Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-15-2006, 02:35 AM   #576
bleedingheart344

Ok, so I have by far some of the most (naturally) curly hair their is, it seriously looks like I just got a perm. It really is bothersome, but I have not found a straightener that works for me. The only method of doing something different to my hair to not have it be so curly is to braid it. I have only braided it once before, but that was in four huge ass braids, would braids look really stupid on me? http://i9.tinypic.com/43d9hc9.jpg
Old 09-15-2006, 03:51 AM   #577
Cicero

It's funny... I was just browsing through a few deathrock bands on myspace (the only time I would ever dare venture to that godforsaken website), and realised something:

Myspace is awesome for finding hair ideas!

Everyone there is so vain, and some (especially those associated with deathrock bands) are strangely creative. After all that inspiration I'm off to the salon next week for sure. I'm so sick of my hair.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:43 AM   #578
c130

I had a haircut today... Hairdresser didn't do what I wanted her to (cut the sides REALLY short) because she reckoned it would look daft. XD
Old 09-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #579
unedifying

I'm growing my hair out all long and nice-like. After it's really long, I'll consider some possible new hairstyles.
unedifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:01 PM   #580
disorder

I have incredibley curly-boofy-fizzy hair. Anyone got any suggestions on a good cut for my stupid mop?
Old 09-16-2006, 10:38 PM   #581
darkness-creepshow

Brandon lee has good good hair ideas!
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:27 AM   #582
disorder

Who is this Brandon Lee you speak of?
Old 09-17-2006, 12:36 AM   #583
Cicero

He's the actor who played the character of Eric Draven in 'The Crow'. He has great hair in the movie, but I highly doubt it was actually his own idea...

Old 09-18-2006, 09:25 AM   #584
Angel of the Dark

I myself can't any longer use all those hair dyes which you can bought in a store...I used to dye my hair black,put the my scalp and hair went so bad condition,that I had to stop doing that...No I have found that Henna haircolour is very good,it fixes the scalp and treats the hair and you can use i as often as you like,it does not harm your hair,cause there are only natural incredients in it.Now my hair is some sort of reddish,although I dyed it bright red,it isn't so bright that I expected,but it's still better than my own brown hair colour...These hair colours are available at many different shades,henna red,mahingey,bright red,black,blonde,and so on.And it's really cheap,much cheaper than those other hair dyes.
Angel of the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 02:57 PM   #585
c130

I might try henna dye; I've never dyed my hair so far because of all the crap they put in dyes. What colour's your hair naturally? Would darker hair need bleached for the lighter henna colours to show up?
Old 09-18-2006, 06:43 PM   #586
Cicero

It depends how dark your hair is, and how vibrant you want the colours. I have naturally dark brown hair which I've been dying black for years, and red Henna showed up as a nice tint over the black, and where my natural colour had grown out turned a deep burgundy colour, which I rather liked.

For the black I use Indigo - the blue-black cousin of Henna - and it's been far more effective and healthy than other black dyes. It's also way cheaper than anything else I've found.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:14 PM   #587
dark_dragon_of_ice

Well I think im going to dye my hair black with dark red highlights =D
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 02:09 PM   #588
Kiinu

Okay so... My hair story... hahaha

Early last year... I dyed my hair Blue and purple.. and I loved it...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...6/HPIM0638.jpg

so yeah... when It faded out (it's fading in that piccy) I redid it in at the end of August for school... now... my fathers getting married in December and he wants my hair to be a normal color... and I really need a job... I'm in a small town... so there is... a supermarket and a dunkin donuts basically... and they won't hire me with odd hair anyway... so I bleached it out...

All the purple came out and most of the blue... but not the pieces right in front... and I looks wicked and I love it this way too...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...i/HPIM2459.jpg
(please ignore the fact that I'm dressed as sesshoumaru)

but I want to dye it natural reddish... like irishy red... and I'm not sure if it'll have any bad reactions with the blue...

so... should I just wait until the blue fades (if it does)? or try dying over it? because I'm not bleaching it again... it made my hair get knottted eaiser for a week or two... I had a rats nest on my head... My hair is pretty long... so it was pretty bad when I couldn't brush it constanly to keep it from turning into a giant knot from hell.

ok I babble alot i know.. but someones help would be nice..
Kiinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 02:18 PM   #589
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I dyed my hair black during 6th grade. I kept it that way. I did red highlights twice, the second time didn't work well though.

I then tried bleaching it out, and he turned red, orange, and yellow. It looked really bad with my black eyebrows. I then had my friend's mom (who luckily for me happens to be a hair dresser and does my hair for free) who dyed it red for me.

I kept it red for a few months. It started to fade and my natural dirty blonde started to come through. It looked horrendous. I dyed it black again in August and I cut it short and got my hair cut into bangs again. I haven't had bangs since 5th grade I think.

I had really long hair until 6th grade when I cut it really short. It's been short ever since. But now I am growing it back out and yes I have to keep my hair looking normal because I too have to get a job and it's a small town. But before I reach the legal age for work I can do blue highlights.

Anyway, sorry to bore you.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 06:28 PM   #590
PoupeeCelestia

Location: Lapiland =) quite a nice place with purple mountains and that kind of stuff...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
I have only braided it once before, but that was in four huge ass braids, would braids look really stupid on me? http://i9.tinypic.com/43d9hc9.jpg
YEZZZ!!!! Waitt NOO NO!!! baby, please think twice before brading anyshit. Let me tell you, curly hair does look sexy, if itīs treated the right way . Everytime you braid your hair it not only gets damaged, but it also ends up being curlier than before. Now, next time you get a shower, get in front of the mirror. Your hair?, Iīm pretty sure it looks awesome when itīs wet. There are lots of products to get that "wet effect" at any hair section store. Leave your hair grow long. Like shoulder-legth itīs ok. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiinu
but I want to dye it natural reddish... like irishy red... and I'm not sure if it'll have any bad reactions with the blue...

so... should I just wait until the blue fades (if it does)? or try dying over it? because I'm not bleaching it again... it made my hair get knottted eaiser for a week or two... I had a rats nest on my head... My hair is pretty long... so it was pretty bad when I couldn't brush it constanly to keep it from turning into a giant knot from hell.

ok I babble alot i know.. but someones help would be nice..
Yey Kiinu!...I see you like anime XP!...I also like it...well...acually Iīm more into hentai (and I had this obsession with Inuyasha...I find him so cute!)...but anywayzz...
That just depends on the brand of dye you used...mmm...I donīt think youīll have a lot of trouble as long as the reddish or whatever color you want itīs DARK ENOUGHT TO COVER IT. Plus, you alredy bleached your hair, I think it will work (like 80% sure...). But before doing anything, try to think in what you want, if what you search for itīs an even color, Iīts going to take you a little more trouble.

And just a tip: doing hightlights damages your hair more than dying it...dying your hair itīs way less abrasive process because it doesnīt uses as much chemicals as the bleaching you have to do for the hightlights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by c130
I might try henna dye; I've never dyed my hair so far because of all the crap they put in dyes. What colour's your hair naturally? Would darker hair need bleached for the lighter henna colours to show up?
Blah...I used henna once...itīs really good. And the best part is that you only need water =) =)...but the color eventualy fades a little..and there are some Henna Shampoos: donīt use them, they donīt work really good. It will only notice if you have bleached hair streaks...and it makes no sense if what you want itīs a natural dying process.
Mmm....c130, guys with long hair look good...
---

Ok, this is a really cool link. I know my space has really good ideas. But, take a look at Adamīs adventures....(I alredy adore him)...in VampireFreaks youīll find great ideas too...
PoupeeCelestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 06:43 PM   #591
PoupeeCelestia

Location: Lapiland =) quite a nice place with purple mountains and that kind of stuff...
Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder
I have incredibley curly-boofy-fizzy hair. Anyone got any suggestions on a good cut for my stupid mop?
Mmm...if itīs like those curly but strangely fizzy hair...then itīs difficult..=/ (yes, I know). You may start by trying to accept it, because wa you can do for it isnīt much, unless you go for somehting a bit radical.
Products end up damaging you hair, and you donīt have the patience to dry it everyday. But meanwhile you could use something that hydrates your hair without obtaining that effect of sexy woman rollers.
There are only a few haircut options for your hair...because usually, a haircut always needs a superficial dry to give emphasis in the cut.
Well...I have a friend that had this thing thatīs called "desriz japonés" over here...the translation would be something like "japanese smoothed". It consists on a very very hot and special iron (maybe ceramic). They apply it with a special chemical that straightens your hair forever...(but you still have to take care of it and maintain it going to the hair salon...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
Anyway, sorry to bore you.
Bah, not at all. Why donīt you take some pics and post them here? =)
Old 09-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #592
Kiinu

My hair goes back to normal after awhile... I'm thinking I just bleach it again in a couple months to white...

Love Inuyasha... and hentai... and YAOI! (severly offtopic)

anywho... thanks for the tip... I've never highlighted my hair before... and never really planned to... 0.0;
Kiinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:53 PM   #593
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoupeeCelestia

Bah, not at all. Why donīt you take some pics and post them here? =)
I am currently trying to get an avatar of me again on here. I am trying to get a new pic of me on here as my avatar. But for some reason it won't work no matter how small I make the pic.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 09-25-2006, 02:27 PM   #594
c130

I realised the most awsome thing ever today. My sister's training to become a hairdresser, and she's about to learn how to do tints now. In a month or so she'll move off doing the tints on Sally the doll to start practising on humans, and she'll need to bring in some willing volunteers... I'll be able to get my hair coloured for free! This will be so awsome; I can try whatever I like without fear of wasting fifty pounds if I don't like it. Yeah I'm poor, shameless, and quite brave.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #595
She_Is_My_Sin

My sister does that for her friend. He put a really lovely red tint on it last time.

I need to get my hair sorted sometime...but I don't know what I want...I'm to undecisive. One minute I want it shorter, or red, or longer etc. I'll think of something sometime. ^_^
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #596
RadioactiveFrog

I have armpit-length, frizzy but straight, thin black hair...it's been in the same style for five years. Only problem is that my hair's getting too heavy (probably due to build-up of dye, but I'm NOT going to bleach it) and it's starting to get thin on top. I really don't want to just go for another trim, but the problem is I have glasses so most fringes don't suit me. Any suggestions for a decent cut?
RadioactiveFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:45 AM   #597
PoupeeCelestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveFrog
I have armpit-length, frizzy but straight, thin black hair...it's been in the same style for five years. Only problem is that my hair's getting too heavy (probably due to build-up of dye, but I'm NOT going to bleach it) and it's starting to get thin on top. I really don't want to just go for another trim, but the problem is I have glasses so most fringes don't suit me. Any suggestions for a decent cut?
Iīll say get rid of some volume. Some "layer" haircuts look really good, but depends on the shape of your head. (and it would be nice if you hydrate your hair with something )
Old 09-30-2006, 12:22 PM   #598
c130

Why not get your hairdresser to feather it a little to get rid of some of the volume?
Old 09-30-2006, 01:23 PM   #599
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveFrog
Just so you know, sweetie, bleach will NOT make your hair lighter in weight! The only thing bleach will do is a.) lighten your hair color and b.) damage your hair. Damaging your hair will make it frizzier. I would suggest asking your hairdresser to cut your hair with a razor. No, not the electric sort, or the sort you shave your legs with. Razor-cut hair has increased in popularity recently. What it does is gives you loads of layers, and it makes thick, unmanageable hair thinner and easier to deal with. If you're lazy, like me, though, ask them not to make your layers too short-- you may want to fit it all into a ponytail.
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:33 PM   #600
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I like razors a lot. Whenever I get my hair cut I ask the lady to use one. But I'm lucky because the woman who does my hair happens to be my best friend's mother and she does it for free.

I don't suggest using bleach. I really don't. I about near killed mine, and my hair turned into three different ugly bright obnoxious colors. It was pretty gnarly.

-Zach Galifianakis