View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #449
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
"It shall be engraved upon your very soul!"

Well, I have an appreciation for parts of Norse mythology. The nature of einherjar and their representation as individuals particularly appeals to me. It's the format of the game that does that so well. A brief glimpse of their lives and deaths show to be almost always tragic, violent, or heroic, and the game continues on by allowing them to grow as individuals both under the guidance of Valkyrie as well as after being sent to Valhalla. Practically, it's perfect as a "pick up and play" sort of game.

The dystheistic representation of the gods, to include the important ones like Freya and Odin, is also very compelling. Unfortunately, like with most aspects of the game, it is only further developed in the prequel's "rebellion against the gods" theme.

Aside from that, I think Valkyrie makes an awesome female lead. Between her character design and demeanor, she's striking as kick ass, but not in the "I want to get in her pants" sort of way. It's funny that I hadn't really noticed that until playing Silmeria where the Alicia/Silmeria contrast was present.

So yeah. I know a little about Valkyrie Profile. XD
I cried during Yumei's recruitment.

I have a particular fondness for Freya, she may be snooty, and be on a major ego trip but hell she can afford to be. Ether Strike is disturbingly powerful. Hell, she can make a magic shield strong enough to survive a direct blast from the magical power of an artifact that is used to stabilized the existence of one of the planes of existence.

I loooove Mystina. I just find her hilarious for some reason.

Norse mythology is probably the one I find most interesting and VP really plays on it well but then it able to take it in its own direction and stand alone. Though I was always just a tad iffy about the inclusion of Hai Lan, it just seemed like a ploy to get some orient into Midgard.