View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #88
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Morey View Post
You consider Carrie one of his good ones? Most King fans (and I know a lot of them) consider that on the lower end of King's work. His payoffs aren't always the best, and yes sometimes he uses cliches, but not always.
I used quotes around "good" because that's what King fans tell me to read when I say "Stephen King sucks".

I notice you don't seem to have a problem with him endlessly recycling characters, plot points, etc. to the point that you'd think new ideas are the leading cause of carbon emissions.

His payoffs aren't the best? You're understating it a bit, I think, as a lot of Stephen King books have payoffs that are plot-smashingly dumb. It was a lot scarier when It was a shape-shifting clown, instead of a gigantic, cosmic demon spider that is the enemy of the giant god-turtle that created the world after a particularly bad bout of indigestion. The fact that Stephen King thinks this idea is good enough that he's made it a part of his canon and repeats this plot point time and again just goes to show you how stupendously silly Stephen King can get.
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote