Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
smower

Greetings

Hello, my name's Stuart. Been lingering in guests for a bit and decided to register.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I'm an SUT (Soldier Under Training) in the British TA, and also a student about to enter second year at University. I'd love to be a writer and director when I graduate so I've been making short film(s) and getting experience in technical aspects while at University. I have written short stories (or attempted to) in the past but don't get a lot of time any more. I also try to do martial arts when I can. I've done MMA in the past and next semester I'm joining the University's Muai Thai (sp?) club, so that should be fun. I'm also partial to a bit of Sudoku from time to time.

2. Where are you from?

I'm from Stirling in central Scotland.

3. Who is your favorite author?

Uh, I don't really have an author that I make it a point of reading all the time, unless its a sequel to a book I liked. I quite like H.P. Lovecraft, and generally any book that involves monsters or an apocalypse or just zombies.

4. What are your favorite films?

Aliens will always be a favourite for me, that and Jurassic Park. However I'd say my favourite director was Guillermo Del Toro, absolutely love his films.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

I haven't really given it much thought unfortunately.

6. At your funeral?

Likewise haven't given it much thought.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

So long as I'm not eaten by something or crushed slowly by something I don't mind.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Not really sure, maybe something black (stereotypical I know) or dark red.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Usually just T-Shirt, Jeans and a leather jacket (always the leather jacket =p).

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Not having to worry about bills and getting everything paid for you.

11. What's your favorite band?

I don't have one single favourite band, and my taste can range. I pretty much love Gothic Metal stuff like Tristania, Theatre of Tragedy and Sirenia, and also love Industrial Metal stuff like Deathstars and Gothminister too. Symphonic metal bands I like too and also bands like Christian Death and The Cruxshadows. And from time to time I also find myself listening to Little Boots and synthpop like that.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I'm about to enter second year at university studying Film Media and Journalism. Would like to do honours, but I'd have to get all the credits, plus I'm trying to get all the experience I can at the moment in filming and such.

13. Why did you join?

I thought it would be a good way to talk to more...I don't want to say 'goths' but people who share similar interests and those who are drawn to the darker aspects or so of life (sorry if that sounds stereotypical or anything I really can't think of any other way to put it).

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

I'm a guy.

Hope that lets you know a bit more about me, if you want to know anything more then please just ask.
smower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
Pineapple_Juice

I wanna see one of your films.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
smower

Okay but view at you own risk, since this is the first actual thing I've ever made. There are some horrible errors with lighting that meant I had to light it up in post and thus it looks a bit bad in a few scenes. Also the acting isn't that good, save for the leads. I blame myself for this since I'm in it in a minor role I wasn't able to find someone to fill. Still, there's a few shots that I like, and it was a good learning experience.

The film is part of a series of stories in a show we make called [i]Terror Basket[i], which is supposed to be like a Goosebumps and Are You Afraid of the Dark type thing, so there's a few up now and we're trying to build continuity between them.

http://vimeo.com/16476944

I'm currently filming the sequel and I'm about 3/4 ways through, and so far what we have is a lot better. I'm also working on other stuff in the next few months so they'll hopefully be better.
smower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #4
ssj_goku

You're in the army?

I might go into the army in a few years. College is for pussys
Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 AM   #5
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_goku View Post
You're in the army?

I might go into the army in a few years. College is for pussys
I know, right?!

Also: Whoever you are needs to troll more.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote