Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-01-2016, 05:00 AM   #1
batbratwolfheart

so why do people assume that if you love angels youre christain

first of all the idea of the angel is in many religion most of them having been created before Christianity:confused so why are people telling me its weird that i like angels even though im an atheist so what what the big deal to me they are awesome fictional creatures and i love to write about them and draw them angels dont have a lot to do with religion in the first place
batbratwolfheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #2
Anise

Angels ~ love them, love the concept that there are messengers from a higher plane. Christianity built its foundations upon preceding religions/forms of worship.

The Bible .. it was written by the hand of man, it blatantly diminishes the Femme.
All of the Pagan sabbats, well Christianity stole them and bastardized them into their new acceptable form, so similarly the idea of ethereal beings was taken too.

Sucks huh o.O
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:19 PM   #3
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by batbratwolfheart View Post
first of all the idea of the angel is in many religion most of them having been created before Christianity:confused so why are people telling me its weird that i like angels even though im an atheist so what what the big deal to me they are awesome fictional creatures and i love to write about them and draw them angels dont have a lot to do with religion in the first place
It's just ignorance on their part. Use this to your advantage to develop sarcasm. That's what I did in my youth
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:24 AM   #4
Lucretia is my goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by batbratwolfheart View Post
I find that funny I like vampires, demons and a load of other paranormal stuff (metal music as well) everyone calls me a satanist ( I'm actually chrisitain). I really don't give a hoot what people think anymore. Their a bunch of Slowpokes anyway go Pikachu.
Lucretia is my goal is offline   Reply With Quote