Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:00 PM   #1
Corvus Lestrange

Greetings all

Hello everyone, I'm just introducing myself as a new member and sharing a few details about me.

1. What do you do? I love to write, draw, read etc.

2. Where are you from? I'm from a small town in North Carolina.

3. Who is your favorite author? My personal favorite would have to be HP Lovecraft. I also really love Edgar Allan Poe.

4. What is your favorite film? My favorite movie ever would be Bram Stoker's Dracula. I have a particular infatuation with horror. Particularly old school black and white horror films such as: Phantom of the Opera, Nosferatu, Bride of Frankenstein etc. I'm also a huge Tim Burton fanatic.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Right here in my arms by HIM & Just like heaven by The Cure.

6. At your funeral? Mephistopholes of Los Angeles by Marilyn Manson & Carpe Noctem by Asp

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Holding hands with the one I love.

8. What kind of casket do you want? Anything that's very Victorian vampire like.

9. What's your favorite outfit? Just some black pants, a black t-shirt with something interesting and spooky on it, Vans and one of my DIY jackets.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a kid? The wonder, where fantasy could be reality and the only limit is the limit of your imagination.

11. What is your favorite band? My favorite bands would have to be: Slipknot, HIM, Marilyn Manson, Cradle of Filth, Motionless in White, The Misfits, The Cure & Blutengel.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I just graduated high school a few months ago and now I'm attending community college. I'm hoping to transfer to a four year university with an associate in arts and then get a degree in communications.

13. Why did you join? It gets lonely being the only goth where I'm from. I wanted to have a place where I can talk to like minded people.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Male

That's pretty much it, if there's anything else you want to know, you can feel free to ask me.
Corvus Lestrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:55 PM   #2
BlackBat

Hi, Corvus I also just joined.
1. What do you do? I listen to music almost always. I also love movies and reading. I like being out in nature as much as I can to escape from people!

2. Where are you from? I'm in Minneapolis area, raised here.

3. Who is your favorite author? I love William Burroughs, but also like EAP and Lovecraft.

4. What is your favorite film? Such a hard question. I also love old horror movies, but my favorite era is the 50s-70s. The Evil Dead 2 is pretty freaking awesome. I also really like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, but there are so many I like.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? I think i'd like some Nick Cave played, like "And No More Shall We Part".

6. At your funeral? Weirdly, I haven't given this much thought, possibly "New Dawn Fades" , "Atmosphere", "Disorder" Joy Division?

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? I really like your answer, can I steal? Otherwise I would like to go out under the influence of many drugs.

8. What kind of casket do you want? Black and dark red velvet inside, I'd be more into designing the tombstone I think.

9. What's your favorite outfit? I like black, obviously, like my Doc martens, some cool black pants. I do like lace a lot, I have a red top with black lace over it. And my leather jacket

10. What's one thing you miss about being a kid? I miss the naivite of not knowing how sick the world can be, and how messed up some things are. The innocence.

11. What is your favorite band? My favorite bands are Joy Division, The Cure, Lou Reed, The Smiths, Dead Kennedys, etc.. music is my life

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? After years of switching majors and schools, I've finally decided vet tech will be it. I wanna be around animals, preferably outside, away from people!

13. Why did you join? I agree. It's hard to find people where I live that have the same taste in music, culture, art, etc. I like dark things, and not many people get it.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? WOMAN
BlackBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:37 AM   #3
Molster

Welcome both of you...love both of your taste in music and movies...pull up a comfy chair, enjoy your stay here in the madhouse. Can I offer you a drink?
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:54 AM   #4
Acharis

Welcome! *offers punch bowl garnished with tentacle*
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:13 AM   #5
Corvus Lestrange

Hello everyone

A drink would be nice, and is the tentacle is the tentacle Shoggoth or Elder Thing? I've come to learn that the difference is quite surprising. Also BlackBat, I was actually listening to Joy Division and The Smiths while writing my introduction haha. Dead Kennedys are awesome too. Me and my geometry teacher used to play Holiday in Cambodia together.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:57 PM   #6
Stormbringer

Welcome Corvus and Black Bat, nice to meet you both. We all seem to come from far and wide, I from Australia but it seems we have a great community right here.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 02:33 PM   #7
Corvus Lestrange

Nice to meet you too stormbringer! This does seem like a nice little community. Very welcoming, which is really nice.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #8
Stormbringer

A pleasure Corvus. I'm a fan of HP Lovecraft too. Are you familiar with the work of Lord Dunsany? He along with Poe, was a major influence on Lovecraft and he wrote beautifully. Not many people seem to have heard of him but his work is worth reading. He mainly wrote short stories. The three make a good triad Poe, Dunsany, Lovecraft. Carpe Noctem.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:48 AM   #9
Anise

Hello Lovelies and welcome <3
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:58 AM   #10
taciturn

Welcome, everyone!
taciturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:49 AM   #11
Corvus Lestrange

Thanks Anise and Taciturn

And no Stormbringer, I haven't read any of Lord Dunsany. I'm definitely going to have to become more acquainted with his works. Thanks for the recommendation.