Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
djsprockets

What comics do you read?

What comics do you read? They can be old or new, in print or on the web, currently updating or long dead!!

The only one I have time to read (besides writing and drawing my own) is Girls With Slingshots.
djsprockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:39 AM   #2
Dansleplume

I read Teahouse, a webcomic, and The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal, as well as a selection of manga, when I get around to it.

I also want to re-read Sandman if I get the chance, 'cause it's been 5 years and it's all dense an' interesting and whatnot.
Dansleplume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:09 PM   #3
djsprockets

I have to admit tat I've never read Sandman. Couldn't stomach that first edition art.
djsprockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #4
SoftShocks

Marvel and DC are what i read the most.
I prefer DC, i can relate to more characters from them.
I'm a big Raven fan, i have always felt like i could relate to her the most.
I enjoy reading old Teen Titans and alot of Green Lantern stuff.
Green Lantern vs Aliens is one of my favs :3
SoftShocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
TheLonelyGhost

I usually read Spider-Man comics. He's my favorite super hero ever and probably always will be. Think it's the romantic theme that goes along with the storyline that draws me into it. However I enjoy Horror comics as well and plan on reading all The Walking Dead comics cause I hear it's much better than the TV show. And I also read a lot of Horror Manga as well.
TheLonelyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:30 AM   #6
MrsElysiancicatrix

Sandman.
The league of extraordinary gentlemen
Batwoman
New Swamp Thing and Animal Man crossover.
Transmetropolitan

Other stuff my comic bookish friend loans me, like standalones (WE3).
I am very selective and guilty of giving up on series the second they annoy me, so I have started many but they did not survive the cull.
MrsElysiancicatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:32 PM   #7
GrimMrGosh

I've been enjoying the new 52 reboot series of DC's "Batman detective comics" lately (Batman being my Most favorite heroes). Also I find the series "Lenore", "Squee", and "The far-side' very intriguing.

I recently got into a show called "Ruby gloom" which is based on a book so I intend to keep my eye out for that series.
GrimMrGosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:56 PM   #8
GothMan

Thumbs up Indie Comics

I really enjoy discovering new authors/series online.I've discovered awesome comics that, unfortunately, never make it. Everything is done by hand, which is nice.
This is a slice of life type of comic that really hits home for me called [i]I Don't Wanna Walk Around With You/I]

https://candmpublishing.squarespace.com
GothMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:35 AM   #9
Saya

Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Storm, Wytches, Sabrina (a dark remake of Sabrina the Teenage Witch), Catwoman, Sensation Comics, Lumberjanes and Loki: Agent of Asgard.

Also going to pick up Bitch Planet and Squirrel Girl when I get a chance.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 01:42 AM   #10
Hydrodyssodia

Is Catwoman good atm? I always have trouble getting close to that franchise when not handled by Brubaker.

Also, I'm reading Batman, Detective, Batman and Robin, Sandman, The Wicked and the Divine, Sex Criminals, Hawkeye, Black Science and Bitch Planet.
Hydrodyssodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:46 PM   #11
Saya

Catwoman is really good right now. Selina is a mob boss, while a new Catwoman is prowling around (but don't worry, Selina is still the star of the comic). The current writer Valentine writes her with a lot of respect that Selina has not had in years.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:29 AM   #12
Acharis

To be honest, it's usually what I can pick up in the libraries. Budget constraints and all means I don't get to buy everything I want. I like Vertigo comics though, prefer them to Marvel or DC.

Do you like She Hulk, Saya?
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:17 PM   #13
Saya

Love She-Hulk! I am so sad her comic is ending, and I normally dislike Soule's writing. It seemed like it was the art was divisive (personally I like Pulido's work). I AM very excited for G. Willow Wilson to be writing her during Secret Wars.

Vertigo is coming out with several interesting titles this year, I'm particularly excited for Monstress by Marjorie Liu (who is also my pick for a new She-Hulk series, since she is also a lawyer), the art looks gorgeous. I have to really catch up on Fables and Coffin Hill as well. I find with indies, where there are often long hiatuses I kinda just forget about them, so I'd rather collect them in trade. I'll make an exception for Monstress though.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:45 PM   #14
dreadpirate46

Location: Currently in CA, but considering moving back to NJ to be with family.
Saya, I'm late to the party, but have you given FF from Marvel Now a read? It's a series that picks up after the Fantastic Four have left the Future Foundation in the hands of Scott Lang, Jennifer Walters and a couple others. It was one of my favorites to come out of MNOW and I was heart broken it was cancelled.

As for what I'm reading now - I'm waiting for Secret Wars to finish and then I'll read it all in one sitting. I've actually started reading early Marvel from the beginning. Iron Man, Avengers and Captain America. Kind of goofy compared to today's writing, but still fun stuff.
dreadpirate46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:04 PM   #15
Saya

Sadly I have not, I used to read only DC, and I think FF was already going on when I started reading Marvel. By the time I started reading Marvel almost exclusively, it was cancelled. I heard good things about it though and will pick it up in trade eventually.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #16
Acharis

Decided to stop being stingy and actually buy some stuff, which means relatively current content.

Has anyone got Rat Queens? It's fun.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:34 PM   #17
Saya

I read it in trades, but yeah, it's good! Although I did pick up the Braga special. I've been trying to pick up books with trans representation, and it seems like lately I've suddenly gotten a lot of comics to pick up for that!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:53 AM   #18
Acharis

Oh wow, I didn't realise Braga was trans! I'm not that far into it, I bought two volumes and am halfway through the second.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #19
Saya

AFAIK it was only brought up in her special as the story she was telling was back before she started living as a woman. It seems like most trans characters in comics lately only bring it up in flash backs or pictures and then its NBD at all, which is a good way to do it.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:36 AM   #20
Acharis

Oh ok. I thought it was in just the main stories and I hadn't got there yet.

I love how she's infamous and inspires fear. She just charges in and it's "It's her! The Bastard! We're fucked!"
Old 06-18-2015, 03:25 PM   #21
Saya

How far along are you?
Old 06-19-2015, 04:33 AM   #22
Acharis

Partway through volume 2. (I have an annoying habit of having a few books on the go.) Don't worry about spoilers or anything though, in fact if I can't get or watch something yet I'll go and look up stuff about it.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:53 AM   #23
Molster

Currently reading the webcomic / graphic novel The Phoenix Requiem, really loving it!

Last edited by Molster; 09-03-2015 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:34 PM   #24
Acharis

I'm saving my comics and reading them ultra slowly because they're so expensive. Must. Make them. Last.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:48 AM   #25
Molster

lol, good plan...
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote