Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-26-2020, 12:25 AM   #1
KissMeDeadly

8 years later I find myself here again

I totally forgot about this forum. I had to reset my password but I'm here! It says my last login was in 2012. Time flies, I spent a couple years posting here daily, I wonder if any of my people from back then are still here, now? I remember getting into some big flame war and one of the other prominent posters put my quote in their signature purely for snark. Beautiful. I'm so happy to see this style of forum still operating.

So, to catch anybody who cares up, in 2012 I would have just turned 21, but I don't think I had actually posted anything since like 2009. I've grown so much since then I don't even think I'm the same person. Aging goth who has evolved into more of a metalhead. Less hair on top of my head, more hair on my face. I am a service dog trainer and I refuse to wear anything other than black even in the 100 degree, 90% humidity southern heat. I'm a recluse, I like producing IDM music and writing short fiction in my off time.

Nice to meet everyone, and nice to see anyone again from the glory days!
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:58 AM   #2
TrivialMorose

Hey, there, champ. Always very nice to see a corpse dig their way out of a grave. Makes it feel so alive in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
I wonder if any of my people from back then are still here, now?
Nope, they are not, but please, don't let that slow you down any. We can be friends!

Quote:
I spent a couple years posting here daily
I'm sorry, but your total post count, including this one and any whining, is only 416... Therefore, you, sir, are a liar!

How could you?!?! I thought you were my friend!

Quote:
I'm so happy to see this style of forum still operating.
Someone does indeed keep paying the server bills and there's one lunatic baying at the moon. So, the forum does indeed operate, you hit the nail on that one.

Quote:
I don't think I had actually posted anything since like 2009.
Caught you in a lie yet again! You were very active throughout both 2010 and 2011, and your last post date happened to be 06-28-2012... Can I trust anything you say? Were you even glad at all to see the forum still running?

It's also a double lie, because you only joined in 2009, and you are implying that your legendary daily postings happened prior to this...

Quote:
Less hair on top of my head, more hair on my face.
Why can't you have both? Oh my god, you've gone bald, haven't you? I'm so sorry for your loss.

Quote:
I am a service dog
Cool. Are you really?

Quote:
I refuse to wear anything other than black even in the 100 degree, 90% humidity southern heat.
I refuse, too! But I can only dream of such temperatures

Quote:
IDM music
What is this? Infernal Doom Metal? Idiotic Death Metal? Insanely Dark Mormon? I'm not any good with acronyms. Can "we" hear any?

Quote:
writing short fiction in my off time.
I've written a couple short ones. I keep trying to write long ones, but I never finish and it really gets me down...

Quote:
Underwater Ophelia, you may remember her, was here a while ago, but you missed her. I fear I might've scared her off. I hope you don't scare easy. I hope you'll stay. Please stay. Please... I know you won't, though. Even if you'd say you would, you wouldn't... Liar... Nobody ever stays...

Anyway, nice to meet you, too. The most exciting thing to happen to me all day.
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:30 AM   #3
KissMeDeadly

Haha, I guess you caught me. I don't know how to look that information up and I was just going by memory lol. I definitely seem to remember being on here all the time, though. Maybe I was more of a lurker? I don't know lol. Thanks for the welcome though...is it a pretty dead forum?
Old 07-26-2020, 10:18 AM   #4
TrivialMorose

Quote:
Maybe I was more of a lurker?...is it a pretty dead forum?
You were pretty active, you just got your timeline all mixed up. The forum is as dead as a medieval witch is today who was drowned, hung, burned and got her ashes spread over the four corners of the earth.

I hope you'll stay and have fun defiling this corpse with me. It gets so lonely in here sometimes...

Oh, and if I may suggest, make a blog! With your post count you can already! It would be a shame if you didn't...
Old 07-26-2020, 11:12 AM   #5
KissMeDeadly

Well I'm really good at talking to myself so if all else fails, there is that. Oh, and to clarify, IDM is short for "intelligent dance music", and it's sort of a controversial term because 99% of the artists in that genre don't call it that. But we have to call it something, because it's not EDM, it's not trance, it's not techno...it needs a name and that's what a lot of people call it, so I use it lol. Artists like Aphex Twin, Lorne, Trentemoller etc. You can look up Scuzzy Buckets on Spotify to see what I do. It's sort of a niche genre though, it's not for everyone.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:57 PM   #6
TrivialMorose

Spotify is not anything I touch...

...but this is you? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdy...bkT65L-Un1rbDQ

Made a cursory listen through a bunch of them. They were okay. Black Aurora Burst sounded very good. I'm not much of a critic when it comes to music. Will possibly take another, deeper ear-look at the stuff tomorrow, if I have the time. Likely will.

Quote:
Well I'm really good at talking to myself so if all else fails, there is that.
Excellent! That talent sure would serve you well around here.

Given any thought to your own blog? There's, like, 70 or so bots who would just love to read anything you might put up there. Wouldn't it be neat to have that many robotic friends?

I've been thinking about re-imagining my own blog, thinking about putting my failed fiction writing up there, but actually doing that seems so daunting.

Do you happen to do photo manipulation?
Old 08-13-2020, 06:46 AM   #7
samlarson

Quote:
I totally forgot about this forum. I had to reset my password but I'm here! It says my last login was in 2012. Time flies, I spent a couple years posting here daily, I wonder if any of my people from back then are still here, now? I remember getting into some big flame war and one of the other prominent posters put my quote in their signature purely for snark. Beautiful. I'm so happy to see this style of forum still operating.

So, to catch anybody who cares up, in 2012 I would have just turned 21, but I don't think I had actually posted anything since like 2009. I've grown so much since then I don't even think I'm the same person. Aging goth who has evolved into more of a metalhead. Less hair on top of my head, more hair on my face. I am a service dog trainer and I refuse to wear anything other than black even in the 100 degree, 90% humidity southern heat. I'm a recluse, I like producing IDM music and writing short fiction in my off time.

Are you still own/wear all the so-called "cool" things you used to wear eight years ago or when you said that you are a different person right now means that you let go of your past passion?
samlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:41 AM   #8
TrivialMorose

Quote:
Originally Posted by samlarson View Post
Are you still own/wear all the so-called "cool" things you used to wear eight years ago or when you said that you are a different person right now means that you let go of your past passion?
What an intriguing question, samlarson! Who are you? Do you know KissMeDeadly? Are you also some old corpse secretly resurrected? Or are you just asking generally if he's finally grown out of the phase?

Sorry for butting in, but I'm just dying to know...
Old 09-05-2020, 01:09 PM   #9
HarryHaller

Welcome back. Glad to see you.

Don't feed the trolls.
HarryHaller is offline   Reply With Quote