Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #3726
Versus

Stripes = Sergeant. Or in different terms, a 300 dollar pay raise.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #3727
Saya

oh yay!!! This makes my day too :3
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #3728
Versus

I don't know why. But YOU make my day.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #3729
Saya

Is there a way to express that even though I'm anti-military, I'm proud of you? XD Plus I'm happy Cracker von Patriarch is going and your brother is there.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #3730
Versus

IS THERE A WAY TO EXPRESS THAT I WILL GET ARRESTED FOR THE (consensual) THINGS I WILL DO TO YOU.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #3731
MissCheyenne

Go Big V

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:39 AM   #3732
Jaye Jang

Munching sunflower seeds on my "lunch" (4 a.m.) break, watching the pup sleep curled up on my bedroom slippers and getting ready to go back to work.

Oh well. Two out of 3 ain't bad.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #3733
Acharis

Hilariously rude female comedians make my day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5377G...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8FfFwtL91Q
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #3734
Jaye Jang

Finding this ...

Last edited by Jaye Jang; 07-25-2012 at 08:44 AM. Reason: picture uploaded incorrectly
Old 07-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #3735
Versus

http://webecoist.momtastic.com/2008/...se-mechanisms/

Ants that explode when threatened, a fish that can become a liquid and disassemble itself, and more.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #3736
Jaye Jang

Two things today. My boss was in a good mood, so I did not get written up despite the fact that I as I said in the Rand thread, I did not have a good shift last night and I didn't make productivity requirements, either. (Turns out there were problems with the phone lines, yada yada, so she told me just to take PL, and try to make it up later). Nice.

Second, I finally got up the nerve to post a pic on here, then deleted it. Of course. (Wouldn't post one anyway because of privacy reasons and because for some reason, pics tend to disappear off here and also because I have a tendency to shoot myself in the foot, so I thought, "Why give people something they can use for target practice?" Like my kid says, I have all the social graces of a Sherman tank). However, posting the pic was nice while it lasted, because I finally got a good look at myself for the first time since I was about 10, and hey, my brother was wrong. I'm not that ugly. Granted, he was right about my making a better looking guy. (I think I can see why the Army mistook me for a guy and made a combat medic out of me, and still to this day positively insists I'm a guy). However, I've always avoided being photographed, etc., because I was absolutely convinced I was scary ugly. (I don't even have mirrors in my house because my white relatives always told me I look too Cherokee to be pretty by white standards, and my Cherokee relatives tell me I look too white to be pretty by Cherokee standards. So I keep a tiny little mirror on the fridge and that's about the size of it). However, I got a good look at the pics before deleting them and discovered that my brother was wrong, as I said. I don't look like the evil emperor from Star Wars, and I'm not scary ugly and I don't think my mug would even break a camera lens, much less a mirror. I do look like a 14-year-old boy, however, so I can see why folks on this site thought that I was. But finding out that I'm not THAT bad looking is kind of a nice ego boost.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #3737
honeythorn

Today I went to London, to do a one day basic taxidermy workshop.

The subjects were hamsters. Mine is a bit of an obese one, Dark brown, white and ginger. Sort of a tortoishell hamster.

I've posed him in the style of Sprinter Usain Bolt seeing as the olympics are on . Since its my first go it; not the most professional looking thing in the world, but he works and I'm quite pleased with him.

We used the simple method of taxidermy. Basically skin the animal, remove any and all fleshy and fatty bits from the skin, make the body out of wire and cotton wadding, rub the skin both sides liberally with Borax, fit the wadding body inside, wires to go in the arms and legs so you can pose it, sew up and add eyes, superglue mouth shut.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #3738
honeythorn

Also, the room in which we did the workshop, situated in St Barts Pathology museum, was AMAZING. It's a very tall room, with walkways on 2 levels round the walls. Every single shel is crammed with preserved/pickled body parts. Mostly human, some animal.

Pretty much ANY organ or piece of the human body, that could become diseased or deformed, was there. Somestuff I have no idea what the fuck it was or where in the body it is meant to fit.

There were whole severed feet , brains, lungs, livers, bones, skulls, foetus' tapeworms and hookworms, a walrus jaw ( FUCKING NEED IT ) Entire skeletons, one of which was that of a small deformed child about 2.5 feet high with a massive alien cranium.

Seriously one of THE coolest rooms I have ever been in.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #3739
BourbonBoy

Oooh! Pictures please!
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:42 AM   #3740
honeythorn

I can do a pic of my hamster, but sadly it's actually against the law to take photos of the museum specimens. Not sure why that is, can't be because of light damage ( I think this is the case with some museum specimens and old paintings ect ) , the whole room has a big glass ceiling O.o

I also found it a bit odd that apart from the whole skeletons and few other pieces, pretty much every single jarred thing in there, and a whole shelf full of skulls, could technically be picked up and looked at since they were not behind any sort of glass or barring. Just sat on a shelf.

No joke if no one had been in there I could have stuffed a number of small foetus and lungs in jars in my pockets, popped a skull in my bra and just walked out. The lack of security is astounding. But I'm an honest woman so I didn't. Good job my brother wasn't there that's all I can say, they'd have lost half their stuff.

But since we couldn't even take photos I figured they'd probably be annoyed if I started manhandling 600 year old german and 1000 year old roman skulls.

I did give the stone roman sarcophagus halfway up the stairs a bit of a rub though ^___^
Old 07-29-2012, 06:04 AM   #3741
honeythorn

Usain Hamster :

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...wpics007-1.jpg
Old 07-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #3742
BourbonBoy

That is a little weird about the displays :/ But I can understand to an extent. It could be they don't want stuff from the lab to be made into meme on the web. The hamster looks great though. The Usain pose will have me in giggling fits for the rest of the day.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #3743
BourbonBoy

Old 07-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #3744
huzhi

Today I went to London, to do a one day basic taxidermy workshop.
http://www.louisvuittonen.com
huzhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #3745
Timeless Rebellion

Returning home from a wonderful weekend in Copenhagen
Fact: The capital of Denmark is named Copenhagen, or København in Danish. København actually means something along the lines of buying harbour.
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #3746
Geoluhread

My life is currently at a pause, I have absolutely nothing to do all day but to convert oxygen to carbon dioxide and be food for mosquitoes.
What made my day is that I have to send an email tomorrow. The only reason why I did not send it today is that I want to have something to wake up to.
YAY boredom!
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #3747
honeythorn

Found out the next Taxidermy workshop is in early September, the subject will be guinea pigs.

I seriously hope it's not the first weekend because I'll be camping then
Old 08-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #3748
Angelic Dissonance2

A Spy In The Cab.

And fucking a girl in the butt. Which, is anything but uncommon, but she went to visit family for a week, and I am now back with the awesome.

Gratitude!

Also, the moon is full, and the Ritual wil be tomorrow. The chalice is ready, and the merlot is cold.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #3749
CuckooTuli

A weekend of awesomeness ahead with visiting friends, and getting aanother article pitch accepted.

Also, realising I'd forgotten that series 5 of Breaking Bad started 3 weeks ago. That shit rocks my socks.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #3750
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
My life is currently at a pause, I have absolutely nothing to do all day but to convert oxygen to carbon dioxide and be food for mosquitoes.
What made my day is that I have to send an email tomorrow. The only reason why I did not send it today is that I want to have something to wake up to.
YAY boredom!
This is why you returned to gnet then? Has it fought off some of your boredom?
If you seriously need something to do, start watching The Simpsons from season 1(or season 23 and going backwards. It is weird but fun ) Or Dharma & Greg.
The IT Crowd is great but will only entertain you for a day or two.
Charmed is always a possibility if you can cope with the drama overload.
Or you could start playing some awesome games
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote