Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
Lilyth Von Gore

Hair advice needed.

I don't normally come onto forums and ask this, but internet searches have drawn a blank.
I dyed my hair with Schwarzkopf foam. The xolour was cranberry. Then about a week ago I got it cut short, because the strands were damaged.
Now I'm bored of this colour and I want to stop damaging my hair, give it a chance to recover. So that rules out dyeing it.
How can I remove 2 and a half week old permanent hair dye? I read somewhere that Pro:voke's touch of silver would help it fade. Also baby shampoo, anti dandruff shampoo, clarifying shampoo...
Any advice?
Lilyth Von Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
Solumina

I've only ever dyes my hair as close to my natural color as I can find then just let it grow out, but I don't mind going really, really short to cut off the dyed ends so I don't wait long. Sorry I'm not much help.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
Acharis

I've found anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioner tends to strip colour out, as does washing more frequently and with warmer water.

I'm not sure how short you had your hair cut (bob vs pixie) but if you have a little bit of length and it's dry/brittle you might want to use a leave in conditioner on the ends. This reduces snapping.

And silicone based types can make hair brittle or dull due to the waterproof coating - so avoid ones with 'cone ingredients, maybe try something that advertises argan or some other natural oil.

Source - used to have very long fried black hair.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #4
erotomaniac87

I've read that the Dr. Bronners soaps help fade hair dye, but I'm not really sure.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:18 AM   #5
korynnininm

Mane and tail works really well it's a condensed horse shampoo that's ment to be diluted but if you use it strait it should strip it
korynnininm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:55 AM   #6
sleepy

problem is.. if you remove dye from your hair it'll damage it even more.
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:47 AM   #7
nutellafly

I would just dye your hair close to your natural colour and wait till it grows back. Removing colour can really damage your hair and sometimes it goes wrong (speaking from experience);
nutellafly is offline   Reply With Quote