Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:13 AM   #101
Oubliette

I've been on meds for clinical depression for 9 years now, and I wish I didn't need them anymore.

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:13 AM   #102
Corpus_Draconis

I have a rather strong theory that I'm depressed, and I went to see a counsellor, but I didn't like her so I managed to convince her that I'm OK. However, there have been a couple times when I've seriously considered checking myself into the nearest psyc ward...
But I just went and cried in a dark, empty chapel instead.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:59 AM   #103
ViciousMistressBee

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............i just take my fucking pills thats how you deal with it.
hard to be depressed and anxious when you have no emotions left.
hmmmmmm.....little yellow and blue pills.
*fuck this*
ViciousMistressBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:47 AM   #104
MissJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpus_Draconis
I have a rather strong theory that I'm depressed, and I went to see a counsellor, but I didn't like her so I managed to convince her that I'm OK. However, there have been a couple times when I've seriously considered checking myself into the nearest psyc ward...
But I just went and cried in a dark, empty chapel instead.
see a psychiatrist before you check yourself in! it's quite the rude awakening even if you are nuts. I'd say hospitilization is a last resort. it sucks. to the extreme.
MissJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:52 PM   #105
A Simple Poet

I tend to get them on occassion, though less so of late since I have gotten in touch with my inner a--hole. (Meaning, I am not as nice as I once was...)

It is going to sound freaky, but I get nervous when I think I feel my blood coursing through my veins. Yes, I know it is not anatomically possible for this but tell that to my occassionally unsound mind. I have insomnia, twitching limbs, and a generally nervous disposition. The cure? To basically say to Hell with it all, tip back the gipsy and swallow the pills the doc gave me for nerves...Sleep is Heavenly when I get there...

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:22 PM   #106
Sobeh

I've often been conscious of blood flow. Anatomically impossible? Headaches are often caused by excessive blood flow, as is any kind of swelling... also, should swelling happen near a place where the blood flow is close to the skin, the pressure on the underside of the skin is such that the pulse can be felt. The heart is always something you can be aware of, as is the flow within your ears. Ever been somewhere really really quiet, and yet there's that tinny (yes, tinny) ring in the ears? Blood flow baby.

Blood is Sacred <-- I'd get this tattooed in Latin or some other dead tongue if I was gonna get a tattoo.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #107
Icarian Decoding

How do I deal with stress?
Well, it's really easy. I just believe that stress is not there. I mean, seriously, it isn't. So, you're about to be shot by a Nazi-Loving, God-Worshiping, Terrorist-Supporting, Mormonizing, Lieing, Cheating, Smelly, Obsessive-Compulsive, AD-HD Hemaphrodite Republican? Who cares? I mean, honestly, I see so many kids getting really stressed out, about the world, about politics, about who thinks what of him/her, and all the like, and it baffles me. The world only has good things in store for you.

Let me demonstrate. I was talking to a girl in a chatroom. It was just a normal IRC channel, and she seemed upset. I mean, she was really up in a work over how some laboratory somewhere was going to test on animals. I simply asked her, "Well, what do you think is going to happen to them?". She responded with, "They're going to die!". All I could do was tell her, that if they died, they would be in a better place then they already are. If they live, then they are going to help science in a very good way. If they somehow suffer while they die, then you can rest assured that their little minds will blank out, and that eventually, it will all be over.

Everytime I feel depressed, or I feel nervous, or I just get that wierd, uneasy feeling, I just smile, and remember what others have told me. Anyway I live, that's okay. If it makes me happy, then I might as well do it. The world isn't going to hand happyness over to me, so I might as well take it.
Icarian Decoding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:50 AM   #108
bjork_freak

The best way I deal with stress and anxiety is burning incense. Try dragon's blood. And DO NOT think you hit the jackpot if you find a 100 pack of strawberry shit scented incense for $1.99 in the clearance rack at Hot Topic. CHEAP INCENSE IS USELESS.
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:33 AM   #109
Cicero

Might as well mention my story: Was depressed for about a year, a psychiatrist prescribed me a whole line of drugs, eventually settled on Remeron and I miraculously recovered. Done. Fucking awful while it was happening, but it ended.

Nowadays my remedy for stress is just satisfying my ravenous sweet tooth. About an hour ago I found out my ex, whom I have many unresolved matters with, is in love with a new girlfriend. I started having a panic attack at first, and was merely seconds away from posting in the "Rant Thread", but then all I had to do was enter my stash of "Haribo Happy Cherries" and it all went away. Perhaps it's the sweet chemical cherry taste, perhaps they're laced with extreme doses of Xanax - whatever the case, I'm feelin' pretty damn good.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:07 AM   #110
Oubliette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjork_freak
The best way I deal with stress and anxiety is burning incense. Try dragon's blood. And DO NOT think you hit the jackpot if you find a 100 pack of strawberry shit scented incense for $1.99 in the clearance rack at Hot Topic. CHEAP INCENSE IS USELESS.

I'm a big fan of Nag Champa

Old 04-12-2006, 08:10 AM   #111
Oubliette

I read, sleep or clean when I'm anxious.

I also smoke lots of pot. (not that I reccomend that)

Old 04-12-2006, 08:11 AM   #112
Oubliette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousMistressBee
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............i just take my fucking pills thats how you deal with it.
hard to be depressed and anxious when you have no emotions left.
hmmmmmm.....little yellow and blue pills.
*fuck this*

Mine are little blue and orange guys.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #113
Madame Mystique

Social Anxiety

How do you all handle Social Anxiety? I'm going to Convergence and I'm very anxious. It is outside of my comfort zone. Group gatherings with new faces cause me anxiety.
Madame Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #114
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubliette
I also smoke lots of pot. (not that I reccomend that)
It's healthier than prozac, and not addictive. I'd recommend it over prescription meds any day.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:59 AM   #115
Oubliette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
It's healthier than prozac, and not addictive. I'd recommend it over prescription meds any day.

you knew exactly what my little blue and orange friends are....

Old 04-12-2006, 10:03 AM   #116
bjork_freak

Quote:
I'm a big fan of Nag Champa
It's one of the best. I use Nag Champa for meditation...it's wonderful.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:09 AM   #117
Oubliette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjork_freak
It's one of the best. I use Nag Champa for meditation...it's wonderful.

I can't meditate, I get distracted or I fall asleep.

Old 04-12-2006, 04:16 PM   #118
bjork_freak

Quote:
I can't meditate, I get distracted or I fall asleep.
This is just my way of meditating and only you can find the best way for yourself. I suggest looking it up on Google. That way you can look around and see some tips that appeal to you.

Don't worry about it too much. Meditation is very hard to grasp. Try meditating shortly after waking up. I don't suggest trying the meditation technique of clearing everything out of your mind. When I try to do this, I start thinking about thinking, which leads to thinking and pretty soon there is so much things going on in my mind that I get frustrated and stop. Try visualizing. First, concentrate on your breathing. Then visualize yourself in a beautiful forest with trees thousands of feet off the ground. Picture beautiful waterfalls and the bluest skies you can imagine. Now just visualize a clearing with a stream. Sit on a rock by the stream and just imagine your body and mind relaxed and happy. Try to find your inner soul and meditate on it for awhile.

Some say the best position to meditate in is the lotus position, where both legs are put on top of each other: http://www.yatan-ayur.com.au/lotus_meditation_small.jpg.
This is an extremely awkward position to be in, unless you are flexible. It isn't crucial that you are in the position. Just find a comfortable one.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #119
Oubliette

I need a great big dose of seratonin, stat!

Old 04-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #120
pitseleh

Yeah, me too.

If only like we could do like Kodos and Kang in The Simpsons episode where they are Dole and Clinton, exchanging long protein strands by holding hands. That could possibly work, since serotonin is protein-transmitted. Not that I got a lot, but maybe a good transaction could take place anyway? I love that scene, where they walk down the street hand in hand, and the campaign advisor pulls up in a car, saying it's probably not a good idea to be seen like that. Whereupon Bill (or Bob?) answers: "We are exchanging long protein strands. If you know of a more effective way, I'd like to hear it."

We're not Clinton and Dole, though, so it probably wouldn't look so weird if we did it.

Holding hands feels good, either way, so I think we can safely say it's an effective method for relieving anxiety and depression. Once again, there is an important lesson to be gleaned from years and years of mad Simpsons-watching.

Let's hold hands. (And share a blunt.)
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 04:58 PM   #121
Engulfed_in_darkness

Green Tea cures depression.
Engulfed_in_darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:20 PM   #122
pitseleh

Damn, you had to start a new page just to say that? Screw you. I like green tea, but aside from posssibly mopping up some free radicals and having a general cleansing effect, it doesn't cure anything.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:09 PM   #123
A Simple Poet

I drink a full glass of red wine, and put on the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack. I thereby substitute melancholy for anxiety and I wouldn't have it any other way...

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:25 AM   #124
Oubliette

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh
Yeah, me too.

If only like we could do like Kodos and Kang in The Simpsons episode where they are Dole and Clinton, exchanging long protein strands by holding hands. That could possibly work, since serotonin is protein-transmitted. Not that I got a lot, but maybe a good transaction could take place anyway? I love that scene, where they walk down the street hand in hand, and the campaign advisor pulls up in a car, saying it's probably not a good idea to be seen like that. Whereupon Bill (or Bob?) answers: "We are exchanging long protein strands. If you know of a more effective way, I'd like to hear it."

We're not Clinton and Dole, though, so it probably wouldn't look so weird if we did it.

Holding hands feels good, either way, so I think we can safely say it's an effective method for relieving anxiety and depression. Once again, there is an important lesson to be gleaned from years and years of mad Simpsons-watching.

Let's hold hands. (And share a blunt.)

I wish I had read this yesterday. Now I have a big sharkberry grin on my face.

and to this I say YES lets! You bring your hands I'll bring the blunt.

Old 04-15-2006, 11:43 AM   #125
pitseleh

LOL. I have no idea what a "sharkberry grin" is, but it sounds hella cool!

We'll go arms swinging through the park with a fat one burning!
It's a beautiful day.