Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-14-2006, 05:35 AM   #1226
spookypurple

I had brunch with my hubby, and later on I'm planning on making a fat-free,wheat-free, sugar-free easter cake. I like a challenge. And then there's the small matter of lines...

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:04 AM   #1227
edible_eye

i'm poking my head in for a moment because i'm at work and my puppies are sleeping.

yesterday, i was sprayed in the face with blood when a tube exploded. it freaked me out for a moment before i realized two things. 1.) the guy whose blood hit me was absolutely low risk. 2.) medical professionals used to work while saturated in the stuff and we've been so brutally conditioned over the past 20 years to believe that even a drop of blood today = a death sentence, that it did freak me out.

i went through the motions set up for an "exposure". this episode is the third "exposure" of my career.

today, i'm back at work and waiting for the day to end. tonight, we (my family) pile into my wife's trck and head to jersey for a few days of partying, whiskey, a hot tub, food, family and firends.

and you know what's weird? after not being here for so many days, the landscape of the site most definitely morphs into quasi-alien territory. on the flip-side, i've finished two short story submissions for a competition, deadline may 15 and i've begun writing my novels again. this is the side of my life i've ignored for so long. it feels like a dormanty section of my mind has woken from a long sleep.

now, if i can secure a new agent this summer, i'll see if i have what it takes to get something notable published.

wish me luck.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:05 AM   #1228
TheKorovaMilkbar

So far?

I went to work. Big fucking surprise.

Oh wait, but there's more. For just the low low price of my precious sleep, I can go to class in a couple hours as well. *rolls eyes*

Just messin', it's not really that bad.

*edit* E_E, that sucks. I don't think I'd enjoy getting sprayed by someone's blood if I didn't know them either. But I wish you the best of luck on that agent.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:12 AM   #1229
Oubliette

I won tickets off the radio to go see Blue Oyster Cult. My muffin had already won 2 tickets. So now we have 2 extra.

***good luck E_E may you prosper in what you put your mind to*

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:21 AM   #1230
edible_eye

thanx, korova and oubliette.

by the way, we're looking at houses in mattapoisett, oubliette. could be that we're neighbors-sorta-kinda someday.

and with that, there's editing to be done while i have time.

edible - out.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:25 AM   #1231
Demonista_Ravenesque

*hugs the Edible Eye*

Good Luck man.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:35 AM   #1232
Oubliette

You'll be a bit closer but I'm still way out in east bumfuck
If you were going to be around I'd offer the other 2 tix to you and your wifey. But having said that B.O.C. is probably too pussy for you.

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:15 AM   #1233
Sanctus Dei

Good Luck E_E I hope your publishing goes well.. btw your missed..

I have an interview in a hour or two so I have some time to waste, hmm I could have breakfast!! Yes!! I haven't done that in a while!

Krovy, stop working so much.. I miss you!
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #1234
TheKorovaMilkbar

Sorry babe, being a whore takes up a lot of time.

Nah, don't worry though. My 45 hour work week just ended, and I have the rest of the weekend to myself. The people who hired me must absolutely love me to give me that many hours on my first week. Not to mention the job is so freakin' easy compared to UPS. I can't wait to see that scrumptious paycheck.

Next week I only work two days, so I will also be around more then.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:04 PM   #1235
TwistedKitsune

I shaved, and dressed up all cute, and went to the mall with a friend, and she bought me yummy smelling stuff from Band and Body Works. Then I caught a friend of mine and amazing musician playing at the cafe there. If you've never heard/heard of Coles Whalen you really ought to go to her website and check her out. http://www.coleswhalen.com
Now I'm over at previously mentioned friends house for the night and we're being generally nuts. Huzzah for nutsness

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:02 AM   #1236
Lackluster_Heavens

Woke up, got dressed, and got ready for a concert. My band was having a little concert with a couple of friend-bands at a local skate park. Organized the last little bit of it with the other bands. Played an amazing set. Listened to two other amazing sets. Moshed a little. Got a police car called on us because we were being too loud. Went skinny-dipping with 5 of my best friends. Got home. Wrote this. 'Twas a very good day.
Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.
Lackluster_Heavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:37 AM   #1237
aspendeath

As Friday started, I was playing Mario Kart with my friend, which we did until around 12:30, then we had band practice, during which my drunk roommate came in and started throwing scissors, so we went outside and then to his room. Band practice finished around 2:30, so I went back to my room and did various things on the computer. Around 7:30 I went to the dining hall and had "dinner"/breakfast, then I came back and went to bed. I woke up around 2:30 PM, drove home for the weekend, and took a shower. Then I went to Outback Steakhouse with my friends, then we came back to my house and played Mario Kart (coincidence, I assure you), and other Nintendo games. Then they left.

That was the literal day, and since then I've been on the computer (it's 3:37 now).
aspendeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 03:19 AM   #1238
Sanctus Dei

Hmm... I got up looked at the clock, went back to sleep. Woke up an hour later, looked at the clock.. layed down and eyed the ceiling awhile.

Decided the ceiling refused to blink before me, so I got up feeling defeated before I even left the house. Hopped in the car drove to Minneapolis, yeah.. down to the big city, can you believe it? I met with this man about job... and swung by St. Sabrina's.. (the gothic Hot Topic which has also gone mainstream) Left Sabrina's with a bad taste in my mouth and returned home. I gayfully proceeded to find nothing to do for two hours and eventually went to work. That's it, great story huh?
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

Old 04-15-2006, 07:03 PM   #1239
Magpie_Tendencies

I got up, got dressed, had a really quick clean of the house so that it looked presentable and then had the lady from the World Education Program come around and interview me about going on an exchange program.

Now I'm hanging out here.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:16 AM   #1240
Sanctus Dei

I watched my baby nefew this morning (sooooo cute) managed to change a transformer from robot to car (this took atleast 7 mins to figure out.. ) Then went to work for nearly the most boring night ever...but I did manage to slice my fingers open!!! So it was all worth while.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:18 PM   #1241
Circle V

Er... back from Hawaii. I'm glad to see Korova's back, too... unless he didn't really leave in the first place and I imagined that he did. It's happened before.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:28 PM   #1242
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle V
Er... back from Hawaii. I'm glad to see Korova's back, too... unless he didn't really leave in the first place and I imagined that he did. It's happened before.
Welcome back! So...did you have fun??
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:51 PM   #1243
Circle V

Yes, I did. Hawaii isn't really my place, though... for beaches, I prefer Buzios, Brazil.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:54 PM   #1244
Godslayer Jillian

Care to tell us a little about your trip?

Oh, and, yesterday, I saw some movies of Chaplin
(so beautiful. A real masterpiece)

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:31 PM   #1245
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Care to tell us a little about your trip?

Oh, and, yesterday, I saw some movies of Chaplin
(so beautiful. A real masterpiece)
JILLIAN: Charlie Chaplin?
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:00 PM   #1246
tekajo

Wandered around Newport, Kentucky. Spent sixty dollars and all i got to show for it is an Opeth cd and an Acid Bath cd.

Fucking aquarium.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:16 PM   #1247
Engulfed_in_darkness

I hid in my closet.
Engulfed_in_darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #1248
A Simple Poet

I visited my nephew and niece and tried to assure them that brownies, pixies, and morlocks really do exist. I think it is a pity that imagination these days seems to be rendered inert due to overexposure to television and online media, especially for children. No wonder this country is drying up and everyone is pissed off all the time.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #1249
Crom Crauch

I did a whole lotta nothin' today... woke up, spent the morning reading, then logged onto my computer

Iucunda macula est ex inimici sanguine

Quod sum eris
Crom Crauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:49 PM   #1250
Sanctus Dei

Welcome back Circle!! Missed ya!

I worked. Yep, surprise!!