Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum




Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #26
Paradoxial_oblivion
 
Paradoxial_oblivion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hudson Texas
Posts: 16
... ok im going to stop this now you two can take small social drama away from this post please. i want this to be serious and get people real opinions on the intercooperation in the gothic community and its potential to help us live easier.

because ideally wouldn't you love to be able to dress the way you wanted at any job unless like a surgeoun or something like that for health and safety purposes?
Paradoxial_oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #27
msg_themoon
 
msg_themoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Most Goth Place In Texas...
Posts: 297
Blog Entries: 1
HEY NOW!!!! HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself!!!!
I agree with this person above me!! I would love to be able to work a job with some paint on my face! i dont fancy piercings on me but i plan on getting covered in tattoos! and i'd love to be a teacher with tattoos everywhere and a little too much paint face makeup!
msg_themoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #28
Paradoxial_oblivion
 
Paradoxial_oblivion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hudson Texas
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg_themoon View Post
HEY NOW!!!! HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself!!!!
Why hello there...so what is your view on the original post?
Paradoxial_oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #29
vindicatedxjin
 
vindicatedxjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ∞ ∞ //▲▲\\ ∞ ∞
Posts: 4,627
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxial_oblivion View Post
... ok im going to stop this now you two can take small social drama away from this post please. i want this to be serious and get people real opinions on the intercooperation in the gothic community and its potential to help us live easier.

because ideally wouldn't you love to be able to dress the way you wanted at any job unless like a surgeoun or something like that for health and safety purposes?

Absolutely but our generation is just still so stuck in what should be the norm that I honestly do not see that happening until maybe our children have jobs. I mean it HAS gotten a bit more lenient especially as far as tattoos go you know?
__________________
rubber band balls


Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #30
Duane
 
Duane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Desert
Posts: 4,270
Blog Entries: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
Shut up, you.
Excellent!!!
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #31
Geoluhread
 
Geoluhread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lincoln, UK
Posts: 4,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
I actually liked you up to this point.
Your problem, not mine =)
__________________
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne


add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #32
vindicatedxjin
 
vindicatedxjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ∞ ∞ //▲▲\\ ∞ ∞
Posts: 4,627
Blog Entries: 1
^^Oblivion this is what I'm talking about...how can anyone respect us if we are associated with acting in this rude manner???
__________________
rubber band balls


Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #33
Geoluhread
 
Geoluhread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lincoln, UK
Posts: 4,001
I`m not goth.
__________________
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne


add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #34
msg_themoon
 
msg_themoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Most Goth Place In Texas...
Posts: 297
Blog Entries: 1
I love being discriminated against! Easiest 20 bucks of my life!
msg_themoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #35
Paradoxial_oblivion
 
Paradoxial_oblivion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hudson Texas
Posts: 16
*face desk* X100,000,000,000
Paradoxial_oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #36
vindicatedxjin
 
vindicatedxjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ∞ ∞ //▲▲\\ ∞ ∞
Posts: 4,627
Blog Entries: 1
No one ever said that you were goth I was speaking on behalf of an "alternative" people.
__________________
rubber band balls


Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #37
Duane
 
Duane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Desert
Posts: 4,270
Blog Entries: 9
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
No one ever said that you were goth I was speaking on behalf of an "alternative" people.
Shut up, you.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #38
Geoluhread
 
Geoluhread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lincoln, UK
Posts: 4,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
Shut up, you.
Seconded. sldkfjsad
__________________
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne


add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #39
Duane
 
Duane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Desert
Posts: 4,270
Blog Entries: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
Seconded. sldkfjsad
We do Ducky proud.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #40
vindicatedxjin
 
vindicatedxjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ∞ ∞ //▲▲\\ ∞ ∞
Posts: 4,627
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxial_oblivion View Post
*face desk* X100,000,000,000

Oh don't do that...you might end up like I did in the ER. Sorry this always ends up happening where ever I write anything...people just naturally hate me. Because apparently I'm obnoxiously annoying.
But as for the topic...I know exactly what your trying to get at in this situation...but so many who try to bring up the same thing...always end up getting made fun of because no one really cares for being respected apparently.
__________________
rubber band balls


Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #41
vindicatedxjin
 
vindicatedxjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ∞ ∞ //▲▲\\ ∞ ∞
Posts: 4,627
Blog Entries: 1
*joins *face desk* X100,000,000,000*
__________________
rubber band balls


Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #42
Geoluhread
 
Geoluhread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lincoln, UK
Posts: 4,001
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
We do Ducky proud.
I`m not a big fan of Ducky, but she sure deserves it.

@ vindicatedxjin

Shut up, you.
__________________
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne


add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #43
Duane
 
Duane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the Desert
Posts: 4,270
Blog Entries: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
I`m not a big fan of Ducky, but she sure deserves it.

@ vindicatedxjin

Shut up, you.
I am, I'm also a fan of his tunage.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #44
msg_themoon
 
msg_themoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Most Goth Place In Texas...
Posts: 297
Blog Entries: 1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg_themoon View Post
I love being discriminated against! Easiest 20 bucks of my life!
Oh ME

anyways opinion on the original post, yes it sucks that the appearance you have is used against you in deciding whether or not you will be qualified for a job. I was always having problems due to my long hair! That is just hair i understand in the food industry but that is what a hairnet and hat are for, women have long hair and so can men. Then again it is the only means i have of expressing myself. A lot of other people express themselves through what they wear and there's nothing wrong it that! If I was an employer I would gladly hire someone no matter what they looked like. as long as they get the job done. Unless they have a fetus stuck to their head, that's just rude. But when it comes to i guess SUBcultures people are more separated than they are together because everyone has their own opinion, and a lot of people don't label themselves, all i can label myself is as a human being. You are pretty much on your own. you say "I'm goth" then someone else says "Not as goth as me" FIGHT, i dont know how many people see it the way you do, but find those people, don't push just accept, and dont do crack and places like this i came here for more things to see and talk about and it seemed like a nice place to sign up THUMBS UP!
msg_themoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #45
vindicatedxjin
 
vindicatedxjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ∞ ∞ //▲▲\\ ∞ ∞
Posts: 4,627
Blog Entries: 1
Geo, and may I ask how I deserve it?
__________________
rubber band balls


Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #46
msg_themoon
 
msg_themoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Most Goth Place In Texas...
Posts: 297
Blog Entries: 1
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoluhread View Post
seconded. sldkfjsad
first-ed!

.................................................. .................................................. ............................
msg_themoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #47
vindicatedxjin
 
vindicatedxjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ∞ ∞ //▲▲\\ ∞ ∞
Posts: 4,627
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg_themoon View Post
Oh ME

anyways opinion on the original post, yes it sucks that the appearance you have is used against you in deciding whether or not you will be qualified for a job. I was always having problems due to my long hair! That is just hair i understand in the food industry but that is what a hairnet and hat are for, women have long hair and so can men. Then again it is the only means i have of expressing myself. A lot of other people express themselves through what they wear and there's nothing wrong it that! If I was an employer I would gladly hire someone no matter what they looked like. as long as they get the job done. Unless they have a fetus stuck to their head, that's just rude. But when it comes to i guess SUBcultures people are more separated than they are together because everyone has their own opinion, and a lot of people don't label themselves, all i can label myself is as a human being. You are pretty much on your own. you say "I'm goth" then someone else says "Not as goth as me" FIGHT, i dont know how many people see it the way you do, but find those people, don't push just accept, and dont do crack and places like this i came here for more things to see and talk about and it seemed like a nice place to sign up THUMBS UP!

Baby fetus on the head...WIN!!!!!
__________________
rubber band balls


Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #48
Geoluhread
 
Geoluhread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lincoln, UK
Posts: 4,001
Stop making everything revolve around you and act your age.
__________________
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne


add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #49
vindicatedxjin
 
vindicatedxjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ∞ ∞ //▲▲\\ ∞ ∞
Posts: 4,627
Blog Entries: 1
I wasn't...I came on this thread to talk about the subject and you dear lady...turned it around on ME.
__________________
rubber band balls


Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #50
Paradoxial_oblivion
 
Paradoxial_oblivion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hudson Texas
Posts: 16
ahh but one of the sad things is that the goths or alternatives who grow up become dissillusioned with the younger form the middle aged different people of today claim that you cant be goth unless you were bron between teh mid 70's and mid 90's. i was just trying to see how good gothic or alternative cooperation is...and this i guess is a small show of it... or lack thereof. anyways thanx guys and i hope numerous others reply to this remember refer friends to it i love eharing new opinions they broaden my horizons.
Paradoxial_oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
freedom , goth , idea , liberation , unity

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:46 AM.