:50 PM   #8
A Simple Poet

Didn't we lambast this she-troll elsewhere? I voted for Bush. Twice. I agreed with a lot of what he stood for at the time. I am not exactly amazed by what he has done since then. Does that make me wrong? I don't think so. Tell me, angeldust, exactly now how would you run the country? Please be specific!

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:53 PM   #9
nuksaa

Quote:
What i said about Bush was all true...

These are all my thoughts nobody elses so u can all go to hell...
So all this has been is an expression of your true thoughts. Now it makes sense why you are claiming subjective ideas to be true vice the truth of all the facts you have lain out. Which are really just a few items of fact put next to each other and linked soley upon how the were placed, very similiar to someone quoting the bible to justify their opinion.

I voted for Bush twice, also. The first was to ensure Al and Tipper Gore were distanced from the White House. The second was because I thought Kerry was a shitball. Sad, really. The Democratic Party had the popularity to vote Bush out of the White House and the best they could do was Kerry.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:53 PM   #10
4mytribe

Ok wow I've been away so I dont know what this person is in trouble for but damn.... Bush sucks. I voted for this idiot twice and I think I need to appoligize to myself. I feel violated.

There not much more for me to say so I'm gonna stop on that but

I hate that freak man I really do
4mytribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:14 AM   #11
nuksaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mytribe
Ok wow I've been away so I dont know what this person is in trouble for but damn.... Bush sucks. I voted for this idiot twice and I think I need to appoligize to myself. I feel violated.

There not much more for me to say so I'm gonna stop on that but

I hate that freak man I really do
The unfortunate feelings I had towards the last 2 elections was voting for the one who I disliked the least. I wish it was more of a choice bent towards who I want to lead the government vice who I do not want to lead.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:26 AM   #12
4mytribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
You still haven't told me which law has Bush broken, angledust.
Ok I'll tell you. How about lieing to us to get us into a war that has cost hundreds of lives? How bout writing hundreds of laws to give himself unconstitional powers? How about spending ungodly amounts of money to try and build the largest database ever to secretly spy on us?

None of that is legal and just one of those is enough to yank this fool out of office by ear. Why we arent impeaching him for serious treason and we impeached Clinton for lying about a BJ is beyond me.

PS. I voted for this evil twit twice and live with the shame every day.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:31 AM   #13
4mytribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuksaa
The unfortunate feelings I had towards the last 2 elections was voting for the one who I disliked the least. I wish it was more of a choice bent towards who I want to lead the government vice who I do not want to lead.
You know what thats the same thing I did and I have to live with that shame. At least once a week and most times more my liberal friends rub my nose in about voting for Bush and I have to bow my head and agree that I was a fool. To me Bush is hands down the worst President ever and a traitor to this country. In fact He and his admin may be able to crack this country and God knows they seem to be trying. I will never vote for evil again (lessor of two evils). I will allways vote for who I think is best so I will never have to live with the shame again.

Its called writing in a canidate.

Trust me on this the buy you think is the lessor of two evils is just as likely to be the FAR GREATOR EVIL. The two parties are both pieces of cow manure at this point. Which Cow manure do you like best the red crap or the blue crap. I'm tired of crap.

I just want the next 4 hours to go by quick so I can go so "The Poesidan Adventure". Hell yeah.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #14
nuksaa

Quote:
Trust me on this the buy you think is the lessor of two evils is just as likely to be the FAR GREATOR EVIL. The two parties are both pieces of cow manure at this point. Which Cow manure do you like best the red crap or the blue crap. I'm tired of crap.
Trust me on this other aspect. I have heard many of my liberal friends hide behind the 'no one could be worse' clause. Everytime I have heard that phrase in my life, the new arrival has been worse; to my shock and dismay. Frankly, from what I saw of Kerry (especially at the end) was wishy-washy. He began the political flip-flop and when asked about his plan, he just reverted to the 'he is worse' finger pointing.

So thinking politically, I cast my vote for Bush. If Bush was voted out last term, the world politicians would use that leverage against Kerry and make him more useless than I already thought he was. Now Bush is in office for another 4 years so when the next vote comes he has to be voted out. Now that political leverage against the US will be significantly lessened. Also recent history has shown, presidents following turmoil in the White House have been ill fated, such as Carter's presidency.

I agree both parties are crap and the democratic party has much more dissention amongst its ranks than the republicans, currently. I think the republicans should have tried a bold move to run another candidate against Bush in '04 but were to worried about splitting the vote. Concerned more that the party had the position vice the person.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #15
nuksaa

Quote:
Ok I'll tell you. How about lieing to us to get us into a war that has cost hundreds of lives?
I do not recall him lying. He acted on not the most accurate intelligence and the propoganda of Saddam Hussien's adminstration. The Iraqi government wanted their neighbors to believe they had the capablilities to conduct widespread harm. Also, the UN kept refusing to take action when Iraq refused to comply with the agreement they made. And then there was still lingering fear of 9/11 where the government didn't act on what they thought was not the most accurate intelligence. A lot of ingredients contributed to the decision to react on the intelligence and all Saddam had to do was to consent with the term he agreed to with the UN.

Quote:
How bout writing hundreds of laws to give himself unconstitional powers?
The president does not write the laws; he ratifies the laws. The Congress writes the laws. And the Congress voted for the Patriot Act. All powers he has executed have been by the constitution. The discussion should be has he abused those powers and not the constitutionality of the powers executed. The Congress is the body who approved the declaration of war, which was required.

Quote:
How about spending ungodly amounts of money to try and build the largest database ever to secretly spy on us?
The same was done during WWII and the FBI did the same under J Edgar Hoover. How about the billions spent on the SDI program during Reagan's presidency? I am sure you can analyze every dollar spent during every administration and find grievious issues. And I also believe the House owns the checkbook and agrees to every dollar of government spending.

Quote:
Why we arent impeaching him for serious treason and we impeached Clinton for lying about a BJ is beyond me.
Because impeachment is a serious political manuever that can greivously undermine the entire government. The impeachment and BJ issue was over-hyped in the media. If the Congress didn't impeach Nixon, there wasn't much of a chance Clinton was going either. I do not believe the impeachment process was even seriously close to a meaning full vote. Remember the Congress is full of representatives and senators who were adamant about changing French fries to American fries. Another reason not to impeach, he has not done anything that cannot be undone (save for his public speaking).
Old 05-15-2006, 04:02 PM   #16
4mytribe

Bush thinks he's God so dont be surprised if we dont get to vote him because he annointed himself dictator to help fight the "war on terror" BS.

Boy has he played that one for all its worth.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #17
nuksaa

Quote:
Bush thinks he's God so dont be surprised if we dont get to vote him because he annointed himself dictator to help fight the "war on terror" BS.

Boy has he played that one for all its worth.
I seriously doubt that would occur. The last time of said occurence was WWII. A much different time and circumstance. There are many more than willing to take the seat away and I think there would be far more protesting should he be in for another 4. I have heard this line before. Bush doesn't think he is god. He just believes he is doing what god is telling him to do (which I think is far more disturbing); but lucky for us their are many more with a level head and shoulders to prevent things from turning out of control.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:01 PM   #18
Crom Crauch

Of course... after FDR died and was succeeded by Truman (I think) Congress passed a law limiting the President to only 2 terms in office.

Iucunda macula est ex inimici sanguine

Quod sum eris
Crom Crauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:53 PM   #19
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Ok I'll tell you. How about lieing to us to get us into a war that has cost hundreds of lives? How bout writing hundreds of laws to give himself unconstitional powers? How about spending ungodly amounts of money to try and build the largest database ever to secretly spy on us?

None of that is legal
Ok.

He didn't lie to us. He really believed what he said, he's just stupid. And there's no law against lying.
Writing hundreds of laws? Give me your sources. By the way, did you know that George Bush has been the only president not to veto a law passed by the Congress?
And, finally, doesn't the president have the right to manage the taxes as he sees appropiate?

As you can see, he hasn't broken any laws.

He may be stupid, but he's no despot.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:06 PM   #20
Corpsey

I personally dont know american politics. i have never been to the states before and i dont plan on doing so, but globally Bush has made a total ass of himself and made a cock-up on america's behalf and you guys all get shit for it. Iraq never should have been invaded on the terms of the fact that saddam husein had connections with al qaeda. both him and tony blair stated that he had these connections with them. Al qaeda hated saddam's guts! he was a dictator and they had no control over him, and thus wanted nothing to do with him. Also, on his orders U.S. soldiers went in and completely fucked up the social system in Iraq. true, there was no freedom of speech and people lived in fear, but i didnt see you guys rushing to invade russia back in the day just because there was a dictator and no freedom of speech. why? because you guys would have a fucking challenge kicking out Stalin! but anyway, iraq atleast had a stable social structure and there were no raids. then in comes america and chaos occurs. bush fucked up a country's social balance completely. it would be like Mexico coming in and taking back all of its land (most of the south and all of the west coast of the U.S was originally part of mexico in the 19th century) and then controlling the way things work and this would create stability. you would all hate it! Bush had no legal right to charge into Iraq and then starts calling the shots for a while and it will take decades before you have any sort of civil balance in Iraq! Millions will suffer becuase of that wank bush. and for this reason, no other, i hate him and he is worthy of a death by razor cuts/thrown into a vat of lemon juice or some other stronger acid/ dragged into a Piranha tank and be nibbled to pieces painfully.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:23 PM   #21
4mytribe

Actually it appears there is proof that he lied and knew it based on some documents that came out Britain and too many afterwards to mention. There is no doubt this whole thing was fishy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Ok.

He didn't lie to us. He really believed what he said, he's just stupid. And there's no law against lying.
Writing hundreds of laws? Give me your sources. By the way, did you know that George Bush has been the only president not to veto a law passed by the Congress?
And, finally, doesn't the president have the right to manage the taxes as he sees appropiate?

As you can see, he hasn't broken any laws.

He may be stupid, but he's no despot.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:38 PM   #22
Crom Crauch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey
but i didnt see you guys rushing to invade russia back in the day just because there was a dictator and no freedom of speech. why? because you guys would have a fucking challenge kicking out Stalin!
yeah... good idea, but back in the day, the U.S.S.R. had Nuclear weapons, and probably more then the U.S. ever had... oh yeah, I do believe that Gen. George S. Patton was all for continuing World War 2 against the U.S.S.R., but he was overruled by Truman. And, for the record, Stalin only lasted until the early 1950s, after that came Krushchev, who wasn't quite so hard-line as Stalin... oh yeah, for the record, under the Soviet Communsit structure, more people died then during World Wars 1 and 2 combined... matter of fact, more have died under totalitarianist regimes then during war, so there goes that argument out the window.

Get the fucking facts straight before you sound off. I may be for the current situation in Iraq, or at least, supporting the idea that since we invaded Iraq (why doesn't matter, only that we did), we at least have an obligation to stay there until the job is finished, and not one second more. Another thing is, why worry about the social side of things? First, you have to worry about the political and economic problems, of which there are fewer (economically speaking) then the U.S. media likes to report. Furthermore, Corpsey, if you sound off, use correct grammer and spelling, since this is theoretically a literate forum.

Oh, and another thing? Southwestern U.S. is ours by conquest and treaty... see the little brush-war known as the Mexican-American war (between Texas and Mexico, with U.S. help).

Quod sum eris
Old 05-15-2006, 09:49 PM   #23
Cambodian Breakfast

The U.S.S.R. had ten for ever one of are nukes. And the U.S goverment was usind the domino theory. Which is if one countrie falls to more will fallow.
Cambodian Breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:51 PM   #24
Crom Crauch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambodian Breakfast
The U.S.S.R. had ten for ever one of are nukes. And the U.S goverment was usind the domino theory. Which is if one countrie falls to more will fallow.
thanks for the support

Quod sum eris
Old 05-16-2006, 04:46 AM   #25
nuksaa

Quote:
Also, on his orders U.S. soldiers went in and completely fucked up the social system in Iraq.
Such is war. And what stable social structure are you talking about? A dictator who spent his countries money on his palaces (and poorly designed).

Quote:
why? because you guys would have a fucking challenge kicking out Stalin!
Odd how 4+ years of war makes one weary. And you are obviously no strategist and have little use for tactics. Should I ever be the one to decide to go to war, your damn right I want overwhelming odds. I would desire superiority in weapons, troops, munitions, and about every other aspect of the battlefield I could manage.

Quote:
(most of the south and all of the west coast of the U.S was originally part of mexico in the 19th century)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom Crauch
Southwestern U.S. is ours by conquest and treaty... see the little brush-war known as the Mexican-American war (between Texas and Mexico, with U.S. help).
And California was its own territory until it voted to become part of the union simliar to Texas.

Quote:
Bush had no legal right to charge into Iraq
Based on what? What legality is there in the declaration of war? Bush followed the protocals for declaring war. He legally declared war via US law. This stalemate between the UN and Iraw had been occurring for 10 years. And he announced to the world he was going to go to removed Saddam from power by force if he did not comply with the agreement made with the UN. He showed the build up of force. He told everyone what he was doing with the build up in forces. All Saddam Hussein has to do was comply. The UN spent years playing the 'comply or else' game.

Quote:
I personally dont know american politics.
I couldn't agree with you more. I would also not limit the scope of your lack of political understanding to America. You seem to based your world political views on your own personal skewed vision. You 'hate' Bush based on what? What you see on whatever media resources are available to you? Because that is a popular view in the current world? Wow. Bush must have far reaching influence to directly affect you in New Zealand is it? From what I recall from Mew Zealand politics, they have always been critical of any country who has nuclear weapons.