Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:01 AM   #1
MrsElysiancicatrix

A rare sighting of the lesser spotted Mrs*trix

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Things I enjoy doing: reading (comics, modern classics, SF, some fantasy, science journals); eating; couching (it's a verb, mkay?); listing; dogpiling (it's perfectly innocent, I promise); watching (tv, people); play.
Things I do: Cook; work (scientist: quantitaive genetics); admin; keep furkids and manimal alive; read (science journals); write, edit and publish (popular science related to agriculture; histories of research farms; scientific articles; reports; proposals); sleep (or not, depends on how much Insomnia likes me)

2. Where are you from?
Cape Town, South Africa

3. Who is your favorite author?
I have difficulty with authority: so I will disobey the instruction and give you a few per genre that I can think of right now. I has a library of many books.
Modern Classics: Margaret Atwood, Will Self, Jeffrey Eugenides, Donna Tartt, Jeanette Winterson, Audrey Niffenegger
Fantasy: China Mieville, Neil Gaiman, Michael Moorcock, Steven Erikson
Sci Fi: Philip K. Dick, Joe Haldman, Richard Morgan, Frederik Pohl, Poul Anderson, Gene Wolfe
Children's: JK Rowling, Patrick Ness, Philip Pullman, Michael Bond

4. What are your favorite films?
mmm, Interstellar (Christopher Nolan stuff), Sunshine (Danny Boyle stuff), Spirited Away (gibli stuff), Neverending Story (80's fantasy cheese = labyrinth), Alien, Pandorum, Fantastic Mr Fox (Wes Anderson Stuff), Star Dust, Dagon.
Easier to tell you what I hate: Michael Bay. Most summer blockbusters.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
This ship has sunk. No music played at the alice in wonderland treasure hunt mad picnic (quick I do's) and dinner theatre at Madame Zingara's tent of dreams wedding... but I'll play: Gogol Bordello, Faith and the Muse, IAMX, Muse, temple of love, this is not a love song/tainted love/love will tear us apart/love cats/passion of lovers. You know, the usual uncomfortably inappropriate ecclectic mix of stuff you get from searching for "love" in your music folder.

6. At your funeral?
Project Pitchfork - Circus of Death
Wumpscut - Black Death and Turns off pain
Emily Autumn - Dead is the New alive (Velvet Acid Christ club mix)

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
By my own choice - support euthanasia, it's not suicide

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Questions 6-8 for some reason assume that I am mortal :? I am immortal, like the jelly fish. if science doesn't want me, and art (bodyworks) doesn't want, use me as organic compost (like in Wool - Hugh Howey).

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
my pj's

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
No one questioned me about reading Dr Seuss and Paddington.
My grandmother's rose syrup milk ice lollies.

11. What's your favorite band?
Currently, IAMX

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
M.Sc. (Genetics) - still procrastinating about the PhD but it's ineffable.

13. Why did you join?
I don't do social media thus have no recent web presence. I used to play on forums but slowly dissipated into the real world. I re-discovered forums (goth.net) and pierced the veil into well, here. Either, I have a doppelganger or I was here before since my user name was taken.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
fembot
MrsElysiancicatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
BourbonBoy

Welcome to the boards. Glad to see a fellow reader of Moorcock, who's your favorite incarnation of the Eternal Champion?
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote