Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-28-2006, 10:12 PM   #601
Cicero

An invitation I would love to accept, but how close is Texas to Alaska?

Ah well, I'll be visiting Texas eventually. I have many people to visit there, and now I have one more!
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:24 PM   #602
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Oh, I wasn't quite replying to Somber Illusions so much as making a statement for future arguments about hating Hot Topic or not.
But, on the subject Somber Illusions has placed, I just have to say that:
So, you have just placed everyone that DOESN'T shop at Hot Topic as "poseurs"? Where's the sense in that?

But there wasn't an arguement about hating Hot Topic.. it was about taking accountability for her judgemental comments.. but whatever silly boy, have your moment.

But yes, you get my point with the latter half of your statement.. the entire post went from mediocre acceptable scrutiny to an astoundingly hypercritical accusation.

Besides, I can't stand long winded self serving sermons... especially about what or who is or isn't goth.. I don't fucking care, I had enough of that shit with Arc and I praise all that is holy that that asshole is long deceased.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:28 PM   #603
Godslayer Jillian

I think there's still something that's not clicking between us. My post wasn't about Somber Illusions. It was kind of a statement for the Hot Topic overall thread.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:56 PM   #604
Sanctus Dei

I see, I suppose had you not sounded as though your comment was intended for us directly, (aka: "People, it's easy"... which was only two posts after the close of the arguement) plus had you not said, "future arguments" in your responding post.. then I wouldn't have been under the assumption that your entire post was in response to our non related tiff. Perhaps next time you should be sure to state whom your opinion is directed at when it contains as many personal ideals as your original response did.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

Old 05-28-2006, 11:15 PM   #605
Godslayer Jillian

Point taken. Now, to seal the piece of advice, may I ask for a kiss?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 03:11 AM   #606
Sanctus Dei

Why ask? You know your welcome to one anytime doll...

Old 05-29-2006, 06:55 AM   #607
Draconysius

Hmm... It would seem the little smartass hasn't anything to say of your response, Sanctus; nice work.

I enjoy shopping in HT occasionally, but my chief complaint is the overpricing of every item there. It is sometimes, however, the only place I can get the kind of clothing I'm seeking. Last Saturday I purchased a pair of long, black and white-striped socks there that I'm certain I would have a difficult time finding elsewhere. I couldn't be enjoying them more, by the way; I'm showing them to just about everyone I meet.

Hot Topic is a decent department store. They're just like any other clothing store chain, except that they sell one specific style of clothing. I haven't any grudge against anyone who wears clothing from there, even against someone whose entire wardrobe is from there. My only complaints would arise if that person believes he or she is 'gothic' because of their attire.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:00 AM   #608
An Eccentric Cellist

Draconysius, if you have a local Target you should be able to buy long black-and-white striped socks for cheap and in decent quality. There also should be a multitude of colors.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:49 AM   #609
screamer004

Smile

......hot topic is a sad, sad place but i have to go in there to buy my clothes......i hate the people who go in there but i have to say that i love there clothes.....and boots

xXxScreamer
screamer004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:04 AM   #610
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamer004
...... i have to go in there to buy my clothes......i hate the people who go in there >snippety snip<
Does that mean you hate yourself?

*slaps forehead* Oh but of course it does. Self-hatred is the ultimate accessory for gawths. Any kid who doesn't hate themselves is not gawth and will be laughed at by all the cool gawths. Parental hatred optional, but recommended.

Bleh.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:24 AM   #611
merivelles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtSorcier
Well, we've all got something we'd like to change. If I were rich and had fewer morals, I'd probably have had my thighs, gut, and breasts sucked out by now.
Not all of us would change something. I'm quite content with my figure/looks or whatever you'd like to call them.
merivelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:25 AM   #612
merivelles

-rip stabitty stab stab-
Old 05-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #613
Solumina

*poke**poke*
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:50 PM   #614
winged_dreams

*claps for Sanctus* I see I missed some drama but this thread always drags it up. To me, Hot Topic is just another store I can't afford and wouldn't buy clothes at even if I could. *hugs ebay* Ebay is so awesome or at least I think so. I just got a wonderful shirt there for a whopping 1.04. ^^

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:23 PM   #615
Sanctus Dei

I love you winged... come home more often...

Old 05-31-2006, 11:36 PM   #616
winged_dreams

I'll try. I just get distracted. I blame Neopets, my wonderful addiction.

Old 06-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #617
merivelles

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
*claps for Sanctus* I see I missed some drama but this thread always drags it up. To me, Hot Topic is just another store I can't afford and wouldn't buy clothes at even if I could. *hugs ebay* Ebay is so awesome or at least I think so. I just got a wonderful shirt there for a whopping 1.04. ^^
I agree whole heartedly. Ebay is a great place to do one's shopping, for everything really. (I'm getting a violin for my birthday from Ebay.) -hugs the Ebay as well-
Old 06-03-2006, 08:56 PM   #618
winged_dreams

Yeah, I hate dealing with salespeople.

I don't really mind Hot Topic clothes but they just scream I'm a whiny little kid whose parents don't let me stay out until 1 am. My life sucks. So I would never wear them. If I was to were Hot Topic clothes (I have a pair of plain black long shorts) I want those clothes to look like they didn't come from Hot Topic. Perhaps I'm too picky.

Old 06-04-2006, 07:30 AM   #619
Somber Illusions

Sanctus, you seriously need to work on your tone in the posts, I'm starting to think you're a bitch.

But thats just my opinion.
Somber Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:02 AM   #620
bjork_freak

You mean tone of voice?

God, I really hope you're using sarcasm.
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #621
tekajo

i don't think Sanctus has to work on anything.

No. Not really.

But that's just my opinion.

Speaking of Hot Topic...i went into one the other day and they have fucking Salad Fingers t-shirts! http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm i suggest watching all seven episodes

i may go today and get one of those t's.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:50 PM   #622
bjork_freak

I loved that animation! I showed all seven to my cousin and my sister. I doubt the Hot Topic in my mall would sell that though.
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:27 PM   #623
Somber Illusions

I'm not literally calling her a bitch, she has a "bitchy" tone when she replies to my threads. Its not so much in this particular thread, I think I deserved the flaming here.

But, in the ranting thread she is coming off as a bitch. Its totally uncalled for and I did nothing to provoke it.

Sanctus, you can't base my personality off of one negative post. If you think I'm a twat because I showed my ass here, then you are quick to judge. May I ask, what is with negative attitude?
Somber Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #624
Sanctus Dei

Yes, I am quick to fuckin' judge... and yes, I've judged you to be a twat... and double yes, I AM a bitch. What fucking of it?

Don't fuckin' tell me what I can and can't do, you're the one who stumbled your way onto a site and spread your theatrically highly processed shit for all to see, but what happens when you lack the internal subtance to up hold your hefty 'holier then thou' laden bull?

You're experiencing it right fuckin' now.

If you want me to show an ioda of respect for your weak ass, then play a game of 'humble thyself', take the time learn who we are and what we stand for before you call out a span of people you know nothing about and don't expect anyone of us to treat you like family until you earn the fuckin' spot.

Oh and btw, first thing first....you could attempt a sincere apology to the entire board for your generalized judgement of their apparent "conformity" in shopping choices.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #625
maggot

...You spelled 'iota' wrong