Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
vincent-van-ghost

Hullo everyone

Hi everyone, I'm Elaina. I'm really bad at these things and almost as socially challenged on the internet as I am in real life. So here:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I am jobless, and okay with that. In my free time I draw, write stories, develop/print in my home darkroom and keep tropical fish. I also make clothing and knit from time to time.

2. Where are you from? Just outside of Chicago.

3. Who is your favorite author? I don't read very much these days, but Emily Bronte.

4. What are your favorite films? Rocky Horror Picture Show, the Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, Gypsy 83, Silence of the Lambs, The Evil Dead, Donnie Darko...

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? My wedding? Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I have to learn to talk to other humans first..

6. At your funeral? The entire Faith album by the Cure.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Honestly, I plan to slit my wrists before I turn 30.

8. What kind of casket would you want? Ideally, I'd love to be buried in the same casket as my lover. If that ever happens.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? My giant knee-length black sweater with spiderweb tights and black lace up boots.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Not being expected to do shit.

11. What's your favorite band? The Cure, I grew up listening to them and have been my favorite since I can remember. I go through phases of being really into other bands but always come back to them.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I go to my community college currently and am working towards a certificate in entrepreneurship.

13. Why did you join? To meet other people who I won't scare away. I literally talk to no one these days and it would be nice to have like-minded people to bounce ideas off.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female
vincent-van-ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
Ilefidoz

Hello Elaina. The first thing I want to write is that I hope you don't kill yourself before you are 30 or at any point in your life. I hope you live. I can relate to thoughts of suicide, because I have had some personal struggles that in the past lead me down that mental thought path for the lack of a better way of explaining.

I also enjoy The Cure a lot. I listened to The Cure for a long time before I knew what Goth really was.

I joined the forums for a similar reason as you. I don't talk to people these days and spend most of my time inside my house. I am a 27 year old guy and am unemployed, so I can relate to the lack of a job as well as not getting much socialization. I have social anxiety among other things and that makes it difficult for me as well in regards to meeting people in person. I tend to get nervous when I talk to people face to face even though I try to hide it.

I enjoyed reading your introduction, and I hope you enjoy this site. I don't know how the site works all that much yet, because I am so new to it. I know what it is like to get really depressed because I have struggled with that a lot in my life, so you are not alone. Being unemployed for me, can feel at times isolating and lonely. I empathize. I hope you are having a good day.

Ilefidoz
Ilefidoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
deathsdj

Hi Elaina. Welcome!
deathsdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #4
TheLonelyGhost

Hello, welcome! ^_^
TheLonelyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote